Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CannonFodder posted:

I cut them more like 12 but yeah.

If giant wedges aren't your thing you can cut the potato lengthwise and widthwise and then make wedges.

It's a good recipe.

It sounds crispy and tasty, but I don't know if I'd think of them as "fries". My brain doesn't know what to do with potato chunks bigger than steak fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Potato innards to crisp ratio is way off on steak fries imo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fallom posted:

:hmmyes:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fallom posted:

And there’s always a few bigger ones with a rawer inside.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

prefect posted:

It sounds crispy and tasty, but I don't know if I'd think of them as "fries". My brain doesn't know what to do with potato chunks bigger than steak fries.

They're called "jo-jos" and they're good.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Dutch cuisine has already perfected the french fry - somewhat slender in shape, fried in oil and salted and covered in mayo. He who promotes any other style is a french fry Judas.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Shibawanko posted:

Dutch cuisine has already perfected the french fry - somewhat slender in shape, fried in oil and salted and covered in mayo. He who promotes any other style is a french fry Judas.

This actually gave me an idea. You know how you can make grilled cheese with mayo?

Gonna do some potato-mayo-toppings Frankenstein style poo poo.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ugly In The Morning posted:

And there�s always a few bigger ones with a rawer inside.

Not if you double fry them, which is pretty common with steak fries.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shibawanko posted:

and covered in mayo.

I'm sorry but as someone who doesn't weigh 800 lbs I'm going to go ahead and avoid anything that be described with this phrase.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I used to think fries were a foregone conclusion that had been mastered for years and then I discovered a Chip Buttie and was like OH MY GOD french fries are merely the paint on the canvas that is cuisine, the sky is the limit

Chickenwalker posted:

Not if you double fry them, which is pretty common with steak fries the only correct way to prepare them.

FTFY

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

I'm sorry but as someone who doesn't weigh 800 lbs I'm going to go ahead and avoid anything that be described with this phrase.

Mayo is just eggs and oil, that's basically just protein

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Deathlove posted:

Mayo is just eggs and oil, that's basically just protein

And fat. Oil is fat.

Unrelated, can someone link to the comic where Beef describes the label for a new hot sauce?

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Who What Now posted:

And fat. Oil is fat.

Unrelated, can someone link to the comic where Beef describes the label for a new hot sauce?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Sweet, that's the exact panel I needed!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Who What Now posted:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07072006

Retrieved via search for "Yard Dancer"

E:f;b

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Dutch mayo is different, way less sugar. I am not a man of gravity.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I didn't understand the American hatred of mayo until I visited America and found that creamy coleslaw was sweet

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's almost impossible to find a good bottled tartar sauce as well, most brands out there are sweet as hell. The only one I've found locally worth half a drat is called Beaver Brand Tartar Sauce.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

You can't bugger a child online, not even with Flash.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Cyberdildonic it? Only a buck.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I do want to talk to that guy on the off chance he's got the contact lenses from They Live.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Deathlove posted:

Cyberdildonic it? Only a buck.

Listen, I don't have any moolah on me. Want a pair of strip eyes?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

what steams my dang beans about that is that children have been sexually abused online for decades, it doesn't require magical dildo drones or telepathy so much as a pedophile with free time and a skill for grooming

but no that's not fantasyland enough, better focus insane amounts of energy on pederast tech sorcerers

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

NoneMoreNegative posted:

They can call me crazy, but they can't call me guilty! Not with millions of hands on the blade!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

They can call me crazy, but they can't call me guilty! Not with millions of hands on the blade!

THAT WIZARD / HE ATE IT / HE ATE THAT COELACANTH.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't find it through Oh No Robot, so I suspect it might have appeared either in the blogs or perhaps some of the extra material Onstad put into the Dark Horse hardcovers (:rip:) - there's a great bit between Ray, Roast Beef and Teodor(?) where they get to discussing who makes the best fries and end up going to McDonalds and driving through the drivethrough multiple times waiting for them to use up their fries and make a fresh batch.

It's... wonderful :allears:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Doctor Kisses died for your sins.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Jerusalem posted:

I can't find it through Oh No Robot, so I suspect it might have appeared either in the blogs or perhaps some of the extra material Onstad put into the Dark Horse hardcovers (:rip:) - there's a great bit between Ray, Roast Beef and Teodor(?) where they get to discussing who makes the best fries and end up going to McDonalds and driving through the drivethrough multiple times waiting for them to use up their fries and make a fresh batch.

It's... wonderful :allears:

I believe that may be the case. I can check my copies when I get home- would you like me to upload a picture or something?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The strip where those 3 go to Taco Bell is great, too

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The strip where those 3 go to Taco Bell is great, too

Your kidneys probably look like a fast-forwarded little video of two accordions

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The bear's blog will not save America.

(I had never seen that, it rules)

[Jazz up this post]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

projecthalaxy posted:

The bear's blog will not save America.

(I had never seen that, it rules)

[Jazz up this post]

"Jazz hose" makes me laugh every time.

(Not related to these particular comics; just connected by the word "jazz".)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In earnest, while I will always love Air Wolf, the arc where they balance an egg on their weird underpants to achieve enlightenment still causes spontaneous fits in me, and Teodor’s line about all his plans being invalid because he made them in a previous life with different ethos is one of the top 3 panels in the strip.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just Offscreen posted:

I believe that may be the case. I can check my copies when I get home- would you like me to upload a picture or something?

I have the books (ALL the books, because he's not making any more :sigh:) but I know if I open one up to look for it I'm gonna end up spending the day re-reading the entire thing again. :)

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
My buddy got married yesterday, a low-key affair at the courthouse with dinner afterwards.

I was informed today that I was not asked to say a few words specifically out of fear that I would immediately launch into the “a crazy man with a long penis” speech.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i mean that was probably one of a few reasons

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"Today you are getting married but before you know it your daughter will drive a car to college and marry a man named Clue Bucket"

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I do not miss the future.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
No Context Achewood posted the Double Music panel the other day and I can confidently say that The Todd Show is one of the three best, seated comfortably behind the Toilet Party and Goth Lil Nephew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I just bought the "Worst Song, played on Ugliest guitar" hardback off ebay.