Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Everquest 2 had extremely relaxed transmog rules; anything could be transmogged onto anything more or less.
The only restriction i can really think of is that you couldn't e.g. transmog a 2 handed weapon onto a 1 handed one.
There were plenty of avenues to look very scanitly clad, or in undies, or nightgown or similar and i virtually never saw one sporting such an outfit.

Anarchy Online had transmog pieces that were literally blank so your character could appear as wearing no items at all if you so desired. Never saw anyone doing that.

WoW has "slutplate" for every armor class now, with sideboob, cleavage, underboob, thongs, etc, again i see no one being fully slutplated out. Sure you see an underboob here and a thong there but most people wear full armor sets and few to none of these have more than 1 area of exposed skin.

GW2 has outfits that lets you look literally "topless except your nipples are also skin colored" and no one is doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
700 furniture item cap on the Villa Seems at the same time daunting and way too few. Im at 140 and barely started with some trees and bushes.

Also the main hall is large enough to put a fully-grown tree in.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

doomfunk posted:

Clothes are still in the game. We never took them out. Rob more homes.

They're just not currently available for Outfits.

I want them as costume slots damnit! 😑

My magblade needs to look like a Shornhelm busybody to further my end game goals.

Also she wants to occasionally be a goblin while incapping various Dominion zerglings...I will buy this in the crown store....take my nerd money

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rollersnake posted:

Do any other MMOs have that? I feel like you'd end up with over half the player base running around in their undies all the time, instead of just with their crafting alts.

Age of Conan had this, eventually, and it also had some actual nudity... I'd say the number of fully naked people running around was roughly the same before and after they allowed hiding every armor slot.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ineptitude posted:

WoW has "slutplate" for every armor class now, with sideboob, cleavage, underboob, thongs, etc, again i see no one being fully slutplated out. Sure you see an underboob here and a thong there but most people wear full armor sets and few to none of these have more than 1 area of exposed skin.

Do you play on Moon Guard

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider
👏let👏us👏venture👏in👏the👏nude👏

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ligament posted:

👏let👏us👏venture👏in👏the👏nude👏

Only people who reach emperor rank in PVP could use it, though.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
That's far too manu many causals for such an important ability as nude ganking

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I want a terrifying fat clown costume. The jester just doesn't do it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Do you play on Moon Guard

No idea what that is.

My point was that there are ample opportunities in most MMOs to look scantly clad yet few players do it. Maybe ESO players needs to stop creating fictional problems. (Getting a ruined economy if ESO had auction houses is another fictional problem that ESO players thinks is a real one)

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao the end of that summerset quest where the orc wants to duel the high elf

spoilers if you forgot or dont care about spoilers:

you spend a bunch of time gathering the proper dueling swords and learning the high elf dueling procedure to set up the duel. when the duel finally happens the orc walks up to the high elf and knocks him the gently caress out with one punch. quest complete.

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 14, 2018

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Orkz iz best elvz.

Punkin Donuts
Oct 3, 2003

You know what time it is.
I'd love a guild invite on the NA side. My UserID is @Punkin_Donuts, and this is my first time playing ESO. I'm a WoW refugee, so please be gentle.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Hmm, what should I wear today? Oh let's let the outfit randomizer decide

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I think I've grouped with some of those in PUGs before :captainpop:

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Invite for @LastGoodBoy

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Again?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Ineptitude posted:

No idea what that is.

My point was that there are ample opportunities in most MMOs to look scantly clad yet few players do it. Maybe ESO players needs to stop creating fictional problems. (Getting a ruined economy if ESO had auction houses is another fictional problem that ESO players thinks is a real one)

Moon Guard is the WoW server that allows you to be all you can be in the Goldshire inn.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Considering the circumstances this time around, it was a perfectly reasonable action compared to the last few times it was done as a meme for the entertainment of the pvp platoon.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Scyantific posted:

Considering the circumstances this time around, it was a perfectly reasonable action compared to the last few times it was done as a meme for the entertainment of the pvp platoon.

Ouch.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Oh yeah? What was it for this time?

I'm going to guess "for no reason", as usual.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
No, it was because you were posting over and over, YET AGAIN, about your scamming people with runes bullshit. You know what comes of shitposting, goon.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

No, it was because you were posting over and over, YET AGAIN, about your scamming people with runes bullshit. You know what comes of shitposting, goon.

No, I wasn't. That was like two weeks ago. Don't spread bullshit.

E: October 5th, as a matter of fact.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 16, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I enjoyed my time with you dudes before and want back in if possible, I'm still just a dopey level 30 or so stamblade under @VoodooYardie :buddy:

Also the Pjisiocisc villa house is real neat but I need some furniture :saddowns:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 16, 2018

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Yeah, I really want to like that villa, but I'm just not inspired enough to do anything with it. Still, free house rocks.

I'm really looking forward to that argonian temple house in Murkmire. Got crazy good ideas for that. On a related note, I know the item limit for big houses is like 700 items. Is that after the ESO+ double item limit or is it like 1,400 with?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JackBadass posted:

Yeah, I really want to like that villa, but I'm just not inspired enough to do anything with it. Still, free house rocks.

I'm really looking forward to that argonian temple house in Murkmire. Got crazy good ideas for that. On a related note, I know the item limit for big houses is like 700 items. Is that after the ESO+ double item limit or is it like 1,400 with?

After. It's 700 max.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Darn. Oh well, that's still enough.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Don't worry, 1400 decoration limit houses are going to be a thing very soon if ZOS's priorities remain unchanged. In fact, I'd bet that happens before they ever properly balance pve classes without breaking multiple other classes, and before they add any meaningful end-game content.

