Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tom Guycot posted:

I didn't even know this existed.

great show, from start to finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parkingtigers posted:

Not enough people in this thread have watched the excellent and actually good Cloak and Dagger, set in New Orleans.

It was pretty solid but I wish they had done more cloak and daggering

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Tom Guycot posted:

I didn't even know this existed.

A lot of people don't, which is why I try and namecheck it once in a while as it's easily overlooked. It's got a banging soundtrack, builds up to a full on [spoiler] at the ending, which loving owns, and generally fits in well alongside the Netflix Marvel series which it has some slight links to. Should be given a chance if you like the stuff this thread is about.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, C&D was pretty good. Surprised by how much I liked the season climax, though I'm hoping for more payoff to things next year.

Nicest looking Marvel show (non crap division*)

*Runaways is the best looking Marvel show. And also the crappiest still standing. Legion looks good too, but it's a bit crap too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rocksicles posted:

Luke Cage's villians are the worst in all of the netflix marvel.
Worse than the Foot Clan by a country mile.

Cottonmouth ruled.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lid posted:

Cottonmouth ruled.

He was just the best in the collection of low bar bad guys.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
You've gotta be kidding. Mariah and Bushmaster were fantastic. Shades was fun too.

Diamondback though....

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeafNote posted:

You've gotta be kidding. Mariah and Bushmaster were fantastic. Shades was fun too.

Diamondback though....

Mariah was horrible, overacting from a good actress. I wasn't onboard. Shades was wack, period. I can take or leave Cottonmouth and Bushmaster.
Daimondback was hot garbage

It says a lot about the rest of the cast that carries the show. Misty inparticular, i'd watch anything with that character in it and be happy.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Luke Cage season 1 was excellent you philistines. And all his villains were good except Diamondback.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Cottonmouth was great more because he's played by one of, if not the, most handsome and naturally charismatic actors in the Marvel Netflix cast than because of any particular merit of the character himself.

Shades I didn't really care for until the reveal that he's a closeted gay man still in love with another man. Completely turned his relationship with Mariah on its head, and I think he's the only LGBT character in any of these shows.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Cythereal posted:

Cottonmouth was great more because he's played by one of, if not the, most handsome and naturally charismatic actors in the Marvel Netflix cast than because of any particular merit of the character himself.

Shades I didn't really care for until the reveal that he's a closeted gay man still in love with another man. Completely turned his relationship with Mariah on its head, and I think he's the only LGBT character in any of these shows.

Jeri Hogarth (Carrie-Anne Moss) is a lesbian.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Klungar posted:

...Somehow I completely forgot about her. Ah well.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Klungar posted:

The two kids in Runaways are lesbians too.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, C&D was pretty good. Surprised by how much I liked the season climax, though I'm hoping for more payoff to things next year.

Nicest looking Marvel show (non crap division*)

*Runaways is the best looking Marvel show. And also the crappiest still standing. Legion looks good too, but it's a bit crap too.

Whoa wait what's your beef with Legion? That show owns

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cottonmouth and Bushmaster are so much better than any of the Hand or Electra, I don’t understand how anyone could prefer other villains. Black Mariah really grew on me but I could see how annoying she is.

Punisher has the worst villains because they are so incredibly milquetoast “greedy black ops dudes”. Punisher’s amazing success is squarely on Berenthal’s shoulders.

Also every Netflix Marvel show takes place in NYC because (all together now) NOWHERE ELSE IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO MATTER!

More importantly Chicago, Philly, Detroit, LA, Atlanta are utterly massive cities with a lot of beautiful stuff going on but none of them are built on the bones of a dragon, duh!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

It's a gorgeous show with sublime musical queues and some top notch performances. However, if someone is walking into it looking for Arrowverse style heroics or even grounded Netflix Marvel HEROES IS SERIOUS BUSINESS style drama then they might be disappointed. That show is two seasons of loving with the audience as much as possible. I love it for sure, but it is no way straightforward and the ties to any sort of real MCU are super thin anyway (except for the obvious parentage which they don't even openly state).

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

hatelull posted:

It's a gorgeous show with sublime musical queues and some top notch performances. However, if someone is walking into it looking for /[Arrowverse]/ style heroics or even grounded Netflix Marvel HEROES IS SERIOUS BUSINESS style drama then they might be disappointed. That show is two seasons of loving with the audience as much as possible. I love it for sure, but it is no way straightforward and the ties to any sort of real MCU are super thin anyway (except for the obvious parentage which they don't even openly state).

