Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
If they're ruled out you can sometimes move them to IR to clear space, depending on the settings for your league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

kiimo posted:

A worthless player that is playing tonight, though.

Geronimo Allison is on my bench and he's been ruled out. I believe in him too much to drop him for a TE though.

Not on Yahoo. You can still drop bench players who have played for someone fresh I believe.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah this is what happens with ESPN...

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

kiimo posted:

A worthless player that is playing tonight, though.

Geronimo Allison is on my bench and he's been ruled out. I believe in him too much to drop him for a TE though.

On Yahoo and NFL.com you can drop anyone from your bench even if their game has already been played

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I would drop Allison if Celek could be the difference between a win and a loss. Otherwise stand pat

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Looks like Kittle and Breida are expected to play tonight according to Schefter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

I would drop Allison if Celek could be the difference between a win and a loss. Otherwise stand pat

You tell me if this is the case.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

kiimo posted:

You tell me if this is the case.

I think you'd likely be fine with just Rodgers and the Packers D but that's a tough one. Hopefully Kittle just plays.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
gently caress me, I have both Breida and Morris...which is the better play now, or are they both hosed?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Would you guys trade Tevin Coleman for John Brown or Crabtree?

Got approached by the Freeman owner offering one of them, even with Freeman constantly out, i'm not sure i wanna keep starting Coleman as he's almost cost me a couple of wins by putting up lame scores when i started him and him getting throughly outscored by RB's on my bench.

1 PPR we start 2RB/2WR/FLEX

RBs are Saquon Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Alex Collins, Tevin Coleman, Corey Clement, and Nyheim Hines
WRs are Hopkins, Thielen, Brandin Cooks, and Sanu.

Most weeks i'm starting Hopkins, Thielen, and Cooks at flex. Sanu is my only bench WR and he just got hurt, so i'd like to get some more depth there possibly.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is anyone here using Sleeper? How is it? ESPN sucks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sleeper is great for injury news.

40m ago it said Breida Garcon and Kittle all expected to play tonight.

If I didn't have it I might have dropped Allison.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Kupp sprained his MCL.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m trying to get Josh Gordon in my dynasty league. His salary is $2 (out of $250), what is a fair offer for him? I offered a 2nd round pick, but the owner said he wouldn’t let him go for anything less than a 1st. Is that too much? I have two 2019 1sts this year so I can swing it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I’m trying to get Josh Gordon in my dynasty league. His salary is $2 (out of $250), what is a fair offer for him? I offered a 2nd round pick, but the owner said he wouldn’t let him go for anything less than a 1st. Is that too much? I have two 2019 1sts this year so I can swing it.

That sounds like too much. I think a 2nd is fair. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd or 4th.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

DeepDickPizza posted:

Good lord. I'm amazed that I'm hangin' tough in the league where my first two picks were Bell and Freeman. What a mess.

I almost wish I got Bell over DJ since I would have for sure drafted Conner and would be more confident with my team. In fact wish I drafted anybody that went 1st round in my DJ league except for Lenny lol.

freeman fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 15, 2018

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

What are rookie salaries? Where are those 1sts projected? Can you use then on FA vets cut due to salary? I think you missed the boat on getting him for a 2nd, could've done that right when he left Cleveland or before he'd stepped on the field for New England maybe. He's almost certainly still a good value if the cost is a late 1st rookie only pick, especially since the salary must if anything be a little higher. Next year's class is supposed to be a bit weak anyway.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

kiimo posted:

Chris Godwin has been lighting up owners' benches all season.

I actually did play him in weeks 3 and 4 but then this weekend I got drunk and traded Godwin + Dion Lewis for TY Hilton :shrug:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

sourdough posted:

Next year's class is supposed to be a bit weak anyway.

Might not be if he's in an IDP league

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I started Godwin this week. If TY doesn't come back next week I might flex him.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Kittle is active, so my Garret Celek add was moot. All is well!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dkj posted:

Might not be if he's in an IDP league

Even in fairly deep IDP leagues, I think you shouldn't value them too highly year to year. Better to sell studs and scoop up players that emerge in the off season or early in the year. So many top guys are available for free even in leagues with 3-4 starters at each position.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

What are rookie salaries? Where are those 1sts projected? Can you use then on FA vets cut due to salary? I think you missed the boat on getting him for a 2nd, could've done that right when he left Cleveland or before he'd stepped on the field for New England maybe. He's almost certainly still a good value if the cost is a late 1st rookie only pick, especially since the salary must if anything be a little higher. Next year's class is supposed to be a bit weak anyway.

