Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salted_Pork
Jun 19, 2011

jokes posted:

There's at least the Phantom of the Opera-style Strigoi ghoul dude for an Undead LL, etc.

Now we can be sure CA will include Border Princes just so they can cram one more vampire lord into this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

jokes posted:

I confess to playing ME pretty much exclusively. It feels nice unifying Elf Britain or whatever only to get into a hell-war with whatever other faction ends up being a global power.

Yeah it really adds to the end game when you just have multiple elite armies roaming around then you piss off #2 and mash your armies together. One thing i always do in my dawi games is burn the elf forests to the ground.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Some people hate mashing end-game armies together and I do not understand why.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Archonex posted:

Given all that it's kind of a surprise that they didn't write him in as loving things up even sooner. But yeah. End Times is rear end all around, really. Still pissed off they killed all the characters in the Gotrek and Felix books off for that mess.

Gotrek and Felix are actually getting a new book.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

they just messed them up like every other faction by splitting them off into 12 stupidly named groups and giving them new models that look like orcs cosplaying as space marines. the real problem for me with age of sigmar is i have no idea of the physical geography of the setting. i thought they were all like different elemental planes basically, but apparently you can rampage between them on foot?

Honestly the Orcs look fine. But they have been divided faction wise a bit. (However the faction merge is starting to the happen, Beasts of Chaos were just reunited.) But the normal Orc Infantry for the Ironjawz are just the Black Orcs, they have looked like that for a while. Plus the Models do look pretty cool.

Chance II posted:

I wish I had a better camera/photo setup because I really like how these Orks are turning out but I'm loosing a lot of detail in these pics.

The Age of Sigmar setting has been getting fleshed out with the release of Second Edition. The new Core Book gives a lot of cool setting details and how it works. While I would not call it as interesting as the Old World yet, it is turning into a decent setting itself.
To answer your physical Geography thing. They are like different planes. The only way to rampage between them on foot is through the use of portals that the setting has in abundance. Many cities built there are actually twin cities, built in two separate locations around a portal that connects the two. As logistics are treated as pretty important in the setting gaining control of the portals is primary conflict.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I dunno man, even with a good color scheme and not that bright yellow garbage they chose for some dumbass reason, IMO Ironjaw armor takes the scrap armor aesthetic way too far. That jagged piece of scrap on the left hand, the "backplate"; it looks slapdash to the point of dumb instead of cool.

(Now) Oldschool Black Orcs had drat good armor, sticking true to the chunky and solid aesthetic of plate armor: http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Orc

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Those sigmar orcs look dumb as heck actually

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

Those sigmar orcs look dumb as heck actually

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
They use the yellow on the sigmorks bc GW uses really bright schemes with contrasting details on all their dudes now bc they want their studio models to have very obvious visible details.

Also the sigmorks are fine/waaaay better than the old orcs which look loving awful. Like they look awful even compared to the ancient but current 40k ork boyz. Pull your heads out of your nostalgiasses.

Anyway, human infantry with polearms and some cav? BOOOOOORIIIIIIIING

Just leave Bretonnia an empire clone

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

toasterwarrior posted:

I dunno man, even with a good color scheme and not that bright yellow garbage they chose for some dumbass reason, IMO Ironjaw armor takes the scrap armor aesthetic way too far. That jagged piece of scrap on the left hand, the "backplate"; it looks slapdash to the point of dumb instead of cool.

(Now) Oldschool Black Orcs had drat good armor, sticking true to the chunky and solid aesthetic of plate armor: http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Orc

The Black Orcs are the standard infantry.

They look different cause of the Yellow Color scheme. But they are exact same models.

For a new model type we have the Brutes, I think the models look cool but a different color scheme from the default yellow just makes them look better

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The Ironjaws are literally Black Orcs from old Fantasy, it's the Ironjaw Brutes with the dumbass armor.

^^^: Yeah, sorry, I got confused with the naming convention. Still, Ironjaw Brutes IMO have terrible armor, and that yellow color scheme is loving poo poo.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Black Orcs are the standard infantry.

They look different cause of the Yellow Color scheme. But they are exact same models.

