Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The answer is murder your competition and hold the balance of supply and demand in your sweaty fist.

Page snipe, but it could relate to most of this thread, so pretend I'm taking about sex or salami or hentai or something fun like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I'm legit angry that Australia beat the USA to inventing this.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Xand_Man posted:

australia is the florida of commonwealth states

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Former DILF posted:

There's a little bit of the worst parts of California and... Nevada? there as well.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Wherever in the US you get eaten by a shark + wherever in the US you get eaten by a crocodile.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

megalodong posted:

Capitalism will never resolve its greatest contradiction - that the producers are also the consumers, and the capitalist desires to pay them as little as possible in one hand, and charge as much as possible in the other.

You can't shift the producers elsewhere (say a sweatshop in India), because then you end up with your consumers having no money instead of merely little money.

You can't make production more efficient, because then you just end up with a surplus that never gets bought. Your producers still get the same amount of money, how are they going to buy more of what they make?

But consumption must continue, so instead we just see the rise and rise of consumer debt.
With fiat currency, you can in theory create money indefinitely to give to consumers to then buy what is produced while keeping capitalists at the top of the hierarchy. This is why some capitalists push universal basic income. The only question is are capitalists smart enough to do this or are they as stupid as depicted:

Currently they are more on the stupid side.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

StashAugustine posted:

Tbh I'd probably make any hypothetical kids do service work to instill a healthy respect for the proletariat

All children must serve a term as sewer inspectors to properly condition their minds for the future ahead

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

StashAugustine posted:

Tbh I'd probably make any hypothetical kids do service work to instill a healthy respect for the proletariat

You mean "instill a healthy hate for all humanity", surely?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Former DILF posted:

I know it's fun to make fun of Florida and all that but keep in mind we have a massive, oppressed minority population that the entire "florida man" thing sort of erases from existence or trivializes. Oh it's just that wacky florida man, not symptoms of systemic failures in governance, almost nonexistent public services and disenfranchisement of a huge chunk of the population to make sure everything stays that way.

(Not that your post was particularly bad or anything it's just something I've been thinking about lately that you gave me an excuse to whine about :v:)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shame Boy posted:

I know it's fun to make fun of Florida and all that but keep in mind we have a massive, oppressed minority population

How is that different from Australia again?

Also, Australia has its own Florida, Gold Coast. It's Florida squared.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

How is that different from Australia again?

Also, Australia has its own Florida, Gold Coast. It's Florida squared.

Yeah like I said I was talking more in general and just used that post as an excuse to whine :shrug:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Xand_Man posted:

In the US they’re exploding tannerite for gender reveals and a loving ICE pig fessed up to starting a wildfire that way

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i read in a left-to-right script, a right-to-left script, and even took a class in a boustrophedon script which i forgot entirely, but i've never seen a left-to-right-for-the-first-two-thirds-and-then-right-to-left-script

(i guess it's a boustrophedon with idiosyncratic line lengths)

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i read in a left-to-right script, a right-to-left script, and even took a class in a boustrophedon script which i forgot entirely, but i've never seen a left-to-right-for-the-first-two-thirds-and-then-right-to-left-script

(i guess it's a boustrophedon with idiosyncratic line lengths)

Wasn't that in Jurassic Park 2?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I was vaguely aware of this but never really looked this up before and now I'm mad everything doesn't do that because it saves my eyes a full sweep across the page on every line

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Shame Boy posted:

I was vaguely aware of this but never really looked this up before and now I'm mad everything doesn't do that because it saves my eyes a full sweep across the page on every line

do you really want to have to
wonk uoy drow yreve nraeler

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somehow the way they arrange it on the example picture makes my brain hurt

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Here's a capitalism.png:

Stranded Ryanair crew sleeping on the floor because management wouldn't get them a hotel.

quote:

15 October 2018

On Saturday night, Ryanair ops couldn’t immediately provide accommodation for the stranded crews as – according to Ryanair COO Peter Bellew – all hotels in Malaga were completely booked.

The crew – already at odds with their management – was forced to sleep on the crew room floor and decided to take a picture. Peter Bellew tweeted that the crew didn’t spend the entire night on that floor but was offered an access to the VIP lounge of Malaga airport: “The storm created huge damage in Portugal. Later after this the crew moved to VIP lounge. Apologies to the crew we could not find accommodation”.

