Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Weedle posted:

Says $100 for me.

Still seems like a great deal. If you need some Joy-Cons you might as well grab Super Mario Party for $20.

Please let this bundle hit Australia, cause I've been thinking about picking up some new Joycons for a while.

DLC Inc posted:

yeah but there's no way Overwatch would come over to Switch. In terms of the work involved I think the devs have said "we already have to update 3 goddamn versions so gently caress a 4th"

Paladins showed, as a proof of concept, that an Overwatch game could function on the Switch.

If there's money to be made Blizzard will port it. Blizzcon is in like 2 1/2 weeks, so if there's any hope of an Overwatch Switch release that will be the time they spring it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Your Computer posted:

That's a hella low effort bundle though.

Laser Etched = Custom Switch these days.

I'd love to see limited editions ala PS4's where they go all out a little bit more.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
The bundle should have included the most obnoxiously colorful Joycons possible, just to mock the people who complained about Diablo 3 not being drab enough back before it was released.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Infinitum posted:

If there's money to be made Blizzard will port it. Blizzcon is in like 2 1/2 weeks, so if there's any hope of an Overwatch Switch release that will be the time they spring it.

People have been guessing/hoping that there's going to be a new Diablo game announced at Blizzcon, so if there is, maybe that will be coming to Switch at the same time as PS4/XB1 (which will at least a couple of years away, if it even exists).

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Robot Hobo posted:

The bundle should have included the most obnoxiously colorful Joycons possible, just to mock the people who complained about Diablo 3 not being drab enough back before it was released.

The Splatoon ones then?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sometimes I watch Nintendolife videos because they are pointing something out or have a bit of news I didn't realize, but dear God their main guy in all their videos is such a loving dork and very hard to look at or listen to.

If he posts here sorry for hurting your feelings.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corpse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo5faKUavIQ

Seen this and the GameXplain review, general unleasing seem to be good gameplay, great looking well produced worlds, with the downside that the core loop could be a bit grindy and repetitive with you doing the same tasks in general to liberate areas of planets so ymmv depending on how much you like doing that kind of thing.

Also both reviewers were surprised by the depth of the strategy elements

That review got me more interested in it than anything before it. The strategy element makes it feel closer to what Star Fox 2 was going for. I'll probably get it someday when I have the elusive combination of money and free time.

Reality Pisser posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1051819990582726658?s=19

Someone was asking for this recently. I'm surprised they bothered.

Remember when console bundles gave you the game for free?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Detective No. 27 posted:

Remember when console bundles gave you the game for free?

Yeah, when it's a four year old console and a three year old game

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

My copy of Super Mario Party finally arrived in the mail. Amazon have been really poo poo with deliveries lately. They better not screw up my Starlink delvery :argh:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Mokinokaro posted:

The Splatoon ones then?

Oh come on they’re awesome. It’s the game that came with them that sucks.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Dark Souls is bad because the devs can't code a pause button a single button press to jump. You know what game had a simple 1 button press to jump?

E: That game also had a pause button

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In dark souls you are the goomba

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

In dark souls you are the goomba

I'm italian im always the goomba.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Leal posted:

Dark Souls is bad because the devs can't code a pause button a single button press to jump. You know what game had a simple 1 button press to jump?

E: That game also had a pause button
One of the big features of the Dark Souls remaster was being able to rebind keys so you could put jump on L3 like god intended.

Having run and jump on the same button was one of the worst things about Dark Souls 1 and something the devs themselves realized by Dark Souls 2.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
DK Winston and Samus D.va alts would make unimaginable amounts of bank

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm italian im always the goomba.

Ohh!

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I'm surprised that no one seems to like switch TWEWY. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't straightup dismiss it as the inferior version.

I actually really like the new battle system, since with the DS I was just mashing the d-pad anyway, but the touchscreen can feel a little imprecise compared to the stylus. This becomes a problem with the fusion card games. Apparently playing co-op by yourself is really fun, and closest to the spirit of the original battle system, but the joycon controls are a chore to get used to.

The biggest issue is that it's 50$. :v: The original is like 28 bucks on ebay. The updated music and graphics are really nice, but I'm not sure it's worth paying double.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

KingSlime posted:

I'll dock your handheld

gently caress I'm obsessed with monster hunter. That's all I've played the last month or so

Yup. Me too. I try other stuff then go right back to GU. The only thing I've had in my cartridge slot since it came out is GU and Mario Party when friends are over.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Oh come on they’re awesome. It’s the game that came with them that sucks.