Rookie salaries range from $18-$13 in the first round, I have one 1st that should be a lottery pick and another that should be #7-10. Yes you can use them on cut FA’s.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

when everyone shows up and a plan comes together... scored my highest point total of the season so far, without Kamara..

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alfred Morris.

My lone running back.

I'm down by two points.

Zero at half

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Seriously they fuckin hate Alf, huh?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
who the gently caress is Raheem Mostert

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Poque posted:

who the gently caress is Raheem Mostert

Not Alfred Morris, apparently.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

General Message to that guy who keeps sending me lovely trade proposals:

i'm aware that I'm sitting at the bottom of our league, which may make you make some assumptions about my general ability

but why in gently caress's name would i trade a top 5 RB and a top 5 WR and a top 10 TE for Gronk and three garbage dudes? Even the Yahoo trade evaluator shows that it's clearly hilariously lopsided in your favor.

(the kicker: when I proposed a reasonable trade, my Brown/McCaffery for his Gurley/AJ Green, he responded with something just as garbage, so I responded with a terrible trade proposal of my own and told him politely to gently caress off)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Who's ready for a million waiver claims for the Colts defense

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Rookie salaries range from $18-$13 in the first round, I have one 1st that should be a lottery pick and another that should be #7-10. Yes you can use them on cut FA’s.

I'd probably still consider it, but being able to use it on FAs makes those 1sts much more valuable than I'm used to. I guess I'd pass if you estimate there'll be a couple stud FAs that get cut, since that'll mean you'll get them way below market value, right?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

What happened? They’re getting snapped up on Yahoo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Keith Atherton posted:

What happened? They’re getting snapped up on Yahoo

They play Nathan Peterman this week

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DC Murderverse posted:

General Message to that guy who keeps sending me lovely trade proposals:

i'm aware that I'm sitting at the bottom of our league, which may make you make some assumptions about my general ability

but why in gently caress's name would i trade a top 5 RB and a top 5 WR and a top 10 TE for Gronk and three garbage dudes? Even the Yahoo trade evaluator shows that it's clearly hilariously lopsided in your favor.

I was in a league where the GM and the bottom of the league guy tried this. I got kicked out for calling out their collusion horseshit and the league voted down the trade.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

sourdough posted:

They play Nathan Peterman this week

Man I've already burned through 1/3 of my season's roster move budget and need to add a kicker since Matt Bryant is out

Guess Im sticking with the Jets defense

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would go with Winston. My general philosophy is to focus on upside because projections are bullshit.

Did this and it worked out really well.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Poque posted:

So dumb story

Back in 2013 in my main league I was in the first round of the playoffs (week 15) and I'm up by 2.6, and Justin Tucker goes and kicks a 61 yard field goal to beat both the Lions and me (which was appropriate as I was starting both Stafford and Megatron that game). "gently caress Justin Tucker" becomes a general motto.

I haven't been back to the playoffs since.

I didn't face off against Justin Tucker in 2014, but I lost my matchups against him in 2015, 2016, and 2017. This week I was against him and was in a 40 point hole after Saquon and Clement tore it up on Thursday and just wrote off the week as yet another stop on the Justin Tucker Express Train to the Fucktomb. But somehow I won, for my first victory of the season in that league, and I feel way more relief than any human should from fantasy sports. HE IS FINALLY DEAD AND I AM FREE.

sup Knocked Out of the 2013 Playoffs Because Justin Tucker Outscored Megatron buddy.

I got my revenge game against him last year in the playoffs, but I played against him on the only undefeated team in one of my leagues this week, and it was great to see him only dribble in 3 xps while Matt Bryant sacrificed what's left of his career to put in a 50+ yarder, helping me win.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

walruscat posted:

Did this and it worked out really well.

Cheers. He's facing the Browns this week, tempted to keep going with him despite the modest step up in defensive talent.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

shirts and skins posted:

lol yes please

Also, in my one league where I've been cruising, I got beat by two points after loving Davante Adams went nuclear tonight. Still in fine shape, but a 5-1 second place and 4-2 fourth place are worlds apart at this point in the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Football Outsider's top 5 quarterback performances from this past weekend are Osweiler, Matty Ice, Trubs, Jameis, and Darnold.

Just like we all thought.