Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Noctone posted:

Bums me out when people talk about BF4 in the past tense. It's still very much alive and well and probably will hold a decent player count up until if/when they make another modern or futuristic Battlefield.

It's not undergoing active development, and if you already have all the guns/attachments/dog tags unlocked, I feel like there isn't much left to mark progress. When BF Hardline came out, I feel like I had done everything I wanted to in BF4, I just want more content. If BFV ends up being BF1-2, I might end up going back to Hardline or BF4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Skyscraper posted:

It's not undergoing active development, and if you already have all the guns/attachments/dog tags unlocked, I feel like there isn't much left to mark progress. When BF Hardline came out, I feel like I had done everything I wanted to in BF4, I just want more content. If BFV ends up being BF1-2, I might end up going back to Hardline or BF4.

I mean I guess if cheevs are your thing then sure. Personally the appeal is doing silly/awesome things and competing against other people, and that loop never ends. Shoving an RPG up a helicopters rear end is always extremely gratifying and running someone over with a jeep will always make me cackle with glee.

And I can tell you from having played the beta that BFV is a radical departure in gameplay from BF1.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I only stopped playing BF4 on PC when BF1 was about to release and most of my goon crew jumped to 1 or other game. I got BF1 only with Revolution edition and if it wasn't because on PC my current MP games are Siege and The Division, I'd keep playing BF4 and see if I could reach 1200 hours on it. I put like 600 on BF3 and 400 on BC2 between PC and Xbox360. Having a daily goon squad makes easier to put big amounts of time.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I played over 400 hours of bf4 and yep, only because there was a regular goon crew every day.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Noctone posted:

And I can tell you from having played the beta that BFV is a radical departure in gameplay from BF1.

Could you expand this point more? Is the infantry focus some people talk about?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Noctone posted:

I mean I guess if cheevs are your thing then sure. Personally the appeal is doing silly/awesome things and competing against other people, and that loop never ends. Shoving an RPG up a helicopters rear end is always extremely gratifying and running someone over with a jeep will always make me cackle with glee.

They are! Not specifically cheevs so much as ingame swag. I was real excited about getting a mohawk and katana and stupid robot arm by doing ridiculous things, but apparently that's being removed. The BF1 achievement dogtags looked like rear end, also.

I don't know if jeeps will even be a thing in this new game, and that beta was totally unconvincing that there will be the level of vehicles I need to do dumb stuff with. The halftrack was cool, but not fast enough and didn't have a turret, I don't think. There certainly won't be any helicopters to do silly things with.

Also, while I'm at it, one thing BF1 did right: K Bullets. I can't imagine they'll be in BFV, but I liked them.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Tei posted:

I too would like a definition of "radical departure"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

I only stopped playing BF4 on PC when BF1 was about to release and most of my goon crew jumped to 1 or other game. I got BF1 only with Revolution edition and if it wasn't because on PC my current MP games are Siege and The Division, I'd keep playing BF4 and see if I could reach 1200 hours on it. I put like 600 on BF3 and 400 on BC2 between PC and Xbox360. Having a daily goon squad makes easier to put big amounts of time.

the BF1 premium pass is free right now.gogogo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Got base game a while ago for 5€ and already got the free premium pass, i don't know if I should bother starting on PC just to get all our eurocrew jump to BFV.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I just started last week, I had 2 sessions with Panboy, Dirac, Riflen, and some others.

It is fun even if you just get started.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
Echoing the question for PS4 goons. I play on Europe, PSN: IronHam.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Skyscraper posted:

They are! Not specifically cheevs so much as ingame swag. I was real excited about getting a mohawk and katana and stupid robot arm by doing ridiculous things, but apparently that's being removed. The BF1 achievement dogtags looked like rear end, also.

The dogtags in BF4 and patches/melee weapons in Hardline are so good

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Fleetwood posted:

The dogtags in BF4 and patches/melee weapons in Hardline are so good

I thought so too! It looks like even the dogtag game in BFV is better than BF1
https://twitter.com/EA_DICE/status/1050405901667131393

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Why they use that Bauhaus art style for everything?

It looked wrong in star wars battlefront, look wrong in battlefield world war two.

Is like they let the dorc design all their columns. Or in other angle, if the doric designed all columns, there will be no differences between columns. Everything will be the same, no differences in appeal an sense. Is design nihilism.

I watch Battlefield 2, and have a personality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xtW226KAPg

(it also looks like a dated UI).

I watch Call of Duty, and have a personality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvQphvbbg4

(zerg strategy, the game).

But battlefront and now battlefield have a UI design that have no personality and is the loving same thing.

