Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I told Patrick Klepek he should write an article about wtf happened with this project. He told me that he'd already reached out to the devs and never got a response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's really not mysterious. They used up the kickstarter money and didn't finish the game. Some of them still work on it in a hobby capacity, but if or when it will ever be finished with a few people putting in a few hours a week on it is anyone's guess. They mostly logged off of online because talking about it is extremely embarrassing

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

its coming.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

It's not like Hiveswap or something where the devs actually disappear off the map and don't talk anywhere for ages. Frankie's streams show off a lot of the game and some of the other devs talk there too sometimes. Definitely out of primary money but they're still making progress, and actually making something good (also unlike hiveswap).

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only by voting Danny Bernie in 2020 will we see an end to this national nightmare

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Tales of games updated this week so while everyone is in stealth mode I believe we will see barley

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

charley barley

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Krakox posted:

Tales of games updated this week so while everyone is in stealth mode I believe we will see barley

updated what

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Their resumes. Now that they're done with their amateur kickstarter scam they're hoping to get jobs with Chris Roberts to help finish Star Citizen.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

drat all these posts made me think there was a real update

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

omori got more money and was a much easier game to make and still aint anywhere in sight. leave barkley alone!

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Scarodactyl posted:

It's not like Hiveswap or something where the devs actually disappear off the map and don't talk anywhere for ages. Frankie's streams show off a lot of the game and some of the other devs talk there too sometimes. Definitely out of primary money but they're still making progress, and actually making something good (also unlike hiveswap).

Hiveswap came out tho

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Detective Buttfuck posted:

Hiveswap came out tho
And what a mistake that turned out to be.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Das_Ubermike posted:

Their resumes. Now that they're done with their amateur kickstarter scam they're hoping to get jobs with Chris Roberts to help finish Star Citizen.
Plenty of time to get on that train, but in the meantime Shroud of the Avatar is in need of a CEO.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I don’t even need to go back a few pages to know I’ve probably said this before, but ever since I started following the Star Citizen thread, I get uncomfortable and realize I know something like the sickness of Star Citizen backers. I know on an intellectual level that this project is boned, but the occasional reassurance that Frankie et. al. occasionally do a bit more work on the project in their spare time just fills me with this weird sense of......faith?? that yes, some day, maybe in 2023, the game will finish.

But I know that that’s not true. And part of me just wishes they’d say they failed so that I can close the book on my last backed project from the Geat Video Game Kickstarter Project Bubble of the early 2010s.

But if Barkley 2 does come out, I want there to be a gun that makes the enemy get tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i regret not backing this kickstarter

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

sharrrk posted:

heck, same

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
$15 well spent imo

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

if a few more of you backed it it would have got over the line by now. but also it’s definitely coming out anyway , later.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Also it would have come out by now if a few fewer of us backed it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I don’t even need to go back a few pages to know I’ve probably said this before, but ever since I started following the Star Citizen thread, I get uncomfortable and realize I know something like the sickness of Star Citizen backers. I know on an intellectual level that this project is boned, but the occasional reassurance that Frankie et. al. occasionally do a bit more work on the project in their spare time just fills me with this weird sense of......faith?? that yes, some day, maybe in 2023, the game will finish.

But I know that that’s not true. And part of me just wishes they’d say they failed so that I can close the book on my last backed project from the Geat Video Game Kickstarter Project Bubble of the early 2010s.

But if Barkley 2 does come out, I want there to be a gun that makes the enemy get tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second.

Barkley 2 isn't really similar to Star Citizen because Star Citizen is an outright scam run by someone who was already previously known to be a completely awful project manager

Barkley 2, meanwhile, is pretty much a case of their ambition overshooting what they can actually do, and the devs deciding to just Duke Nukem Forever the game and release it When It's Done instead of scaling back the game's features and scope to get it done quicker.

e: like, we literally know for a fact that work is being done on Barkley 2, it's just going at an incredibly slow pace because it's like 3 dudes trying to make something bonkers-rear end ambitious. it's kind of more similar to Kenshi or Mount & Blade than it is to Star Citizen.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

if that's true then who have I been preordering $3000 body pillows from

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

ToG did not fail. We failed ToG.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I'm giving Frankie 2.50 a month in primebux on twitch, maybe the rest of you scrubs failed them but I'm sure not.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
The only difference between us B2 backers and SC backers is that we don't have a genius outsider artist like adz adama pumping out photoshops that will be examined by art scholars in the coming decades.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

At barkleycon 2019 cboyardee will unveil dilbert 4 to screams of adulation

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Borgnine 2

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

give me BARKLEY or give me DEATH!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

e: like, we literally know for a fact that work is being done on Barkley 2, it's just going at an incredibly slow pace because it's like 3 dudes trying to make something bonkers-rear end ambitious. it's kind of more similar to Kenshi or Mount & Blade than it is to Star Citizen.

i have played and greatly enjoyed both kenshi and mount & blade

i have not played star citizen or the second barkley

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I hope that in Barkley 2 I get to read random posts from this thread whenever I save my game

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

what if they sold more anime body pillows?

would that save the game developmental process

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I hope that in Barkley 2 I get to read random posts from this thread whenever I save my game

Just three thousand more posts until dwarfnet is complete!

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

sharrrk posted:

zinglon's ale
Nov 29, 2004

uh oh

Roobanguy posted:

give me BARKLEY or give me DEATH!!!

:rip:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

that'd be pretty for the win

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
barakaley

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

digimon

digital monsters

digimon are the champions

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Super Rad posted:

The only difference between us B2 backers and SC backers is that we don't have a genius outsider artist like adz adama pumping out photoshops that will be examined by art scholars in the coming decades.

They're all in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope to one day play another RPG videogame that is primarily about basketball