Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

Freudian Slip posted:

What is the house effect of Ipsos? Do they usually lean Labor?

Not really. But they do have a historically inflated Green vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hidys posted:

Not really. But they do have a historically inflated Green vote.

They assume the Tree Tory demographic votes 1. Green 2. Liberal rather than the other way around

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1051420402923200512

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1051420093840732160

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

NTRabbit posted:

They assume the Tree Tory demographic votes 1. Green 2. Liberal rather than the other way around

It's more that they underestimate ALPs primary vote.

The TPP is probably pretty close.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I can't wait for the Strayan to pump out 500 articles about how ScumMo's fightback will lead the LNP to victory and Labor is doomed if they don't switch leaders now.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Aesculus posted:

I can't wait for the Strayan to pump out 500 articles about how ScumMo's fightback will lead the LNP to victory and Labor is doomed if they don't switch leaders now.
The current top story is "Morrison takes fight to Shorten - The Coalition has continued its political comeback in the wake of Malcolm Turnbull’s ousting, according to the latest Newspoll."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Surely it would be hard to rig.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1051423513691676672

(one nation adjustment is the bogus newspoll preference change they made at the start of the year)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Newspoll also comes out tonight I believe, anyone else able to confirm?

i keep thinking your bif i dont like this avatar

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Senor Tron posted:

I'm the guy who thinks government policy is destroying the planet but doesn't want to criticise it because that would be mean to daddy.

It's not about being mean but it probably hinges on whether you love your family.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Aesculus posted:

I'm the 2 percent of Greens voters who are unsure of whether it's good or bad to allow discrimination.

hippies.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Aesculus posted:

https://twitter.com/australian/status/1051420020041904128?s=19

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

:yeshaha:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So what do you guys think.

Is Prime Minister Sharks and his persona working for the LNP or is Newspoll rigging the preference flows super hard.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hambeet posted:

i keep thinking your bif i dont like this avatar

I know, I have the same issue. My joy for a bif post gets crushed.

We have to fix this.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Don't you dare fix me

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
"Continued" :thunk:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Box of Bunnies posted:

Be the thicc goth gf you want to see in the world

:same:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

So what do you guys think.

Is Prime Minister Sharks and his persona working for the LNP or is Newspoll rigging the preference flows super hard.

Neither, because that Newspoll result isn't remotely favourable for the Coalition.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Neither, because that Newspoll result isn't remotely favourable for the Coalition.

What are you talking about? It is clearly aiming to paint plucky little ScoMo as Comeback King Morrison. It's helping them.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Anidav posted:

What are you talking about? It is clearly aiming to paint plucky little ScoMo as Comeback King Morrison. It's helping them.

They can print whatever headline they like but those numbers are worse than Turnbull's.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Lid posted:

Voting undermines the will of the people – it's time to replace it with sortition

Our representative form of government divides us but installing ordinary people at the heart of power would be transformative

Tim Dunlop

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/14/voting-undermines-the-will-of-the-people-its-time-to-replace-it-with-sortition

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

https://twitter.com/mohammedzismail/status/1051336047089594368

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The person with the largest name listed in AusPol word cloud is ostracised and the second biggest becomes PM.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

The person with the largest name listed in AusPol word cloud is ostracised and the second biggest becomes PM.

Rest in Peace Prime Minister Bicycle
All Hail Prime Minister Helmets

Alternate Joke: Christmas, and Bus.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

56 year old suicide bomber gotta be a record

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

As was foretold in the prophecy.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
https://twitter.com/TheKouk/status/1051234236093460480?s=19

Too bad none of the farmers are going to listen...

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
You can get people throwing themselves at the chance to live in a shipping container in the middle of the loving desert working 10+ hour shifts in the heat for years on end, you just need to pay them like 100k+

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
What are the chances of the farm work requirement going through? I’m on the dole and I don’t want to pick fruit.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Count Chocula posted:

What are the chances of the farm work requirement going through? I’m on the dole and I don’t want to pick fruit.

This government is terrible at passing legislation. Please don’t stress about this.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Count Chocula posted:

Considering that the only news about this is via channels that begin the article with DOLE BLUDGERS it sounds like more dumbshit hot air to get good "base" media.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
CRAIG KELLY MP: 'There are events in our lives that shape us. One of the seminal events in my life was the birth of my son, Trent. He was born with Downs Syndrome. It made me question all my Liberal values.'

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

CRAIG KELLY MP: 'There are events in our lives that shape us. One of the seminal events in my life was the birth of my son, Trent. He was born with Downs Syndrome. It made me question all my Liberal values.'

"Yet, here we are"

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

And the world comes crashing into perspective

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

13 more months of this :nallears:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Haha someone forwarded Bill that religious schools polling

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2018/oct/15/coalition-morrison-joyce-coal-polls-politics-live

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey Bill tell the Libs to get the kids off Nauru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

The Peccadillo posted:

I don't think twilight, harry potter or my little pony are particularly goth. I think you're just describing dweebs
Twilight was the only one I was pointing out as Goth enticing. Although I think the modern incarnation is known as Steam Punk.

JBP posted:

It's lame but I don't understand how people liking Harry Potter enough to wear Harry Potter poo poo is in any way scary. Let people like things.
Adults wearing stuff meant for children has never ever resulted in bad outcomes.

• Locked thread