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 14, 2018

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
To all those wanting to join [BUTT] clan, it is full for now. We might need some trimming to let others in.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I play BF1 at least twice a week on PS4. I'm sure you can clean at least 60% if the BUTT platoon right now.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Tei posted:

Why they use that Bauhaus art style for everything?

It looked wrong in star wars battlefront, look wrong in battlefield world war two.

Is like they let the dorc design all their columns. Or in other angle, if the doric designed all columns, there will be no differences between columns. Everything will be the same, no differences in appeal an sense. Is design nihilism.

I watch Battlefield 2, and have a personality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xtW226KAPg

(it also looks like a dated UI).

I watch Call of Duty, and have a personality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvQphvbbg4

(zerg strategy, the game).

But battlefront and now battlefield have a UI design that have no personality and is the loving same thing.

Easier localization

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tei posted:

No more bullet drop, no more 1hkills at different ranges

red19fire
May 26, 2010

lambskin posted:

To all those wanting to join [BUTT] clan, it is full for now. We might need some trimming to let others in.

You can go ahead and cut me, I'm not going to play V until it's severely discounted.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
You can poop me out of the BUTT for a while too. I've not had access to my console all year, and my life is going to be sucking for a long time yet so no shootmans for me until further notice.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I haven't seen you in a long while parking tigers. What's going on with you?

I won't be on bf1 much so you can take me out of butt. Unless the clan carries over to bfv then keep me on because I'll definitely be playing quite a bit of bfv when it launches.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

You can boot me from Butt too if you haven't, I'm back on PC.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I'll try to remember to do that when I get back this weekend. I'm not sure if the platoon will carry over into bf v.

blackknight
Oct 16, 2008
Is anyone based in NA/EST timezone still playing? psn is carlsagan42069.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

blackknight posted:

Is anyone based in NA/EST timezone still playing? psn is carlsagan42069.

I invited you on PS4, cardschange

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Yeah I should have added you, though most people in BUTT are playing rd2

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Who on the BUTT crew are getting this on release? I'm debating a bit for reception or pre-ordering. I did enjoy the beta a lot.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I've pre-ordered it. I had tons of fun with the beta!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Former bf1 butt krew will be getting this on release. Battlefield games are always the best around release.

Its a shame that the battle Royale doesn't comet out for a few more months.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'll be getting BFV on PC (hopefully on release) but I want to get it on PS4 to play with BUTT goons too. A shame that all the platoon things are not working at release because it'll be an early access game what we're getting. This could be any other AAA release but :dice: is leaving so many things out for post release compared to previous BF games that is sad.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Guillermus posted:

I'll be getting BFV on PC (hopefully on release) but I want to get it on PS4 to play with BUTT goons too. A shame that all the platoon things are not working at release because it'll be an early access game what we're getting. This could be any other AAA release but :dice: is leaving so many things out for post release compared to previous BF games that is sad.

Yeah between this and the road map they unveiled clearly shows they are all hands on deck scrambling to rework everything.

I'll play a bit every week and enjoy the gig conquest modes and wait for the new stuff to come out. But I have a bad feeling I may not get as deep into this game as I did with bf1.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Anyone up for some Sunday bf1 and beer? PlayStation cardschange

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Is there a battlefield 5 thread? For the 6th battlefield that is

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A Typical Goon posted:

Is there a battlefield 5 thread? For the 6th battlefield that is

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868101&pagenumber=1

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
BFV is already way way way WAY better than BF1, at least on PC. There are some dreadful bugs to be worked out and balancing needs some tweaks but it's an amazing game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Noctone posted:

BFV is already way way way WAY better than BF1, at least on PC. There are some dreadful bugs to be worked out and balancing needs some tweaks but it's an amazing game.

I just don't believe you.

You are not the first that I read that say that.

But I attribute it to peasantry. Infantry always have funny ideas about what make a BF game good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Noctone posted:

Ill argue the complete opposite. I think BF1 is better in every way. I played BF5 for a while and ended up just switching back to play BF1 for the rest of the night. To each their own I guess :shrug: (this is on Xbox if it matters)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oh poo poo I forgot this game had a console thread. I bought it after the EA Access trial surprised me. Hated the beta, but the full game really is way better than BF1, sound and graphics are unbelievable on X too, even though the beta had worse-than-BF1 graphics. GT: dr fatsaq

If you use headphones remember to chose 3D headphones, not just regular. Makes a huge difference.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Noctone posted:

Seconding this. Looooove this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BFV has good core mechanics but the game is broken as hell. As someone that got the game just to play with my goon squad, I'd stay away from it until it gets a few patches.