For a new model type we have the Brutes, I think the models look cool but a different color scheme from the default yellow just makes them look better

That yellow is just insanely bad and makes them all look like 40k critters

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

toasterwarrior posted:

The Ironjaws are literally Black Orcs from old Fantasy, it's the Ironjaw Brutes with the dumbass armor.

^^^: Yeah, sorry, I got confused with the naming convention. Still, Ironjaw Brutes IMO have terrible armor, and that color scheme is loving terrible.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

That yellow is just insanely bad and makes them all look like 40k critters

I agree that Yellow Scheme is not great. Luckily they can be given whatever color you want.

But I would still take even Yellow Scheme Ironjawz Warboss over the original Orc Warbosses.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Oct 15, 2018

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the new orcs do look cool when they are not in yellow i am sorry i said they were bad

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'm a hater but like the worst part of the Brutes is that some leg parts have them walking around loving barefoot except with massive shinguards, so it looks stupidly sloppy.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i hate all pauldrons. the larger things on your shoulder are the more i hate you, unless it is a parrot or some other loyal shoulder dwelling creature

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Oct 15, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i hate all pauldrons. the larger things on your shoulder are the more i hate you, unless it is a parrot or some other loyal shoulder dwelling creature

wtf did u just say

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
if u are defeated by a standard width doorway i dont even wanna fuckin see you

e: hating overwrought/nonfunctional fantasy arms and armor is the most lost of all lost causes but i will drag my coffin atop this hill and perish honorably

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 15, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i think wulfrik and all other pauldron-havers just breaks through the doorframe

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1051784068164214784?s=19

Based on the previous roster reveals this will be unwatchably awkward but we'll get some good info afterwards.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiler Kiwi posted:

if u are defeated by a standard width doorway i dont even wanna fuckin see you

e: hating overwrought/nonfunctional fantasy arms and armor is the most lost of all lost causes but i will drag my coffin atop this hill and perish honorably

I’d agree with you but I make exception for an orc strapping a dragon skull to his shoulder

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

John Charity Spring posted:

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1051784068164214784?s=19

Based on the previous roster reveals this will be unwatchably awkward but we'll get some good info afterwards.

Stream is live now and they're actually showing the units off properly so it's worth tuning in. https://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

That bloated corpse unit kind of looks like the big baby things from Nothing But Trouble.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ghost Lady has a metal as hell backstory :black101:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Apparently the Cold Ones got tired of dealing with backseat drivers and took things into their own hands.

Druthu has evolved beyond our mortal constraints and attacks a Rogue Army as a recursive cluster of fractals.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
jesus gently caress that's a huge fuckin' cannon

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Not even free company with pistols for Saltspite? Just guys with axes? I would hope if they don't have them they add them back in, pistols are very piratey and all.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

GoLambo posted:

Not even free company with pistols for Saltspite? Just guys with axes? I would hope if they don't have them they add them back in, pistols are very piratey and all.

Kind of disappointed by this too but it seems like the unit is meant to fill a niche that they don't otherwise have access to, and I guess the zombie gunners can fulfill 'low level gunpowder stuff' well enough whereas they said these are meant to provide early armour-piercing capability.

On the other hand I really love the expanded backstory for Cylostra Direfin, she sounds even better now.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Someone is going to make a full human roster mod for Arnessa, don't you fret!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Is Direfin pronounced like Dire Wolf or like its french?

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

I kinda wish they had just saved Saltspite for a Tilean/DoW DLC, she seems completely out of place, same with that weird unit of Free Company Militia. Other than that though it looks great.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
So did Direfin have that name even while she was just a normal opera singer because there's some extreme nominative determinism happening there

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I find the idea of the only living human unit in a gun heavy faction being melee only very amusing.
"Captain, have... have ye maybe considered giving us the guns and the corpses the axes?"
"Nonsense! Skullcap Dave is a crack shot! Now go charge those Executioner's to keep them away from my zomboys!"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Witch Hunter Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau insists it is purely a coincidence.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is Direfin pronounced like Dire Wolf or like its french?

First one, then the other.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Not one for baggy, loose-fitting power armour this Inquisitor, no siree

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Please do not dox me like this.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Roster's up.
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/curse-of-the-vampire-coast-roster-reveal

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011