Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

What loving backdoor?

NZ to AU migration. You don't lose your reffo status after becoming a NZ citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

As if anyone with a brain would become a citizen of NZ and then decide to come back here

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/GreenJ/status/1052056330414899200?s=19

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

What loving backdoor?

Presumably the one where after they spend a number of years setting in, making a life, getting a job AND becoming citizens they are then free to come to Australia no questions asked.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/tom_allard/stat...h-politics-live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5GFtUFODm4

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Sad Wendigo posted:

Does this mean you found a new job?

no i got a medical exemption from participation but also gently caress sr

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

iajanus posted:

I assume ship them over to NZ and then they just fly over here as NZ citizens

Jfc so nz has to create some sort of 2nd class citizenship to satisfy our bloodlust before we let these people go.

https://twitter.com/PreschoolGems/status/73068152958889984?s=19

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/davidlipson/status/1052065613911212032

Hope the Wentworth by-election is worth all this. :bravo:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Tokamak posted:

NZ to AU migration. You don't lose your reffo status after becoming a NZ citizen.

Brand a big R on their forehead imo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Why can't we send them here, why use NZ back door willy nillysjust get to the point lol.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I await the day a refugee is voted PM of New Zealand and the LNP loses their mind when they try to visit.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/davidlipson/status/1052067823902580736

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ginarushton/masculinity-man-box-study-australia

quote:

Young men who feel pressured to be self-sufficient, tough, heterosexual, homophobic and controlling are more likely to consider suicide and more likely to experience and perform acts of violence and bullying, researchers say.
The Australian research involved 1,000 men aged 18 to 30 and was conducted by the Jesuit Social Services’ The Men’s Project with the help of Queensland University of Technology associate professor Michael Flood.
The central analytical tool used for the study is called the “Man Box”, defined as the set of beliefs within and across society that place pressure on men to act in a certain way. These seven beliefs are centred around: self-sufficiency, acting tough, physical attractiveness, rigid gender roles, heterosexuality and homophobia, hypersexuality, and aggression and control.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Is Pauline Hanson’s “it’s OK to be white vote” really the message the Australian people have for Harry, Meghan and their unborn child?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kon__K/status/1052042803742560256

An explanation of why Labor’s new refugee laws won’t really help. Just bring them here!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you're sad and white and it's ok, clap your hands, mr speaker!

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

no i got a medical exemption from participation but also gently caress sr

gently caress Sarina Russo is right, if any of you ever end up on the dole and get assigned to them, do whatever it takes to get reassigned or get your gp to give you medical exemptions. They're god awful and don't do poo poo to help you find actual work.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Matthew Guy must think the Federal party are doing all this on purpose.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

ewe2 posted:

To be fair if he makes it in they can kiss goodbye any chance of making ground federally in Victoria

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Korgan posted:

gently caress Sarina Russo is right, if any of you ever end up on the dole and get assigned to them, do whatever it takes to get reassigned or get your gp to give you medical exemptions. They're god awful and don't do poo poo to help you find actual work.

Echoing this, although they also never really put in any effort to see if I was meeting my requirements so there was that too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
TAFE training facilities and Service NSW kiosks could be located inside registered clubs across the state, under a deal struck between the NSW government and the powerful clubs lobby that also maintains the special tax treatment for the pokies industry for another four years.

The agreement between the Coalition and Clubs NSW, signed at the conclusion of Responsible Gambling Awareness Week at the weekend, has reignited criticism from anti-gambling advocates over the government's relationship with the clubs lobby.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lid posted:

TAFE training facilities and Service NSW kiosks could be located inside registered clubs across the state, under a deal struck between the NSW government and the powerful clubs lobby that also maintains the special tax treatment for the pokies industry for another four years.

The agreement between the Coalition and Clubs NSW, signed at the conclusion of Responsible Gambling Awareness Week at the weekend, has reignited criticism from anti-gambling advocates over the government's relationship with the clubs lobby.

The coalition is gambling away our TAFE student's futures

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Burn down the pokies.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
It also opened the pathway for clubs to become an access point for licences renewal, and birth, deaths and marriage services, with the government agreeing to "consider options for Service NSW kiosks in clubs in isolated communities."

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Australia’s coziness with the gambling industry is like America’s coziness with the gun lobby. Sure, make gambling legal, but shouldn’t there be restrictions on advertising? Shouldn’t pokies be banned? The entire industry exists to take money from vulnerable people.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

To be fair if he makes it in they can kiss goodbye any chance of making ground federally in Victoria

Yeah, the Libs are basically tag-team losers in Victoria. They're already in 'save the furniture' mode as it is.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Count Chocula posted:

Australia’s coziness with the gambling industry is like America’s coziness with the gun lobby. Sure, make gambling legal, but shouldn’t there be restrictions on advertising? Shouldn’t pokies be banned? The entire industry exists to take money from vulnerable people.

Absolutely. Agreed. It seems like the laws have been relaxed over the last decade or so because I'm seeing so much more gambling related advertising each year. It's hosed. My dad is a gambling addict (restricted to horse bets on good days) and I just thank his failing eyesight and general boomerness that he hasn't discovered all of those gambling/betting apps. His pokies period was a nightmare

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They put a loving betting dude on during football coverage like he's part of the telecast and not a commercial. Like they cross to the motherfucker.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Gambling restricted to shouting someone a tinny over the result.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe refugees should be allowed to gamble on citizenship? We could maybe mix a bunch of unpopular policies with gambling to win over the humble punters.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Poker machines for the people queuing up to renew their rego.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zenithe posted:

Gambling restricted to shouting someone a tinny over the result.

Gambling restricted to only allowing gambling on which bourgeois will be put to la guillotine

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Poker machines for the people queuing up to renew their rego.

Spin to win baby.

EDIT: Pokie for the Dole, you get a certain number of pulls each week, working for free for a business gives you more pulls, whatever you get out of the machine is what you have to live off.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ewe2 posted:

He probably thinks these have all been good moves by the Federal party and doesn't understand why people don't like them

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/betoota/status/1051982946478030855

:vince:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmao

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Lid posted:

Hah I was reading something yesterday about the agreement including a way for family members to exclude someone who's a problem gambler and thought 'something must be up'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You Am I posted:

The coalition is gambling away our TAFE student's futures

They're loving writing the campaign's against themselves.

• Locked thread