Yeah, but in the best way possible.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bust Rodd posted:

Cottonmouth and Bushmaster are so much better than any of the Hand or Electra, I don’t understand how anyone could prefer other villains. Black Mariah really grew on me but I could see how annoying she is.

Punisher has the worst villains because they are so incredibly milquetoast “greedy black ops dudes”. Punisher’s amazing success is squarely on Berenthal’s shoulders.

Also every Netflix Marvel show takes place in NYC because (all together now) NOWHERE ELSE IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO MATTER!

More importantly Chicago, Philly, Detroit, LA, Atlanta are utterly massive cities with a lot of beautiful stuff going on but none of them are built on the bones of a dragon, duh!

Runaways is Cali, and Cloak and Dagger is Norleans

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Field Mousepad posted:

lmao why would you even bother? the guy put Runaways ahead of Legion, his opinion is worthless

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rocksicles posted:

The two kids in Runaways are lesbians too.

Karolina is a lesbian.

Nico is gettin' Bi.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Senerio posted:

Karolina is a lesbian.

Nico is gettin' Bi.

heh heh heh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bust Rodd posted:

Do we include the Irish mob as Punisher villains in Daredevil? Because that Irish funeral scene left a huge loving impact even if only for an episode. Or hell The Punisher as a villain for the start of Daredevil season 2, episode 1 was sooooo good with the restaurant scene and the meatlocker.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It'd be interesting to see some Punisher villains show up, even if he doesn't have many recurring (for obvious reasons). Jigsaw is probably a go-to, but you could always pull Barracuda from the MAX series.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dawgstar posted:

It'd be interesting to see some Punisher villains show up, even if he doesn't have many recurring (for obvious reasons). Jigsaw is probably a go-to, but you could always pull Barracuda from the MAX series.

Jigsaw's confirmed to be back, and BSS thinks (I'm not sure why) that season two will be a loose adaptation of The Slavers arc. I've also seen a lot of rumors that Johnny Nightmare will be involved.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cythereal posted:

Jigsaw's confirmed to be back, and BSS thinks (I'm not sure why) that season two will be a loose adaptation of The Slavers arc. I've also seen a lot of rumors that Johnny Nightmare will be involved.

The Slavers arc? Yikes. I think I'd rather them go with Nicky Cavella and his crew or something.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

More importantly Chicago, Philly, and Detroit are utterly massive cities with a lot of beautiful stuff going on but none of them have massive film subsidies lol

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dawgstar posted:

Thankfully I think the show runners have enough good sense to leave Barracuda in the bin of awful Ennis poo poo where it belongs.

Caverly would be cool if they could get Elvis Costello to play Ink.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rocksicles posted:

Mariah was horrible, overacting from a good actress. I wasn't onboard. Shades was wack, period. I can take or leave Cottonmouth and Bushmaster.
Daimondback was hot garbage

Sounds like you're the one who's wack.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

Sounds like you're the one who's wack.

Hahahaha. No doubt, but i'm not fighting superheroes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Field Mousepad posted:

I find it slow, and the characterisation can be pretty questionable. There's a lot of cool stuff, but I have difficulty finding a lot of it compelling since I don't believe in the characters.

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao why would you even bother? the guy put Runaways ahead of Legion, his opinion is worthless

I literally said Runaways was the crappiest Marvel show.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Open Source Idiom posted:

I literally said Runaways was the crappiest Marvel show.

too late. i flew so far off the handle im already flying into the back of ur head. ur dead bro

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Having never seen Runaways: how can anyone say it's the worst Marvel show when Inhumans exists?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Having never seen Runaways: how can anyone say it's the worst Marvel show when Inhumans exists?

Inhumans doesn't count it was an extened tourism campaign for Hawaii

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Maybe because the former is the worst and you are happy to keep it in your mind as such -- especially since it's still ongoing and you need to know that to avoid it. The latter you are happy if eventually you can forget it ever existed.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

because we all have voluntary amnesia about it and it causes us great discomfort to re learn the truth

Svensken
May 29, 2010
It's like the Avatar:TLA movie that was never made.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All marvel team shows are bad because all Marvel team shows are “X-men, but dramatic and bad”

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Runaways is better than any Netflix Marvel show but Punisher and you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Runaways was really good when I saw it but so was the weed I smoked while watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tweet my meat posted:

Runaways was really good when I saw it but so was the weed I smoked while watching it

:same: but I am also a sucker for teen schlock, especially the Schwartz/Savage brand.

The 'fight' scenes were so fuckin bad tho lmbo