But that information is not true as Alex Macheras discovered: “I’ve spoken to the ‘SALA VIP’ lounge at Malaga Airport, the only lounge in the terminal, who confirmed no crew from any airline entered the lounge, and not only described it as “against lounge policy” but added “it’s also impossible, as our lounge closes at 23:00 each night, and this was the case on the night of flight disruption caused by the storms”.

“There are at least 400 hotels in and around the main city of Malaga, City, with a further 1,500 properties within 20 kilometres of the airport. Furthermore, it’s low-season in Southern Spain, and most hotel occupancy rates are at 50% (half-empty) as is normal for this time of year. Hence the statement of Peter Bellew is simply not the truth, nor the reality in Malaga“, Alex Macheras commented.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
That’s Ryanair the low cost airline. They treat their customers like cattle and their employees no better. But you can fly internationally with them for cheaper than a regional bus ticket. And apparently is a good way to get your foot in the door of the flight industry.

Apparently what happened was the affiliates hotels were full and Ryanair were too cheap to pay for non-affiliated hotel.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey remember when that sully guy landed that plane on the hudson river and everyone called him a hero and they made a tom hanks movie about him then he went on to put the spotlight on labor issues in the airlines industry and was promptly never heard from again

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

hey remember when that sully guy landed that plane on the hudson river and everyone called him a hero and they made a tom hanks movie about him then he went on to put the spotlight on labor issues in the airlines industry and was promptly never heard from again

what are you talking about Tom Hanks has several movie projects coming up

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/capt-sullenberger-stop-cutting-pilot-pay-or-next-time-plane-will-crash-in-river-2009-2

quote:

Hero pilot Capt. "Sully" Sullenberger, who landed the US Airways airbus on the Hudson, has a tough message for Congress: Pilots are getting so shafted by their employers that the good ones are leaving to do something else.

The reduced compensation has placed "pilots and their families in an untenable financial situation," Sullenberger said. "I do not know a single, professional airline pilot who wants his or her children to follow in their footsteps."...

Sullenberger's copilot Jeffrey B. Skiles said unless federal laws are revised to improve labor-management relations "experienced crews in the cockpit will be a thing of the past." And Sullenberger added that without experienced pilots "we will see negative consequences to the flying public."

Sullenberger himself has started a consulting business to help make ends meet. Skiles added, "For the last six years, I have worked seven days a week between my two jobs just to maintain a middle class standard of living."

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

do you really want to have to
wonk uoy drow yreve nraeler

I don't know, wikipedia's example where they reverse the letters too made it easy enough. Like I didn't read it quite as fast but it's literally the first time I've tried and it didn't seem particularly difficult. Maybe I'm just weird :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zegermans posted:

shut the gently caress up zegermans

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WampaLord posted:

shut the gently caress up zegermans

No, he's right. There's Toy Story 4, and at least two more movies with him in 2019.

Paladinus has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Oct 15, 2018

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

No, he's right. There's Toy Story 4, and at least to more movies with him in 2019.

he's trying to distract from an actual issue with a dumb snipe/joke about bad grammar and it's the most :rolleyes: annoying loving poo poo

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
gettin mad bout jokes itt

feller
Jul 5, 2006

WampaLord posted:

he's trying to distract from an actual issue with a dumb snipe/joke about bad grammar and it's the most :rolleyes: annoying loving poo poo

take ur meds

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
you can talk about serious things but also make jokes sometimes too

some might struggle with the funny joke part but its not that hard

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Is there a guillotine for just someone's hands?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

mycomancy posted:

Is there a guillotine for just someone's hands?

He's not a guitarist

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
repost but my mood:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I hope his mixes are better than his stage name

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Couldn't the pilots just join a union? I'm sure all pilots threatening a strike to ground all flights will get the capitalists to pay attention to their woes.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

qkkl posted:

Couldn't the pilots just join a union? I'm sure all pilots threatening a strike to ground all flights will get the capitalists to pay attention to their woes.

Yes, they should, but organizing a union is hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

qkkl posted:

I'm sure that would end well for them https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Air_Traffic_Controllers_Organization_(1968)