Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Need to put forward a motion that it’s not ok to be a ginger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009

JBP posted:

The greens in their station as PHON for lefties should so this.

Go get your head checked. The Greens who have been fighting hard for equal rights for decades are the same as the racist reality-divorced homophobic climate science deniers in PHON, are they? Even more tiresome than your usual tenuous anti-Greens jabs.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
greens are bad

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC/status/1051702533305987072

https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC/status/1051704499771867137

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Here's a (probably stupid and lame) thought I just had:

You know how Australia doesn't have a Raving Monster Looney Party? Surely the current circus in Wentworth is perfect for them. An electorate disillusioned with both sides of parliament. An 'Independant' bland and Tory and milquetoast as gently caress. A popular incumbent deposed in comically stupid and evil circumstances.

Whack on a clown suit, dance for the cameras, make some stupid jokes at the expense of the other fuckwited candidates whilst they plaster on grimaces and try to be good sports. You'd be a shoe in. Or at least make your deposit back, and embarrass a bunch of self-important suits.

I know the Australian stupid splinter tiny parties tend to be "Shooters, Fishers, and Hunters.", or that motorist one that the bloke accidentally made his way into teh senate. Where are our Screaming Lord Such's? Our Lord Buckethead's? A whole bunch of people vote "draw a picture of a cock and balls", so why not try and get those cocks and balls to waste their votes in a funnier and sillier way, (which would actually annoy those in power more than a donkey vote).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Except the Looneys are tories and always have been.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
The Liberal candidate for Wentworth, Dave Sharma, has said “he is open” to relocating Australia’s embassy to Jerusalem as the US has done, in contrast to the official policy of both the Liberals and Labor to leave it in Tel Aviv.

As the battle in the Wentworth byelection enters its final week, the votes of the large Jewish community that lives in Wentworth could be crucial to whether the Liberals hold the seat. There are around 20,000 Jewish people in Wentworth, according to the 2016 census, making up 12.5% of the population.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh god we are getting Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce by the end of the year aren't we?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Oh god we are getting Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce by the end of the year aren't we?

Yes.

:auspol:

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd vote for the barnababy

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

AgentF posted:

Go get your head checked. The Greens who have been fighting hard for equal rights for decades are the same as the racist reality-divorced homophobic climate science deniers in PHON, are they? Even more tiresome than your usual tenuous anti-Greens jabs.

Did you miss the previous page?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here's a (probably stupid and lame) thought I just had:

You know how Australia doesn't have a Raving Monster Looney Party? Surely the current circus in Wentworth is perfect for them. An electorate disillusioned with both sides of parliament. An 'Independant' bland and Tory and milquetoast as gently caress. A popular incumbent deposed in comically stupid and evil circumstances.

Whack on a clown suit, dance for the cameras, make some stupid jokes at the expense of the other fuckwited candidates whilst they plaster on grimaces and try to be good sports. You'd be a shoe in. Or at least make your deposit back, and embarrass a bunch of self-important suits.

I know the Australian stupid splinter tiny parties tend to be "Shooters, Fishers, and Hunters.", or that motorist one that the bloke accidentally made his way into teh senate. Where are our Screaming Lord Such's? Our Lord Buckethead's? A whole bunch of people vote "draw a picture of a cock and balls", so why not try and get those cocks and balls to waste their votes in a funnier and sillier way, (which would actually annoy those in power more than a donkey vote).

I think it's harder in Australia to portray yourself as apolitical due to preferences. Anyone who cares enough about politics to do it would likely be the type to recommend preferences and thus suddenly appear like any other party.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

AgentF posted:

They're the other party hanging out at ten percent popularity and might as well introduce their own dumb motion.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They also hate and fear the chicomms.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

bowmore posted:

Need to put forward a motion that it’s not ok to be a ginger

There's a misconception that gingers don't have souls.

We do, just not a natural one of our own.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Possession is 9/10 of the law

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

incredible flesh posted:

once my neighbours' steers got into my yard because an apple gum branch fell on the fence, they were standing their ground against me and i don't have much experience with cows so i was terrified but i asked ariel for help and he gave me the strength to dominate them, round them up, and herd them home. halfway across our paddock they all suddenly got very excited and frolicked away back to their home with their tails curled up (it's so cute when cows do this) and at that moment a double rainbow broke out overhead. feeling completely blissful and at one with the universe, with the cows and with my ghost husband, i walked back up to the house and only then did i find that someone had broken into our shed and stolen our ride-on lawn mower and both our water pumps, so for the rest of the weekend we were dealing with the police and we couldn't flush the loo. amen

https://twitter.com/JohnBick4/status/1043476189346717696?s=19

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

'This is not #MeToo': barrister says groping cop isn't 'Weinstein'

https://www.theage.com.au/national/nsw/this-is-not-metoo-barrister-says-groping-cop-isn-t-weinstein-20181015-p509ob.html

Putrid Dog
Feb 13, 2012

"God, I wish I was dead!"

