Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

They didn't buff the UMP or nerf armor, that I know of. Maybe the lovely players who can't aim have quit playing? If you hit every shot, you will melt someone pretty fast even with the UMP.

(No, the lovely players didn't quit. I kill them all the time. I'm too bad to kill anyone else.)

They increased the damage and lowered the recoil of all SMGs about 5 months ago so if they weren't around for that it could be why they're noticing a big difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Remember that time he shot the tires out of a UAZ that we needed to get into the circle after I carefully wiped the squad driving it????

No regrets.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Regrettable posted:

They increased the damage and lowered the recoil of all SMGs about 5 months ago so if they weren't around for that it could be why they're noticing a big difference.

Oh yeah, that would have been at the same time as they slightly nerfed AR recoil, removed the 8x from ARs and made DMRs accept AR attachments, right? And put L3 helmets only in care packages. A good set of changes, in hindsight. Had forgotten they buffed SMGs.

I have a lot of fun melting people with the Vector on all maps.

Hey, remember when the M16 was the best gun?

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Oct 15, 2018

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Yeah that'll be the update I missed, I figured out the L3 hats but that was about it.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I killed Ben Simmons (and Swag) over the weekend. Swag raged about the bluezone and not being able to see me after I killed him. To be fair, the new blue zones do suck, especially in fog.

I'm still having fun with this game even though it's dead and bad and dumb. I love my dead bad game.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I killed Ben Simmons (and Swag) over the weekend. Swag raged about the bluezone and not being able to see me after I killed him. To be fair, the new blue zones do suck, especially in fog.

I'm still having fun with this game even though it's dead and bad and dumb. I love my dead bad game.

It’s always my personal mission to kill swag and boom in the games I’m in with them. I’ve never seen Choco, though. He’s probably in a higher skill bracket

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mae posted:

It’s always my personal mission to kill swag and boom in the games I’m in with them. I’ve never seen Choco, though. He’s probably in a higher skill bracket

You can get into the same games as literally anyone if you queue at the same time.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
I don't know when it happened, but apparently I've been playing with my mic open. They must have pushed changed settings at some point. A dude I killed today told me "I can hear you - clack, clack, clack", and sure enough it had gone from "push to talk" to "always on"... Sigh.
And here I was wondering why my KDR had gone downhill lately.
Resetting me to 3PP all the time is one thing, this is downright devious.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

yeah a bunch of people are mouthbreathers with their mics on, like labored breathing its gross.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Dungeon Ecology posted:

yeah a bunch of people are mouthbreathers with their mics on, like labored breathing its gross.

Don't hate the sinners, hate the ... the developers, I guess?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

leave the mic open, they will learn to fear the clacking

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
so it seems like OC players can't play at all since they brought in region locking because the servers are just down constantly

i like pubg and all but it kind of deserves to be replaced by cod blops number whatever at this point

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

so it seems like OC players can't play at all since they brought in region locking because the servers are just down constantly

i like pubg and all but it kind of deserves to be replaced by cod blops number whatever at this point

Yep. We've been getting stuck on high ping servers all week. Seems like their solution for a fragmented playerbase was to just obliterate some of the servers?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Dungeon Ecology posted:

call them out for their obesity post kill

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Dungeon Ecology posted:

was hilarious listening to a teammate's labored breathing get heavier and faster when we died leaving him in a 1v4 final circle. Dude sounded like he was about to hyperventilate.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
https://twitter.com/WJacky101/status/1052922158886871041

This is really good.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If you're not playing this game with a perma-open mic yelling at people as you go, are you even playing PUBG?

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
So you guys have been hearing me spank it during games? Why didn't somebody tell me???

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Neutrino posted:

So you guys have been hearing me spank it during games? Why didn't somebody tell me???

Spanking it to you spanking it.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

why is that guys character grunting but not taking any damage? and why does it sound like hes running on pavement barefoot but hes standing still with boots on?

