Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Spec series, but everything designed by ByKolles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Nissan problem apparently was an engine update for the GT-R GT3 that the ESM team didn’t know fully about and didn’t make changes for? That’s roughly what I remember and explains why they were melting engines through the summer.

Still wondering if European-based P2 teams may have an advantage early on in 2019 with the Michelin rubber since it’ll be such an unknown (or at least a change) for all of the DPis, whereas the WEC P2s are closer to spec.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Spec series, but everything designed by ByKolles

Dude we need SOMEONE to finish.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Cygni posted:

long (2 hour) races are cool 10% of the time, the rest is boring

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Dudley posted:

Dude we need SOMEONE to finish.

Dude we need SOMEONE to start.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

2 hour races arent long races. this is the thread that covers endurance racing, dog!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Cygni posted:

2 hour races arent long races.

A 2 hour Formula 1 race feels pretty drat long

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

oh look a Whittington is going to prison

https://racer.com/2018/10/10/former-indycar-imsa-driver-whittington-sentenced-to-prison/

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

specifically, going back to prison.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Cadillac 1-2-3 in Petit practice. 9 cars within a second though.

https://racer.com/2018/10/11/albuquerque-cadillac-lead-opening-petit-le-mans-practice/

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

really hope Mazda stumbles bass-ackwardly into a win this weekend

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Mazda 4-5 in praccy 2

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Anyone else going to the race?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

drgitlin posted:

Anyone else going to the race?

Was going to, but work kinda intervened.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://jalopnik.com/australias-ban-on-stadium-super-trucks-ban-upheld-in-co-1829685617
Supreme Court of Victoria upheld the SST ban in Australia.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

I guess SST China is about to become a thing

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I know I’m ready for the SST race on top of the Great Wall, hell yeah

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
SST supporting IMSA when

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

The category looked seriously amateurish with spectator deaths just being a matter of time so this is a sensible decision. Robbie Gordon is a whiney manbaby too.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I mean, its not a "series". It's basically circuit monstertrucks in how its organized. And it rocks.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
They released the calender for supercars for next year. Biggest change is that bathurst is now the start of the enduro portion of the series which could be interesting to watch. I'm predicting a whole pile of meltdowns from the fans in the coming weeks.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

They released the calender for supercars for next year. Biggest change is that bathurst is now the start of the enduro portion of the series which could be interesting to watch. I'm predicting a whole pile of meltdowns from the fans in the coming weeks.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/why-bathurst-will-be-enduro-cup-opener-in-2019-2

Seems there's a legit cost-savings reason for this move. I'm surprised it wasn't done just for the sake of changing things up.

It's going to be interesting to see how teams and co-drivers get into things without Sandown to warm them up first.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Bathurst stays where it is on the schedule in it's traditional spot the weekend after the football grand finals so I doubt fans will mind about that much. The bigger change looks to be changing the Gold Coast round from 2x 300km races to 1x 500km race to align the format with Sandown. Sandown swaps with Pukekohe to allow them to freight by sea rather than air to New Zealand, also to get out of Melbourne during that window of AFL finals.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://racer.com/2018/10/12/heinricher-racing-to-field-all-female-acura-team-in-gtd/

Katherine Legge, Simona De Silvestro and Ana Beatriz will join Jackie Heinricher in a MSR GTD Acura next year. Legge and Heinricher will be full time. With that group of drivers, somebody is def getting a 500 ride right?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Kat is a fast Silver driver, but I’m not sure how competitive the team will be without a Gold driver as part of the team.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

gret posted:

Kat is a fast Silver driver, but I’m not sure how competitive the team will be without a Gold driver as part of the team.

She's likely getting a bump to Gold next year, as she was one of the much maligned cadre of super silvers. If she doesn't get a FIA bump to gold, IMSA will likely categorize her as gold. De Silvestro is also a gold (though she's Rolex-only), and Bia appears to be gold as well.

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 12, 2018

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Bia was fast in Indy Lights, Simona was decent in IndyCar, but I'm not sure how either will fare in a GT car. Simona hasnt exactly set Supercars on fire. I think Bia has been racing Brazilian stockcars?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Nissan, Mazda, Mazda, Nissan in quals. Noice.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

CactusWeasle posted:

Bia was fast in Indy Lights, Simona was decent in IndyCar, but I'm not sure how either will fare in a GT car. Simona hasnt exactly set Supercars on fire. I think Bia has been racing Brazilian stockcars?

SdS' Altima has been hot garbage for the overwhelming majority of her time in Supercars.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Cygni posted:

Nissan, Mazda, Mazda, Nissan in quals. Noice.

Win or blow up mode activated

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Something something welds manifold fast & furious

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 13, 2018

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Schlesische posted:

SdS' Altima has been hot garbage for the overwhelming majority of her time in Supercars.

Well she is almost always 4th out of 4 within her team and is generally in the last 3 cars out of 26 in the field in practise and qualifying. She's very quickly running out of excuses in Australia, they've even started dialling back the saturation coverage of her because it's increasingly embarrassing given her lack of competitiveness.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Cygni posted:

2 hour races arent long races. this is the thread that covers endurance racing, dog!

My post on the last page made it a bit clearer what I mean, if you missed that.

I like endurance races (6+ hours), and I like sprint races which are about an hour long, or even shorter back-to-back stuff like WRX. Two hour - imo - gave a great chance of becoming super boring, and the racing series I follow which went from 1,5+ hour races to one hour all benefited from it, imo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

BOB VARSHA

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Smorgasbord posted:

Well she is almost always 4th out of 4 within her team and is generally in the last 3 cars out of 26 in the field in practise and qualifying. She's very quickly running out of excuses in Australia, they've even started dialling back the saturation coverage of her because it's increasingly embarrassing given her lack of competitiveness.

She's an open wheel driver, but I guess I understand her jumping at the Aussie gig where they were keen to promote her and she knew she wasnt going to be screwed over (again)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

God I love this track

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
WEC is this weekend too. #7 qualified fastest but due to being ahead of the #8 pit lane speeding, the #8 is promoted to pole

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Pipo has a puncture, Mazda 1-2 confirmed

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Well that’s one Acura down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
I know JPM is a legend and everything but he's been a complete dumbass all year in the Acura