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Can't wait to see the LNP talking about how they were the party that made it happen lol

http://www.starobserver.com.au/news/national-news/community-short-memory-liberals-mardi-gras/166876

They tried/are doing that already.
It didn't go down well during the parade. Friends watching on the sidelines said where he was, people either went silent or booed them.
Gay liberals are the worst.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

AgentF posted:

The liberals and labor are both fighting for equality too, I read their posters

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Jesus this first episode of the new Go Back to Where You Came From season is a trainwreck.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Aesculus posted:

Jesus loving christ why do the Greens even exist anymore?

Yes, because writing off what is undoubtedly a movement for good because of a few incidents is definitely the wise and proper thing to do.

aka perfect is the enemy of good.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 15, 2018

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
All political parties have their gently caress ups, just as with any other group. The big difference IMO is when the majors (established status quo) gently caress up everyone sits on their hands as long as the media cycle allows them to, nothing happens most of the time, the public shrugs and blames the machinations of politics rather than the individuals or parties involved.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

bigis posted:

Jesus this first episode of the new Go Back to Where You Came From season is a trainwreck.

I am astonished that you didn't assume this would be the case.

The previews on SBS Viceland were enough to make me violently ill.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What happened? I saw that Spider Everett was on it and was like ummmmmm.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

bigis posted:

I read a blog by a refugee advocate group condemning it but I can’t find it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Libs now claiming voting for a nazi slogan was a mistake, that they meant to vote against the bill but christian porters office told them to vote for it.

I highly doubt this. Nazi fucks.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

drunkill posted:

Libs now claiming voting for a nazi slogan was a mistake, that they meant to vote against the bill but christian porters office told them to vote for it.

I highly doubt this. Nazi fucks.

I buy it because they're throwing the attorney general under the bus

https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1051947208403083264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Those enrolment numbers just made my morning. The feds managed to screw over their entire party with their stupid dogma.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Wow, scummo is gonna move the embassy to Jerusalem. What a turd

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Government 'should have opposed' motion

Mathias Cormann said it was an “administrative failure” which led to government senators voting for the Pauline Hanson motion that it is “okay to be white” and has taken responsibility for it.

He says the government had determined to vote no when the motion first came up in September, but somehow, ended up voting yes, through some sort of “administrative” error.

So the government said no, but the computer said yes. Or something.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

stitching up christian porter huh?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Six million of my people were an administrative error as well.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Mathias Cormann said it was an “administrative failure” which led to government senators voting for the Pauline Hanson motion that it is “okay to be white” and has taken responsibility for it.

He says the government had determined to vote no when the motion first came up in September, but somehow, ended up voting yes, through some sort of “administrative” error.

It's almost a better piece of commentary this way.

So they're saying that the government had previously discussed this, they all knew that voting for it was the wrong thing and would embolden racists, but when push came to shove and they got the order they did it anyway.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 15, 2018

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

norp posted:

Aiding international conflict to try and squeeze a few more votes out of Wentworth. Political cowardice at its finest.

:laffo: "We all agreed to vote no but as soon as Pauline said Heil Hitler we had this compulsion to leap out of our seats and agree!"

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

norp posted:

INterestingly, in Wentworth 12.5% put Jewish as their religion (cite http://quickstats.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2016/quickstat/CED145) - that's half of the religious Jewish population in NSW in the one suburb.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Goffer posted:

INterestingly, in Wentworth 12.5% put Jewish as their religion (cite http://quickstats.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2016/quickstat/CED145) - that's half of the religious Jewish population in NSW in the one suburb.

I know a few Jewish people that put it down despite being non religious as a representation thing, but I'm not sure it's enough to matter statistically.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

As stupid as the LNP is and continues to be, I have absolutely no faith that they voted for an actual alt-right/internet nazi slogan because of stupidity and not because they're just actual crypto-fascists.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Aesculus posted:

As stupid as the LNP is and continues to be, I have absolutely no faith that they voted for an actual alt-right/internet nazi slogan because of stupidity and not because they're just actual fascists.

Yeah, crypto isn't really required when we have concentration camps already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Goffer posted:

Avshalom?

• Locked thread