Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Murray Mantoinette posted:

can't wait for them to follow in the footsteps of the Star Wars EU and write a separate novel about each one of the pugs shown being led by Leto I in the Lynch movie during the move to Arrakis

I would absolutely read these but they'd have to be written by a competent author. Maybe an anthology book, where each author goes into the details of the lives of each pug.

If it were a KJA thing then each pug will have been, at some point, custodian of the secret plans for the Death Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Mad Hamish posted:

I would absolutely read these but they'd have to be written by a competent author. Maybe an anthology book, where each author goes into the details of the lives of each pug.

If it were a KJA thing then each pug will have been, at some point, custodian of the secret plans for the Death Star.

I mean, a death star. One of many?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, a death star. One of many?

I mean, obviously at least one of the Death Stars will actually be under the control of IG-88 LORD CYBERTREX 8000.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Worm Sign Story

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Is LORD CYBERTREX a real name from the BH/KJA books? I thought maybe it was just a running gag in here to exaggerate how bad they are, but now I’m not so sure.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

whydirt posted:

Is LORD CYBERTREX a real name from the BH/KJA books? I thought maybe it was just a running gag in here to exaggerate how bad they are, but now I’m not so sure.

this thread is the first hit on google

It's probably better than the 'real' thing, honestly.

Holy poo poo the second result is some kind of psycho poo poo http://cybertrex.eu/w3b/includes/pages/book.php?q=boutique-knits.html

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Ths real robot name is Omnius but oretend i just said lord cybertrex

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

basic hitler posted:

Ths real robot name is Omnius but oretend i just said lord cybertrex

Hmmm...something ominous about that name...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Hmmm...something ominous about that name...

Next in line after Darth Insanious and Darth Icky

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Darth Unpleasantous

Darth Objectionabilis

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Darth Omnipenis

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
Darth Peeisstoredintheballsnius

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Darth Joker Megatron Manson.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Harkonnen soundtrack from Emperor: Battle for Dune is wonderful and that game needs and deserves an HD remaster.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I don't like much about 1984 Dune, but that cold opener by Virginia Madsen is ace, and it's hard to imagine how Villaneuve could top it (and the cool rear end creepy weird string noise right up front)

I don't even really like the score to be honest, but the one song that Lynch commissoned by Eno is fantastic and very fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4onBqilHvc

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
It's on Netflix, watchin' it right now.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Potential BFF posted:

The Harkonnen soundtrack from Emperor: Battle for Dune is wonderful and that game needs and deserves an HD remaster.

Hear hear

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

LONG LIVE DUKE LETO!!!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Small bit of trivia: that pug grew up to be Ian McKellan.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I got 99 problems.
But a sietch ain't one.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Heeyyy-eyy-eyyyeyyy

Fold space everyday

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
gently caress, I just realized the solution to the problem of successfully bringing DUNE to the big screen is to make it a musical.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Applewhite posted:

gently caress, I just realized the solution to the problem of successfully bringing DUNE to the big screen is to make it a musical.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Oh also I read a KJA quote the other day that made me want to puke:

“I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings.” —KJA

Chop of his hands so he can never write another word because he is a disgrace to science fiction literature, IMO.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Applewhite posted:

Oh also I read a KJA quote the other day that made me want to puke:

“I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings.” —KJA

Chop of his hands so he can never write another word because he is a disgrace to science fiction literature, IMO.

Lmao what a quote coming from that hack.

Also it is too bad Troy McClure is unavailable for a Dune musical :sigh:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Admitting to being unable to finish or enjoy UKLeG should carry the same social stigma as admitting to making GBS threads your pants in public.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Applewhite posted:

Oh snap, the guy whose answer to the deathstar was a deathstar-size lightsaber doesn't care about what the elitists think!

(I never read Mieville, probably should, but LeGuin and Banks are brilliant and this motherfucker wants to act like they're only well liked because hurr durr the librul media)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Applewhite posted:

Admitting to being unable to finish or enjoy UKLeG should carry the same social stigma as admitting to making GBS threads your pants in public.

What is UKLeg?

(Pronounced UCK -LEG)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Johnny Aztec posted:

What is UKLeg?

(Pronounced UCK -LEG)

Ursula K LeGuin

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Johnny Aztec posted:

What is UKLeg?

(Pronounced UCK -LEG)

He's the big orc that kidnaps Merry and Pippin.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

phasmid posted:

Oh snap, the guy whose answer to the deathstar was a deathstar-size lightsaber doesn't care about what the elitists think!

(I never read Mieville, probably should, but LeGuin and Banks are brilliant and this motherfucker wants to act like they're only well liked because hurr durr the librul media)

I kind of hated the one mieville book I read, but it wasn't because he was a bad writer.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Applewhite posted:

I actually have a leaked part of the script from the forthcoming film.

Paul: Can I play the baliset anymore?
Stilgar: Of course you can!
Paul: Well, I couldn't before!
(PAUL performs a spectacular baliset solo, wowing CHANI. STILGAR is unimpressed.)
Fremen Chorus: Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Ooooh, Paul Atreides!
Big Daddy Vlad, The Rapping Baron Harkonnen: Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides!

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Applewhite posted:

"I'm not cloned! I'm not cloned!" I insist as I continue to shrink and transform into a mound of ultra spice.
-- Sandworms of Dune, Kevin Janderson

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

(PAUL performs a spectacular baliset solo, wowing CHANI. STILGAR is unimpressed.)
Fremen Chorus: Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Paul Atreides! Ooooh, Paul Atreides!

Shaddam:
I hate every Paul I see
From Atreid-As to Atrei-Ds
Oh they've finally smashed my army

Yes we've finally smashed his army

Yes they've finally smashed them all
At Aaaa-raaaaa-keeeeeen!
I love you, Dr. Yueh!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Barons poignant lament 'who put a poison needle on my sex slave' (chorus: 'it was feyd it was feyd it was fated to be') is surprisingly moving

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I keep telling you people. 'Walk Without Rhythm' should be the most ironically catching song of the season. Dancing Fremen everywhere.

phasmid posted:

Funny thing is Rogue One basically makes it canon that the Death Star was based on the same technology as lightsabers and uses the same components.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Funny thing is Rogue One basically makes it canon that the Death Star was based on the same technology as lightsabers and uses the same components.

its like poetry, it rhymes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Krennic is basically a canon version of Darthenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb Star Wars