Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Covok posted:

I mean, they delayed it one week.

It's never just one week. How long have we been waiting for Doomsday clock to end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
If it's an art delay then it's very likely that more delays will come in.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Snyder video on scripting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3q7_7DOxKA

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Mitografia/status/1050848100393218048

:unsmith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Was.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

He gets to see his daughter again. :unsmith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did this Roy even have a kid?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He has two arms, so guessing not.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endless Mike posted:

He has two arms, so guessing not.

Out of context this makes it look like you have severe misconceptions about childbirth.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Everyone knows women devour one of the males arms during pregnancy to provide sustenance to the child

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Is there anyone here enjoying any of the following:
  • Heroes in Crisis and its related deaths?
  • Dick losing his memories?
  • Jason abandoning the Outlaws?
  • Batman's marriage not working out and the fallout of it?
  • Bendis on Superman?]

I'm not judging, I'm generally curious.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm curious about Dick's plot and Lobdell has already said Artemis and Bizarro will return down the line so I'm game to see what's in store for Jason.

The rest though? :barf:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Too soon to tell on Hi-C. Don't really mind who dies. They may as well be as upsetting as pos for impact value. I just want the plot to be interesting, and I don't think we have a clear picture of that at issue one.
Yes to Bendy Soups.

edit: I think Batman is in a bit of a lull right now, but the Catwoman solo is good, so no huge issue with the marriage not working out.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 14, 2018

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Are we talking strictly the Superman title, or does this extend to Action Comics? If it's the latter, I'm finding that nice.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Latest issue of Batman was really solid.

Anyone pick up the Walmart books? Bendis Batman was a pretty fun, Bendisy story, and King’s Superman was pretty emotional for a Walmart book. No gut punches pulled there.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Covok posted:

• Bendis on Superman?]

Nope, I like my superheroes when they're bright and colorful. It feels like DC hit the Undo button on several positions that I was extremely interested in.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I love how the Michael Cray series played out:

He kills The Wild Storm versions of the Green Arrow, Flash, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman but of course John Constantine does just enough to ensure he survives, even if it is going to be in some godforsaken IO holding site. Even here, Conjob wriggles out of it while everyone else drops like flies around him. Perfect.

Not a bad little series overall but drat, the art was rough as hell.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

• Bendis on Superman?]

• No
  • No
  • No
  • No
  • Eh... kinda.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Onmi posted:

Nope, I like my superheroes when they're bright and colorful. It feels like DC hit the Undo button on several positions that I was extremely interested in.

That's how my brother and I feel. We both got into DC hard when Rebirth happened and we loved a lot of things like the Superman family. But some of those things they are moving back on and it just feels like, especially with Heroes in Crisis, that the tone at the top is to reverse course. And it might push us out. We'll see. I was a little bitter on some things initially, but got over it. But I do notice I am buying less and less DC books. But some of that is just attrition. Like, when Rucka left Wonder Woman, the book became a steaming pile of poo poo so I dropped it, for example. But I wonder if other people are noticing the same trend with their purchases.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Covok posted:

That's how my brother and I feel. We both got into DC hard when Rebirth happened and we loved a lot of things like the Superman family. But some of those things they are moving back on and it just feels like, especially with Heroes in Crisis, that the tone at the top is to reverse course. And it might push us out. We'll see. I was a little bitter on some things initially, but got over it. But I do notice I am buying less and less DC books. But some of that is just attrition. Like, when Rucka left Wonder Woman, the book became a steaming pile of poo poo so I dropped it, for example. But I wonder if other people are noticing the same trend with their purchases.

Like more than anything, I just find I don't care about the stories they're asking me to read. Heroes in Crisis COULD turn out to be amazing as a story, but I won't ever care, because it's not the kind of story I want to read. Bendis could be penning the Superman Magnum Opus in the future, a story so good that it utterly obliterates any and all other stories and becomes a shining radiance of Good Story Telling. But I'm uninterested because I liked Super Dad raising his son, hanging out with his family and going to a Dinosaur Island in another dimension.

I just don't care about what's going on in Bendis's super books. Maybe that means I'll lose out on great stories, but I don't like a lot of popular stories because they aren't why I read comic books.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Covok posted:

• Bendis on Superman?]

Not reading it because everything about it looks terrible.
Not reading it anymore because the recent turn of events is loving stupid.
Not reading it because I don’t give a poo poo about Jason Todd.
Not reading it because I don’t think Tom King’s Batman is good. But this was a dumb move.
Sigh. I am reading it. Because I love Superman but it’s not good at all. Action is moderately better. I like Bendis a lot but he doesn’t work for me yet on Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It hurts my friggin soul that we went from Tomasi's best-in-how-man-drat-years run on Superman to this.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think his Young Justice will be good. I hope so at least. He’s shown many times he’s good at writing teen heroes. I just can’t get into his Superman at all. And no thanks to his use of the terrible trope of introducing a character out of nowhere that is somehow more powerful than all the previous villains and is tied into the hero’s past to make it personal.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Let's not forget how not-so-great most of the second half of Tomasi's (plus fill-in writers) run was.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I wasn't a fan of the Bat/Cat wedding being called off, and the reasoning was stupid as gently caress, but the issues since have been solid enough.

Hey, isn't Busiek writing a Batman comic in a similar vein as Secret Identity? If so, is it any good?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's great.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been enjoying Bendis Superman a lot. I think Action is the better of the two, though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm actually not hating Bendis' Superman or Action. Superman is dragging a bit though. Like get to the point already. I still like King's Batman even if I hated the outcome of the wedding. Green Lanterns is pretty good and I like reading all 3 Justice League titles.

