Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Julias posted:

:yeah:

Most fans I've seen online have been pretty meh about the first episode, from lots of noticeably badly drawn still shots, coloring errors, and bad animation to the really brutal whiplash of a girl getting the crap beaten out of her, in what's supposed to be a serious scene, but also her bare boobs get exposed, just cause. There wasn't a lot of restraint when it came to making the girls topless.

Fans surprised girl is beaten up until her clothes come off in anime based on game where you beat girls up until their clothes come off.

It definitely had some cute moments, but it went zero to bare nipples in under 3 minutes. Senran Kagura is not confused about what it is.

In other news, Miss Beelzebub is inferior to Sweet Dreams in the Demon Castle in every way, but it had some nice moments. This has been your hot take of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spyce's training episode today was probably one of my favorite modern training episodes

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
So I just saw Penguin Highway.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fangz posted:

So I just saw Penguin Highway.

Thoughts, opinions?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Julias posted:

Thoughts, opinions?

It's a fun adventure. If you are expecting something more thematic and deeper, it's not that. Despite the silliness of the premise, it reminds me of a Clarke or Asimov novel in its hard scifi stylings - main character, a man (well, boy) of science, discovers a strange phenomenon, and investigates it scientifically with carefully documented experiments until he finds the solution. The boy is arrogantly proud of his own smarts, but this is a quirk, not a flaw to be addressed. The boy's attitude might be annoying to some people, but since he's a small kid it mostly comes off as cute to me.

There's an important plot element around the child protagonist's crush on an adult woman but it never goes anywhere questionable.

The penguins are cute.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eh, the thematic use of roads/paths in the film's photography/direction was really clever, id say it has some visuals worth thinking about in terms of how they tell a story on their own

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Roads and paths is a motif, not a theme.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Easterns are Russian movies set in Siberia. Golden Kamui is a Northern. :colbert:
What do you call the Good, the Bad, and the Weird/Kundo/etc. set during periods of Korean strife?

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
Those are Southerns, obviously.

(Tarantino said that Django Unchained was a Southern because it was like a Western, but set in the American South & dealing with racism and poo poo, but he was wrong. He should've set it in South Korea.)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
lookit these cute mfing critters

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Merc Stories is a cute show about going on a journey and making friends with fluffy monsters

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

So I just watched the the first two episodes of Bunny Girl Senpai and it really surprised me. Like I was expecting it to be a fan servicey show about a bunny girl buts it's nothing like that. It's more of a Supernatural Mystery with Romance elements.

It's a very intriguing story so far and I can honestly say I'm pretty hooked.

The mc is pretty good and the banter he has going on with the main girl is excellent. It reminds me of the banter between Araragi and Senjougahara from Monogotari.

It's only two episodes in but I really recommend it so far! Don't let the title fool you I think the show is really excellent so far and I can't wait for Wednesday.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah I watched the first episode out of grim curiosity from the title and I was pleasantly surprised to see how good it was. Definitely one of my favourites this season.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Feeling like watching a show just cause a character design looks fun.

Look, look at this robit from Zoids Wild.

He's like a lethal league character, it rules.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Every show I've watched this season has been goddamn great and I'm like 80% sure it isn't just the drugs saying this.

I wanted to be like goddamn the vanpire neighbor and anime yell! are especially terrific but I just watched the maid show and it's shocking how good that is.

Love what sword art is doing and attack on titan not going away rules and that trigger show is dope and slime rules and the the all the high school girls go back in time or another dimension shows are great, the PAWorks one being flat out ridic beaut. Even bakumatsu is highly enjoyable despite being what it is and has the most epic background music ever. And gotta love the murder circus, seems much easier to like than tora or w/e dudes last thing was.

My one complaint is that I misunderstood the description of beezlebub and thought the guy was the airhead demon and the girl the hard worker and think that would be a lot better. Oh and its a shame space fishing isn't just normal fishing in space.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I still appeciate that Attack on Titan ended up having the big twist be: It was Earth the whole time, and the island is a mega concentration camp.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So what's hot n' good this fall season? I heard Zombieland Saga was like Asobi?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

no not really

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Anima Yell is good, cute fun, and hearing Love and Joy for the cheering sessions is a good nostalgia kick.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Zombie Land Saga is nothing like Asobi Asobase so far. It's been fairly funny, though, but nothing like Asobi Asobase.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Not at all. It's a goofy zombie-idol comedy, that's going for a much more lighthearted affair.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

nielsm posted:

Anima Yell is good, cute fun, and hearing Love and Joy for the cheering sessions is a good nostalgia kick.

It reminds me of Pripara in places which is a very good thing

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I enjoy Himoto House and the trials and travails of women with superpowers completely useless or actively detrimental in daily life.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

cutting off the improv segment is a crime

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

cutting off the improv segment is a crime

There's more than what they show at the end of the episode? I'd watch an entire show of those.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the previous shows in the series (tesagure, gdgd fairies etc) had way more. idk about all of them off the top of my head, but some of them were also just animated parts of an hour long radio show so there's no way there isnt more

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

chumbler posted:

There's more than what they show at the end of the episode? I'd watch an entire show of those.

There is, but it's part of the official radio series so it won't be translated I suspect. It's a shame because one of the series' gimmicks is that it;s in tandem with the radio show. For example, they actually already aired the audio of the scripted section of the show as part of the radio show building up to the broadcast.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Release the SPYC---oh god, you can't just chomp down on a bay leaf like that :gonk:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a kitten posted:

Release the SPYC---oh god, you can't just chomp down on a bay leaf like that :gonk:

All power comes at a cost.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I just saw Mirai and I still have a huge smile on my face.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

a kitten posted:

It's okay, it's not actual bayleaf, just drugs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

My dad used to leave them in whenever he cooked so he could lol at us accidentally biting into one :(

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Fangz posted:

I just saw Mirai and I still have a huge smile on my face.

I kinda wish I attended Scotland Loves Anime. That and Pancreas sounded good.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

Not at all. It's a goofy zombie-idol comedy, that's going for a much more lighthearted affair.
I should've been more specific.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Spyce is Strike Witches but spies.
It's Totally Spies but subtle.
It's Kids Next Door but good.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

Spyce is Strike Witches but spies.

A thinly veiled excuse to show butts?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's Kids Next Door but good.
You little...! :blastu:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ergo, Strike Witches is subtle and good. mods, rename that poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gah, like every pv I look at is making me want to watch more poo poo this season. I'm still behind on last season(s).

:rip: