Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I legit have no idea what any of y'all are talking about :psyduck:

that never stopped your from posting before :xd:

anyway i think its
accidental manslaughter => bob saget prize => local prize => adults wake up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I legit have no idea what any of y'all are talking about :psyduck:

It's based on a bit Gilbert Gottfried did during the 2008 Comedy Central roast of Bob Saget where he repeatedly asked the audience to not believe the rumour that Bob raped and killed a girl in 1990. The internet grabbed onto the soundbite and memed the gently caress out of it.

Bob Saget also used to host Funniest Home Videos where the first prize was ten thousand dollars.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Ah, okay, thank you. I knew about the hosting bit, used to watch it every morning while getting ready for school, just, the rumors were what was throwing me off.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ah, okay, thank you. I knew about the hosting bit, used to watch it every morning while getting ready for school, just, the rumors were what was throwing me off.

Bob Saget has a clean persona as host of AFHV and starring in Full House, but among fellow comedians he's considered one of the raunchiest.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CannonFodder posted:

Bob Saget has a clean persona as host of AFHV and starring in Full House, but among fellow comedians he's considered one of the raunchiest.

The best thing is when somebody who only knows him for that stuff watches one of his bits for the first time.

That or "I used to suck dick for coke. That's addiction, man."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The best part of the meme was that it started spreading to other celebrities and when someone created the website GlennBeckRapedAndMurderedAYoungGirlIn1990.com the dumb oval office Streisanded the situation by lawyering up and taking the case to the UN's World Intellectual Property Organization agency. The WIPO agreed with the website creators that it was a legitimate political statement via parody and told Beck to go kick rocks. :v:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CannonFodder posted:

I feel something about being able to switch tone is a sign of being a good comedian.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel something about being able to switch tone is a sign of being a good comedian.

I remember watching in the 90s in Denmark and I had no idea about his darker side (I don't think I even knew about Full House tbh), the funny part was his apologetic look every time he made a "joke". he really did not hide how much it was only for the money

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

incredible flesh posted:

dad also got institutionalised once in the 70s for attacking someone in line at the post office, but that wasn't because he's autistic, it's because someone left a suitcase full of speed in his apartment and then disappeared (he never saw them again) and he had no choice but to take it in heroic doses until the inevitable happened. this is the type of autism story that is rarely told.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

loquacius posted:

MY SCHOOL COUNSELOR WIFE is pretty vocal about the idea that social media has actually made us more isolated since we're on the subject

Pick posted:

jesus christ so that's how she can put up with you

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Bloop posted:

I've lived in three corners of the US and have never had cheese curds for whatever reason.

I really can't picture what they are like. My brain says they are wet, soft, and squeak. Can anyone confirm?

Iron Crowned posted:

You're thinking of mice

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They still haven't found the body of the third Olsen sibling though.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

syscall girl posted:

Of course not, there's only one Olsen twin who moves at near-light speed to make it look as though there are two.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

syscall girl posted:

I thought she was in the avengers?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

SiKboy posted:

I thought she was in the avengers?

No that was the one of the twins that came back in time from the 2030s.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Of course not, there's only one Olsen twin who moves at near-light speed to make it look as though there are two.

Oh, like Eobard Thawne.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh, like Eobard Thawne.
Oh, I'm not like Mary Kate at all. Some might say... I'm the reverse.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Katey Mare!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

John Lee posted:

Katey Mare!

Neigh!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My Little Pony really went off the rails.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, I'm not like Mary Kate at all. Some might say... I'm the reverse.

:flashfact:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm saving this one for later.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I don’t know where you got the idea that Yoshi is involved in their separation. The idea that him and Princess Mario could even do that.. let alone conceive? Also, comic 17 doesn’t include any mention, which should be evidence enough that you’re wrong. I recall that she’s still driving in Mario Kart 8 so I don’t think they’d write her into that if she was pregnant.

Edit: whoops sorry wrong thread

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
There's either no right thread or no wrong thread for that.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There is absolutely a right thread, and this is it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

RandomFerret posted:

There is absolutely a right thread, and this is it

Well that goes without saying

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

empty sea posted:

You think that's weird?

I never mentioned the goose, which despite her being a huge rear end in a top hat bitch, still required me to chase her down and corner and then carry her while flapping and honking into the nighttime shelter every night. We had a gander, but he died after about a year. Both of their favorite activities were rushing me, then grabbing my jeans at ankle height to twist and jerk as hard as they could. I'm sure that would've hurt like hell if it were my skin instead of jeans.

One day the goose got killed by ~something~ and then one of the horses decided to pick her up by her rigor-stiff wing and then toss her about like a cold, feathery and rigid party-favor until we could rescue her body for a proper burial.

Between this and the chickens, the ducks were very sensible and flew off ASAP to only been seen twice again. I fed the wild lady ducks some grain while they stared uncomprehendingly at my male ducks that were chill with a human at like 5 feet away because grain = good, gently caress the wild.

Also my dad thought it would be awesome if we had guinea hens. They were very good guard birds since they would alert at any noise or movement out of the ordinary, basically on par with the geese, also they love eating ticks. If you've never had geese, then you wouldn't know that they are basically like guard dogs and will honk wildly when something in the environment changes slightly. My dad got tired of the guineas after 2 years and sat around a few mornings until he shot them all.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Huh. Of all the possible threads, I would not have guessed that one.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RandomFerret posted:

Chun Li is supposed to be an Interpol agent. Pulling a gun on somebody would be the first professional thing she's ever done in the history of the series

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

waah posted:

Hay guys. We lost 10% of our F-22 fleet to a hurricane. Say bye bye to $7.5 billion.

https://taskandpurpose.com/tyndall-f-22-destroyed-hurricane-michael/

Mel Mudkiper posted:

US military, currently sitting 1-3 in last four wars against guerillas, decides the problem is that the planes are just not expensive enough

Spoeank posted:

It will never not be funny to me that we spent $1.5T on a plane that has the same weakness as the Wicked Witch of the West

pubic works project posted:

if a goddamn plane costs like 1.5T then it needs to transform into a giant robot like fuckin Starscream.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

medicare for all is too expensive says government that just lost 7.5 billion dollars because they made planes that can't fly without half a day of repairs each time they take off

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Mercilessly dunking on boondoggle fighter jet programs" is my favorite subgenre of goon humor.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

"Mercilessly dunking on boondoggle fighter jet programs" is my favorite subgenre of goon humor.

There were more really good ones but I couldn't quote that much by phone

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

When one of only four state-of-the-art F-35 simulators in existence was shipped to Denmark for an airforce event, it was praised for its unparallelled realism (it spontaneously caught fire and was totally destroyed).

We bought 27 of those things.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is there an active F35 thread?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

Is there an active F35 thread?

It caught on fire and exploded.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Nurge posted:

Poor F-35, thought of rain and Itcaught on fire and exploded.

FTFY

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

For whatever it's worth, they fixed the raptor's stealth coating coming off in the rain, and the computer crashing when it crosses the international dateline, and the ventilation system trying to kill the pilot.

And after all that bullshit the program is still cheaper than the joint strike fighter.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But we still have F-16's which are way cooler and sometimes have scary mouths painted on them. All our planes should have scary mouths painted on them.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

But we still have F-16's which are way cooler and sometimes have scary mouths painted on them. All our planes should have scary mouths painted on them.

Alternatively, it could have Kirk Johnson’s hands (with the ring, of course)

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Did we ever really need to move past the DeHavilland Vampire? I remain unconvinced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Breetai posted:

Does it end with your Aunt being heavily degraded on the VHS tape?

Well his uncle pulled the sword out...then put it back...then repeated several times...

So yes?