Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm surprised they paired pink with their toxicly masculine yet juvenile product.

I welcome the ongoing devaluation of the phrase "toxic masculinity" and the word "toxic" in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pham Nuwen posted:

You can't call it a granola bar if there's no actual granola in it, friendo.

I wonder if I offer him a granola bar next time I see him, if he'll just go into a complete PTSD meltdown.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm surprised they paired pink with their toxicly masculine yet juvenile product.

That’s just the colour of their “Man Cave.”

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Meanwhile in the Cursed Images thread
I was eye-rolling at the insecurity of it all, but still OK with it, and then I saw the root beer. Still would, if somebody else was paying for it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Picnic Princess posted:

Pink was a MANLY COLOR in the old days, because it's a shade of red. They're just taking it back, BRO.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Iron Crowned posted:

Meanwhile in the Cursed Images thread
more like bratWORST

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

more like bratWORST

Somebody in the cursed images thread bought them and apparently they weren't bad?

Give me regular brats instead, though. If I want sugar-flavored sausage I'll get the pineapple and bacon chicken sausages from Costco again; they weren't extruded from anyone's man-cave, but they still tasted pretty decent with some chopped raw onions and mustard (what doesn't? [answer: my man-cave])

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Lol it's unglazed. What a ripoff, having half your margarita get sucked up by the clay. Stupid jerk-rear end mug.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Scathach posted:

Lol it's unglazed. What a ripoff, having half your margarita get sucked up by the clay. Stupid jerk-rear end mug.

I think your lips will get stuck to the clay, too.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

That's just because the lighting is bad, and her skin all looks the shade. Bump up the color contrast a little and

I lost track of which thread I was in. When I saw her I wondered what she had to do with the murder and dismemberment of a journalist, but I didn't doubt that she'd taken part in it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

it makes sense to combine male anxiety marketing and guy fieri food combos but omg can you please just not do that

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

I lost track of which thread I was in. When I saw her I wondered what she had to do with the murder and dismemberment of a journalist, but I didn't doubt that she'd taken part in it.

It’s definitely a face that is saying “let the festivities begin!” While looking on you from behind a bullet proof dome

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Yeah that too. Also the unglazed stuff is always a bit rough...never feels great on the mouth. Ick. Like nails on a chalkboard but a chalkboard made out of sandstone.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pham Nuwen posted:

Time to bust out the crazy straws

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Bloop posted:

Time to bust out the crazy straws

Straws are murder!!!

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

The root beer sausages remind of a product I witnessed in Japan many years ago. Strawberry Milk Flavored Fish Hot Dogs.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Straws are murder!!!

Fine, earthenware straws

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mushika posted:

The root beer sausages remind of a product I witnessed in Japan many years ago. Strawberry Milk Flavored Fish Hot Dogs.

OK, I'll allow ketchup to be used on that hot dog.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

OK, I'll allow ketchup to be used on that hot dog.

At that point you just say gently caress it and hope death comes quick

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pham Nuwen posted:

I welcome the ongoing devaluation of the phrase "toxic masculinity" and the word "toxic" in general

I'm not sure I grok this post

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Scathach posted:

I bet that mug is lit af though

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Tashilicious posted:

I'm not sure I grok this post

I think they're suggesting "toxic masculinity" is overused and are quite wrong in general but are right in that that specific product is not a good example of toxic masculinity.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

fanny cradock had a great tv presence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O5WDPSpI1A

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

I think they're suggesting "toxic masculinity" is overused and are quite wrong in general but are right in that that specific product is not a good example of toxic masculinity.

Yeah it’s just a goofy product focused at college kids who can’t cook and want to be burly tattooed hipster guys it’s not like axe body spray which is literally “our product will force women to gently caress you”

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
There's a cafe near me that has 'avocado granola' on the menu and I can't imagine what this would be.

Granola with avocado chunks? Half an avocado with granola where the stone used to be? Avocado blended to a guacamole-like consistency and granola poured in?

All of these are horrifying possibilities.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This is loving terrifying. It’s like something that would be on a TV in one of the Texas chainsaw massacre movies. How the hell is all that uncomfortable tension being built up from a cooking show?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bike tory posted:

Except it kind of is? It is specifically marketing to Men Being Men Manly Manning About Men Meat for Man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

id say its more fragile masculinity than toxic

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fragile and toxic masculinity are an overlapping venn

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Sausages are already a pretty traditionally masculine food, so this isn't even a good example of trying to convince men that a normal every day object is going to feminise them unless it's branded as the ROCK HARD MAN SIZE VERSION

This is just a silly gimmick that ties into a new sort of hipster craft beer/brew man culture which actually isn't especially toxic. "Man cave" is probably the worst thing about it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah it’s just a goofy product focused at college kids who can’t cook and want to be burly tattooed hipster guys it’s not like axe body spray which is literally “our product will force women to gently caress you”

Wait are hipsters burly? I thought they were all either skinny or had "dad bods".

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Nothing says manly like shoving a ROCK HARD MAN SIZED phallic object in your mouth.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bike tory posted:

Sausages are already a pretty traditionally masculine food, so this isn't even a good example of trying to convince men that a normal every day object is going to feminise them unless it's branded as the ROCK HARD MAN SIZE VERSION

This is just a silly gimmick that ties into a new sort of hipster craft beer/brew man culture which actually isn't especially toxic. "Man cave" is probably the worst thing about it.

Anyone who had a room called a "man cave" is a tool.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tashilicious posted:

Except it kind of is? It is specifically marketing to Men Being Men Manly Manning About Men Meat for Man.

Eat my man meat

...please? I'll put root beer on it

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Dixville posted:

Eat my man meat

...please? I'll put root beer on it

YOU ARE
Man looking for Woman

PERSONAL HEADLINE
Stout Player Wants To Pour Root Beer Onto His Firm Peepee While You Watch, Helpless

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Iron Crowned posted:

Anyone who had a room called a "man cave" is a tool.

"Man cave" is one of those phrases that instantly elicit sense memories of musty dorm rooms smelling of BO and old Chinese food.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

"Man cave" is one of those phrases that instantly elicit sense memories of musty dorm rooms smelling of BO and old Chinese food.

On the flip side a “Woman Cave” sounds like something you’d have to clear out in one of the Witcher games

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aesop Poprock posted:

On the flip side a “Woman Cave” sounds like something you’d have to clear out in one of the Witcher games

They're called "she sheds"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

They're called "she sheds"

She sells she sheds down by the sea shore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What was wrong with calling them "dens?"