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I don't know when it happened, but apparently I've been playing with my mic open. They must have pushed changed settings at some point. A dude I killed today told me "I can hear you - clack, clack, clack", and sure enough it had gone from "push to talk" to "always on"... Sigh.
And here I was wondering why my KDR had gone downhill lately.
Resetting me to 3PP all the time is one thing, this is downright devious.

Today my buddy left voice comms open and said something like "he is downstairs in my house" and the dude answered "no im not" and proceeded to mow him down with an UMP.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

live free or dont posted:

Today my buddy left voice comms open and said something like "he is downstairs in my house" and the dude answered "no im not" and proceeded to mow him down with an UMP.

See, that's the kind of fun that you can get with a reasonable all-chat, and it's a shame that it's just a racist hellhole 90% of the time.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Hellsau posted:

See, that's the kind of fun that you can get with a reasonable all-chat, and it's a shame that it's just a racist hellhole 90% of the time.

All Chat can be fun but I don't like the way its either muted and you can only hear your team or on and they can hear you. I wish there was a way to hear both but use different keys to talk on each one.

The 50v50 event sounds interesting.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JEEVES420 posted:

All Chat can be fun but I don't like the way its either muted and you can only hear your team or on and they can hear you. I wish there was a way to hear both but use different keys to talk on each one.

yes, that would be a good change, but they can't even keep the game from automatically switching from push-to-talk to always-on, so...

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

In my experience, all-chat is usually fine outside of the spawn time and dropping school.
You can have some real fun by just asking people to come out and fight with pans like a man.

Then shooting them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

starting to wonder if this game might be a huge pile of poo poo

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

Well the event lasted all of 1 match cause it wasn't 50v50 but 10 10 man squads against each other. How do you release a gently caress up so bad that its not even the mode you are trying to do :downs:

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Just had my first chicken diner (13 kills) . On the mobile version.. In my first ever game on mobile. Just wanted to test my new xz3 with something heavy. It's actually a pretty good conversion but it was like playing against disabled and blind people.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Klaaz posted:

Just had my first chicken diner (13 kills) . On the mobile version.. In my first ever game on mobile. Just wanted to test my new xz3 with something heavy. It's actually a pretty good conversion but it was like playing against disabled and blind people.

You were playing against bots, friend.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

blunt posted:

You were playing against bots, friend.

Hahahaha dammit, why did you tell me this?

Nothing to see here people, just move on

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
Ive won 4 times in a row, driving around in a car on mobile.
It's just bots friend.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hey guys that was a sweet 50v50 event we had over the weekend.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hey guys that was a sweet 50v50 event we had over the weekend.

Turns out the reason there's so many bugs in PUBG is that their engine replaces all instances of '50' with '10'.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I was able to redeem the BP compensation reward thing twice, they haven't revoked the extra one, at least not yet. Even that was buggy...

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/1055069537853456385

lmao I love this broken game

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BraveUlysses posted:

game bad so what

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Okay, serious question - has anyone seen Bluehole actually use the test server to test a patch and then fix a bug within that patch? I got that stupid bug on the test server and heard others did as well, but couldn't figure out how to submit a bug report in-game and couldn't be assed to submit one online. As far as I can tell, the "test server" doesn't actually test anything.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Okay, serious question - has anyone seen Bluehole actually use the test server to test a patch and then fix a bug within that patch? I got that stupid bug on the test server and heard others did as well, but couldn't figure out how to submit a bug report in-game and couldn't be assed to submit one online. As far as I can tell, the "test server" doesn't actually test anything.

Perhaps there is a lost in translation where they think "Test" means "Preview" If you want to see how they are going to gently caress up next weeks game log in to the "Preview" server this week!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone else run into people just spamming SKS shots? Has there been some update to the gun that makes rapid firing that thing quasi accurate or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jiro posted:

Anyone else run into people just spamming SKS shots? Has there been some update to the gun that makes rapid firing that thing quasi accurate or something?

A fully loaded SKS is extremely good for rapid fire.