Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

those gritty memes own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
gritty is a national treasure

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Make comrades of all the capitalists. Forgive them, make them truly love and believe in a system that benefits all, then reward them with a bullet to the back of the head.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It helps that Gritty looks a lot like another Matt Furie character.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

It's got to be loving crazy to be in marketing nowadays. "The random anthropomorphic cartoon I sold you as a mascot has been coopted by an extreme political movement but hey, at least its trending on Twitter!"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/abogadatejana/status/1051869041994809344?s=21

Cool. This is not at all just a way to shrink the pool of available lawyers to help kids and families. Nope, not that at all!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can get behind the gritty craze now that he's antifa.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Terrifying Effigies posted:

It's got to be loving crazy to be in marketing nowadays. "The random anthropomorphic cartoon I sold you as a mascot has been coopted by an extreme political movement but hey, at least its trending on Twitter!"

/implying antifa is an extreme political movement as opposed to the correct response to rising fascism

:chloe:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
How's Matt Furie's lawsuit against Alex Jones going anyway? Hasn't started yet I presume? Edit: April 22, 2019 is the trial date

Also Gritty is going to Milkshake Duck so loving hard.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 15, 2018

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

They need to do a real evaluation of BF% instead of BMI. A guy that’s 6’ 175lbs is overweight by the NIH standard. While I’m sure we have plenty of people that are truly too out of shape to be doing anything physically strenuous. My last NCOIC was 5’5’ 160 with under 10% body fat and would be considered “obese.”

All the cheap methods to estimate %BF are barely better than BMI. I don't think the budget contains enough money for everyone to use a good %BF estimate, like dual energy X-ray absorptiometry, total body potassium 40 counting, neutron activation measurement, or hydrodensitometry.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/abogadatejana/status/1051869041994809344?s=21

Cool. This is not at all just a way to shrink the pool of available lawyers to help kids and families. Nope, not that at all!

While I would never give this administration the benefit of the doubt, this seems pretty standard for anyone who would be doing work with kids- I got fingerprinted and had a background check when I got my teaching credential. Given that there’s been sexual abuse allegations involving separated kids, I think I’m ok (in principal) with their attorneys getting a background check, so long as it doesn’t take like a year to do it and prevents kids/families from access to legal aid while their cases are ongoing.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
if they wanted to rape the kids theyd just get a job with ICE or the private companies holding them like all the other pedos do

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

/implying antifa is an extreme political movement as opposed to the correct response to rising fascism

:chloe:

I had the same guy reaction but I think he was talking about Pepe.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

my kinda ape posted:

How's Matt Furie's lawsuit against Alex Jones going anyway? Hasn't started yet I presume?

Also Gritty is going to Milkshake Duck so loving hard.

We regret to inform you that gritty is from Philadelphia.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

What about body impedance? The four-point rigs / scales that gyms have?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So as it turns out

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1051912600391479298?s=19

It was us but it wasn't us! - Saudi

He tripped and fell into a bone saw repeatedly.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
Some day I'm going to have to explain how Gritty and Pepe factored into the politics of out era and it's going to be rad. A giant embodiment of dirtbag Philly shithead as the counter to a racist cartoon frog is the most 2018 thing I could ever imagine.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

So as it turns out

Hey, you know what? Let he who hasn’t accidentally tortured a dissident journalist to death and then dismembered him and then used diplomatic pouches to spirits his remains out of the country cast the first stone. If you’re against MBS’ brave reform and modernization efforts, you’re clearly a supporter of Iran and the Islamic State.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

So as it turns out

It wasn't us, while admitting it was done by people we hired, but we deny any knowledge of the clandestine activities that we hired these rogue operatives to do.

And even if it was done by the rogue operatives we didn't know we hired, it certainly wasn't intentional.

JUST ADMIT YOU HAD HIM KILLED YOU loving FUCKS.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They don't have to explicitly admit it because it doesn't matter. Like Kavanaugh, it doesn't matter if the powerful did something wrong. What matters is if the power of the people in question is threatened. The message is, "It doesn't matter if we did it or not because nothing will come of it. We win, speech loses, and a man died horribly."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Yeah the Saudis are kinda punking themselves keeping that poo poo behind closed doors, in 1903 the founding editor of The State newspaper was gunned down in broad daylight on a crowded street in Columbia by the sitting lieutenant governor of South Carolina, who went on to win reelection. What's the point of making an example if you're not gonna own it?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

They need to do a real evaluation of BF% instead of BMI. A guy that’s 6’ 175lbs is overweight by the NIH standard. While I’m sure we have plenty of people that are truly too out of shape to be doing anything physically strenuous. My last NCOIC was 5’5’ 160 with under 10% body fat and would be considered “obese.”

Had a guy in Iraq that was this. Weighed over but had the body of a sculpted Greek God. Always had to be taped. It was stupid.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/1051939536605995009?s=19

:chloe: (I think Im using the emote correctly)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Oof, phrasing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

How does anybody say this and think it sounds acceptable? Brain loving worms.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CommieGIR posted:

He wants to watch her piss

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Republicans in Congress think it sounds acceptable, and so do Mr. And Mrs. Dumbfuck GOP Voter. So there.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

So as it turns out

MBS been playing Yakuza 0, I see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8h5YkJh3z8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Trump is just the sideshow.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

Trump is just the sideshow.

Lol I cant think of anything that would make him madder than hearing that

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Paul Allen is dead.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Try getting a table at dorcia now

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

What about body impedance? The four-point rigs / scales that gyms have?

The military should stop applying dumb height and weight measurements to people (my screening weight at 6'5" was 218 lbs) and just make the fitness test a triathlon. You don't see a lot of fatties competing in a triathlon.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If you can pass the test that should be all that matters.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1051940535374700550

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Does... does he think it's a taste test?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

psydude posted:

The military should stop applying dumb height and weight measurements to people (my screening weight at 6'5" was 218 lbs) and just make the fitness test a triathlon. You don't see a lot of fatties competing in a triathlon.

hey fellow 6'5"

i was 250lbs in the army. passed my pt and passed tape every time. just really annoying to get taped every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
bring back decimation: kill bottom 10% PT scores

• Locked thread