I never said they weren't. They just happen to be the most garish colors available.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

https://youtu.be/GdNhnsaUCsc

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Finally Breath of the Wild is good

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Sweepstakes not included we need a trip down Nintendos past efforts for special edition consoles

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

Sweepstakes not included we need a trip down Nintendos past efforts for special edition consoles

Holy poo poo that is cool!

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

I came back to the thread after the weekend and was like "OMG 20 more pages!?".

Then I saw that someone mentioned Dark Souls being hard or dumb, so I understand.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Beekeeping and You posted:

I'm surprised that no one seems to like switch TWEWY. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't straightup dismiss it as the inferior version.

I actually really like the new battle system, since with the DS I was just mashing the d-pad anyway, but the touchscreen can feel a little imprecise compared to the stylus. This becomes a problem with the fusion card games. Apparently playing co-op by yourself is really fun, and closest to the spirit of the original battle system, but the joycon controls are a chore to get used to.

The biggest issue is that it's 50$. :v: The original is like 28 bucks on ebay. The updated music and graphics are really nice, but I'm not sure it's worth paying double.

I'm enjoying it! I was initially turned off by it being fully touchscreen in handheld mode but after a few hours I wasn't even aware of it.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

Reality Pisser posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1051819990582726658?s=19

Someone was asking for this recently. I'm surprised they bothered.

The best thing from this trailer is the Switch rising out of the satanic circle. I made two gifs of it, not sure which I like better:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Beekeeping and You posted:

This is what's keeping me away from it. I didn't even pay that much for it on DS not too long after it came out.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

trigger9631 posted:

The best thing from this trailer is the Switch rising out of the satanic circle. I made two gifs of it, not sure which I like better:

Hail Satoru Iwata

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo5faKUavIQ

Seen this and the GameXplain review, general unleasing seem to be good gameplay, great looking well produced worlds, with the downside that the core loop could be a bit grindy and repetitive with you doing the same tasks in general to liberate areas of planets so ymmv depending on how much you like doing that kind of thing.

Also both reviewers were surprised by the depth of the strategy elements

Starlink is looking real good, I probably will get the digital version somewhere down the line. I'm a little turned off by ~20 hours playtime but that's really not especially bad.

edit: Actually that's really not bad at all. My perspective is just kind of thrown off by minecraft, xenoblade, and crosstag.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 15, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

read a starlink review that said you have to fly around enemies three times to scan them and then youll still get missions later to fly around the same enemies three times to scan them and you might even get that same mission multiple times so thats no buys from me

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea, pretty much all reviews said it can be grindy.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Junkie Disease posted:

I’m the gross little alien looking down her cleavage

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Imagine buying a console in a stapled blisterpack

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yea, pretty much all reviews said it can be grindy.

They pretty much all qualify it somehow though. I can withstand a fair amount of grind before going 'okay, yeah, this is too much grind'

I love space shooters. You know Interplay bought back the rights for Descent Freespace from Volition when THQ went under for literally only $7,500? Crazy.

disclaimer: I played Xenoblade 2 for somewhere north of 230 hours and while I don't think I'm too brainfucked I feel like that's probably indicative of a somewhat higher than usual grind tolerance

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 15, 2018

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Imagine buying a console in a stapled blisterpack

I would 1000% buy that thing.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Gonna lick those batterys

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

THE loving MOON posted:

They pretty much all qualify it somehow though. I can withstand a fair amount of grind before going 'okay, yeah, this is too much grind'

Yea, I don't mind grindy games, just depends on what you are actually doing and if it's enjoyable. One of the reviews said it was mass effect mixed with starfox mixed with no mans sky and that has me extremely intrigued...

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I didn't catch it in either of the reviews I saw, but does Starlink have gyro controls on the Switch version? I want to swoop my joycons around and make sounds like an idiot

edit: I guess I can do that anyway, but I want my spaceship to spin in place when i spike my joycons off the ground

edit: I don't know where you're getting bad animations from, it looks really pretty on the Switch from what I've seen, and what reviewers have said

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 15, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yea, I don't mind grindy games, just depends on what you are actually doing and if it's enjoyable. One of the reviews said it was mass effect mixed with starfox mixed with no mans sky and that has me extremely intrigued...

While you take that positively Im getting bad animations, short game, and yet somehow terribly grindy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

trigger9631 posted:

First one is just long enough to chant hail Satan to a couple times.