After all, this is known as Fashion Scrolls Online for a reason.

JadaX fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 16, 2018

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I'm fine with that.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Been playing the game for almost a week now an have gotten to level 20

Its an alright game though i haven't really been blown away yet.

I haven't seen much of that exploration bit that i was told this game had a lot of. Every chest i have found in the wilderness was just scenery i could not interact with for example.

Action combat is quite a fresh breath from fixed target MMOs like WoW but only having 5 buttons is a bit on the low side. I also haven't really gotten any new skills since like level 5 because none of the other skills seem particularly impactful.

I like how the quests are a bunch of actual storylines instead of bear rear end collection after bear rear end collection. I wouldn't mind if the quests rewarded more xp though and perhaps actual gear choices. I don't think i have ever gotten a piece of light armor from a quest yet, its literally been 90% heavy armor and a few pieces of medium. Out of the 20 levels i have gotten, 8-9 of them have been from doing the daily dungeon which rewards a huge amount of xp at the end. It almost feels pointless to do quests (to level up) with how much xp you get from the daily dungeon. That is, if you can get into the daily dungeon. First you gotta get through the "someone has declined the invite" gauntlet for about an hour.
It baffles me how a bug that prevents the forming of a group has existed for the entirety of the life of this MMORPG.

Grouping itself is nice. The action combat style makes for quite the chaos but i guess that is to be expected when low level players are involved. 1 of the other 3 in my party has selected "tank" in the group finder but the enemies doesn't seem to take much notice of that. Healing is quite unique in that heals seems to go to the player that needs them the most. That is an interesting take on healing for someone that has played healers for 20 years. I hope healing gets a bit more involved later on in the game and in higher difficulties.

Crafting in ESO seems to be a tall mountain to climb and i am glad i am rarely interested in crafting in MMOs. Im not sure what i am missing out on by not crafting but i hope it's not required for progressing my character.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Ineptitude posted:

That is, if you can get into the daily dungeon. First you gotta get through the "someone has declined the invite" gauntlet for about an hour.
It baffles me how a bug that prevents the forming of a group has existed for the entirety of the life of this MMORPG.

What's the bug?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Ineptitude posted:

Crafting in ESO seems to be a tall mountain to climb and i am glad i am rarely interested in crafting in MMOs. Im not sure what i am missing out on by not crafting but i hope it's not required for progressing my character.

ive been playing for a few months and id say dont worry too much about crafting until you hit champion 160. just deconstruct whatever junk gear you dont need to get the skill to 50 and decide if you want to put points in it later.

2 crafting skills i would recommend are provisioning and alchemy though. alchemy especially. having a stack of potions to buff your attack/speed/give health regen is always useful.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I started playing this as a Orc Dragonknight because the current WoW expansion is pretty loving garbage, and I have some questions:

Right now I'm mostly exploring zones at my own pace, don't really know when and if I'll engage in SERIOUS ENDGAME content, if I'm going to be mostly solo do I go Heavy Armor or Medium Armor? Always liked heavy armor classes but looking at the skill tree it seems its mostly for soaking damage/survivability.

And if I'm going to be two-handed weapon guy which DK skill tree is better suited for me?

frajaq fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 16, 2018

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Each class in this game can dps, tank or heal (for the most part).

You are going 2h dk, so safe to assume it's dps? I'd go 5-1-1 (5 medium, 1 heavy, 1 light) - will get the most out of your passives. Going all medium is fine too. Heavy armor passives are kind of wasted in pve for dps imo, and yes you are correct, it's mostly to build tankiness (which you won't need unless you're a tank or for some pvp builds).

Not sure what you mean by skill tree, 2h has it's own tree - just get that up to 50 and get all the skills you want. Get all your class trees up. Get bow or dual-wield (depending on your back-bar). Get undaunted and fighters guild up. Get medium armor up. Get racials up. If you want to try werewolf/vampire then get one of those up.

JadaX fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 16, 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ASenileAnimal posted:

ive been playing for a few months and id say dont worry too much about crafting until you hit champion 160

One thing I’d suggest from my limited crafting experience is to keep researching stuff whenever possible. I was researching for months without knowing a drat thing about crafting, just figured it might be a good idea, then when I actually wanted to make something I was surprised to see I could already make some cool poo poo!

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Yeah, it is the correct choice to start researching right away. Deconstructing stuff you don't necessarily need, and don't need to sell, get you some skill increases periodically, but research is time oriented.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

forgot to mention researching is important too! ignored it early on and heavily regret it. im 20 days away from my nirnhorn bow being complete :smith:

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
So, due to some work responsibilities changing, I will be spending a lot of time off and on the EU server. If EU goons want to join EU goon guild, message me @doridori240 and i will send ya an invite. I have been logging in daily for the last week.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Yardbomb posted:

I enjoyed my time with you dudes before and want back in if possible, I'm still just a dopey level 30 or so stamblade under @VoodooYardie :buddy:

Also the Pjisiocisc villa house is real neat but I need some furniture :saddowns:
Do you like any particular race's furniture? I could throw you some items to get started with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

In the case this is not sarcastic:

"Your group is ready"
*clicks join*
"someone has declined the invite, you have been moved to the front of the queue"

"Your group is ready"
*clicks join*
"someone has declined the invite, you have been moved to the front of the queue"

"Your group is ready"
*clicks join*

"Your group is ready"
*clicks join*

"Your group is ready"
*clicks join*

"Your group is ready"
*clicks join*

Etc

Etc

Etc

This happens for an hour or so for every dungeon i want to do. Yesterday i stopped counting after 100 of these in a row.