I'd have to say that Hawkman is my current favorite right now, followed by Mister Miracle.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
- Heroes in Crisis and its related deaths?

First issue didn't really do anything for me, will give the second one a try to see if I can actually learn something more of the plot. But so far, nope. Wally was the only one of those characters I cared about at all.

- Dick losing his memories?

I only have the main Batman title in my pull list (for DC anyway, I've also got Sex Criminals and Usagi Yojimbo), so I had no idea Dick survived until people started posting panels of him amnesiac here. I figured he wasn't dead, but it's weird they didn't directly address it in the comic where it happened.

- Jason abandoning the Outlaws?

Don't care.

- Batman's marriage not working out and the fallout of it?

I thought not going through with the marriage was dumb after all the build-up and marketing and the chance to do something new and interesting, but I really liked the Freeze issues that followed giving it some consequences. I like King's Batman generally.

- Bendis on Superman?]

Don't care.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Covok posted:

• Bendis on Superman?]

No idea on HiC, not read it yet
I never read Nightwing.
LOL Jason Todd.
I was on the fence, but that dumb move caused me to drop Batman.
I actually really like Action Comics, and I'm not a big Superman fan.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I love Bendis in general but Superman is such a weird fit for him I haven't even bothered reading it yet.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I like his Superman take. Don't really care about the Big Bad Monster That Is Stronger Than Everyone but besides that it has been fun.

I want the Kents to be all together soon tho.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Madkal posted:

Hey, isn't Busiek writing a Batman comic in a similar vein as Secret Identity? If so, is it any good?

It's been very good, but very late due (I think) to Busiek's health issues. The last issue came out in April (after originally being scheduled for January originally), and the final issue hasn't even been solicited yet.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh man, January's solicits are insane.

quote:

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #30

Written by Scott Lobdell, art and cover by Pete Woods, variant cover by Philip Tan.

Will the Red Hood's latest campaign be his last? Jason's hot on the heels of the drugs he and Arsenal recently tracked to Beijing, but instead of finally encountering the mysterious Solitary, he finds himself face to face with a figure from his past. Plus, who's the new Wingman, and why's he tracking the Red Hood? And how can he and Jason be in the same place at the same time? Find out in "Outlaw" part five!

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Jan. 16.

TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #1
written by ADAM GLASS
art by RYAN BENJAMIN
cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH
Betrayed by the Red Hood, Damian hunts down Jason Todd and vows vengeance—or death! Meanwhile, Djinn and the rest of the Titans battle one of the Other’s closest allies—Joy Stick! (Making his DCU debut from the Teen Titans Go! universe.) But when Control Freak learns all of Djinn’s most dangerous secrets, Djinn will do anything to keep the Teen Titans from finding out the truth!

NIGHTWING #56

Written by Scott Lobdell and Fabian Niceiza, art by Garry Brown, cover by Chris Mooneyham, variant cover by Otto Schmidt.

The Nightwings have been picking up the slack Dick Grayson left behind, making a dent in petty crime and cleaning up the streets of Blüdhaven. But as Scarecrow's plan comes to fruition, it looks like they may have bitten off more than they can chew...putting Grayson in a position he was not prepared for. One where he may be forced to become a hero once more.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Jan.

THE GREEN LANTERN #3

written by GRANT MORRISON
art and cover by LIAM SHARP
variant cover by JAE LEE
When the Earth goes up for sale on the alien black market, it’s up to the Green Lantern Corps to bust up “The Slave Lords of the Stars” in the latest space saga from Grant Morrison (MULTIVERSITY) and Liam Sharp (WONDER WOMAN)! With the Justice League frozen by Gamma Gong tech, Earth ends up on the auction block, and Volgar Zo hosts a menagerie of the universe’s deadliest despots and criminals: Steppenwolf, Queen Bee, the Dominators and much, much worse. Hal Jordan leads a squad of Lanterns into the fray—and someone’s going to pay the ultimate price before this case gets closed.
ON SALE 01.09.19
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES
FC | RATED T+
This issue will ship with two covers.
Please see the order form for details.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1810/15/dcjan.htm

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Somehow Damage and Silencer are ongoing past their #12s. The Terrifics might be too since the #12 here didn't say 'final' like some other things this month. Unexpected is done at #8.
Saladin Ahmed (Black Bolt, Exiles) has his first (?) DC story in a Valentines special.
Rob Williams' Suicide Squad ends at #50.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 15, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Okay DC, I get it, Jason Todd was killed with a crowbar, goddamn. I don't like the guy much either but there has got to be some other way to show a threat to a guy. You know he's not immune to bullets or anything...

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Somehow Damage and Silencer are ongoing past their #12s. The Terrifics might be too since the #12 here didn't say 'final' like some other things this month. Unexpected is done at #8.
Saladin Ahmed (Black Bolt, Exiles) has his first (?) DC story in a Valentines special.
Rob Williams' Suicide Squad ends at #50.

Is Suicide Squad getting rebooted because I thought Azz was supposed to be taking over, but it says final issue.
Also The other history of DC sounds pretty cool, and does anyone know what Bendis' Naomi is supposed to be?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

A freedom fighters book!!!!! With OG Human Bomb!!!! :swoon:

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Okay DC, I get it, Jason Todd was killed with a crowbar, goddamn. I don't like the guy much either but there has got to be some other way to show a threat to a guy. You know he's not immune to bullets or anything...

It's almost as if he should have stayed dead, and the universe is trying to rectify it, repeatedly.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think it’s more creators not having much to work with so resorting to bringing up anything memorable they can.

Like with Hank and beating his wife.