Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Shibawanko posted:

Galaxy brain:

What game is this? It's just Simcity 4 isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

mobas are universally trash, every single one of them seems to create a terrible toxic community where you'll be called a human being for not memorizing a bunch of poo poo

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

mobas are universally trash

Controversial

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

QuarkJets posted:

mobas are universally trash, every single one of them seems to create a terrible toxic community where you'll be called a human being for not memorizing a bunch of poo poo

:hmmyes:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

QuarkJets posted:

welcome to online competitive video games

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I've played and enjoyed videogames for 32 years and dota is the only thing I've ever even joked about being addicted too. 3200 hours of my life ill never get back and the number keeps inexplicably growing.

Dont get into dota kids. Or do but don't insist on being stoned everytime you
Play

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Simcity 2000 was the best one

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the original Sims was the best one

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
SC2K was indeed good as hell. Quite a mod scene thanks to the Urban Renewal Kit too. I downloaded so many custom buildings off of AOL.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SimCopter was entertaining as hell and it needs to be revived, complete with the ability to import SimCity maps, that's cool as gently caress and it sucks it hasn't been done since

SimTower was awesome too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
SimCopter was the most fun terrible game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its 2018, SimCopter remake needs rampant shirtless man love in the streets than just a few days of the year

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
SimCity 2000 was cute as heck but so repetitive I'll never play it again. also the ridiculously low fps and reliable glitches get real old (the soundtrack never does tho). last time I tried 3000 it was impossible to run on my version of Windows, no idea if someone fixed that since

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

SimTower is truly the GOAT I love it when the little silhouette people turn red because the elevator takes too long

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

hackbunny posted:

SimCity 2000 was cute as heck but so repetitive I'll never play it again. also the ridiculously low fps and reliable glitches get real old (the soundtrack never does tho). last time I tried 3000 it was impossible to run on my version of Windows, no idea if someone fixed that since

GOG got ahold of 3000 recently. Also, side note, 4 has a fairly recent Intel Mac port that is very good and if you own the Steam version of 4 you already own it. Good MacBook Air game.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 16, 2018

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's actually deus ex

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

dreadmojo posted:

That's actually deus ex

Seconding

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

fly to military base
hijack apache helicopter
fire missle into nuclear power plant
result: :eyepop:

first time I did that I laughed my rear end off

those megaphone quotes are burned into my brain too

GET MOVING YOU STUPID IDIOTS!

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
SimCity 2k was the one that clicked the most for me, cities skylines was a close second and then they put out all that dlc and it put me off

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I like 2k and 3k as well of course, but 4 just had more depth and I especially liked that you could make cool rural areas, there is no other sim game where you can just build a bunch of cute villages that I'm aware of.

Maybe A-Train, but that's a whole can of autistic worms all on its own.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The dark souls games are cool and good if you don't take them too seriously and if you aren't one of those weird evangelist types telling people to git good. The world invasion mechanics are innovative and create a more thrilling singleplayer experience in a way that's consistent with the narrative

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

I've tried playing that but it's just too incomprehensible and actively hostile towards players.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Poil posted:

I've tried playing that but it's just too incomprehensible and actively hostile towards players.

I've never played it but I heard it makes a bit more sense if you think in terms of the Japanese rail system, where a station is usually inside of a giant real estate complex owned by the railway company (which is contractually allowed to exploit it, or something like that, to compensate for losses they make by maintaining unprofitable lines), so you're a railway company that also builds real estate. Or some poo poo. It's a game for the kind of person who gets a boner from train schedules and stuff and I'm many things but I'm not quite that guy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

The dark souls games are cool and good if you don't take them too seriously and if you aren't one of those weird evangelist types telling people to git good. The world invasion mechanics are innovative and create a more thrilling singleplayer experience in a way that's consistent with the narrative

Git gud was a mildly funny joke years ago and all the wrong people got ahold of it. It was just to piss off people who were already throwing tantrums about the game. Now that people say it in earnest it just sucks.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

veni veni veni posted:

Git gud was a mildly funny joke years ago and all the wrong people got ahold of it. It was just to piss off people who were already throwing tantrums about the game. Now that people say it in earnest it just sucks.

git gud

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

veni veni veni posted:

Oh sweet god, MO' FUCKIN' :vince::iceburn:IIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!:iceburn::vince:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The only other Sim I played was SimPark. As a kid it’s lotsa fun but it’s really a bit poo poo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Literally A Person posted:

Oh sweet god, MO' FUCKIN' :vince::iceburn:IIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!:iceburn::vince:

steady on, fellow

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If it weren't for how 'generic' a lot of the stock city stuff in Cities Skylines feels, it seems like it'd make for an interesting FPS/3rdPS map generating system. People just making up their own custom GTAV-styled cities really quickly just to play around with in deathmatches or something.

I'm sure one probably does exist, as I think there's a workshop mod to add a city walking mode to the game.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 wasn’t bad.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

ratbert90 posted:

It was great

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Shibawanko posted:

I like 2k and 3k as well of course, but 4 just had more depth and I especially liked that you could make cool rural areas, there is no other sim game where you can just build a bunch of cute villages that I'm aware of.

Would be nice to have more flexible types of these games where you're not just incentivised to build miles and miles of suburbia, concrete jungle and industrial wasteland. (but then it wouldn't be realistic, ho ho ho?)

JediTalentAgent posted:

If it weren't for how 'generic' a lot of the stock city stuff in Cities Skylines feels, it seems like it'd make for an interesting FPS/3rdPS map generating system. People just making up their own custom GTAV-styled cities really quickly just to play around with in deathmatches or something.

I'm sure one probably does exist, as I think there's a workshop mod to add a city walking mode to the game.

It'd be really cool to see more games where you can build a game world for a different mode.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Simcopter won't happen again because in this world of PC gone mad you can't make a game about flying aircraft into skyscrapers.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

I've never played it but I heard it makes a bit more sense if you think in terms of the Japanese rail system, where a station is usually inside of a giant real estate complex owned by the railway company (which is contractually allowed to exploit it, or something like that, to compensate for losses they make by maintaining unprofitable lines), so you're a railway company that also builds real estate. Or some poo poo. It's a game for the kind of person who gets a boner from train schedules and stuff and I'm many things but I'm not quite that guy.
Yeah but that doesn't solve the whole interface and game being needlessly convoluted and obtrusive. How do I do x? Where is button for y? What does this thing do? Does that do anything at all? What is this even? How large is the catchment area of a bus stop or station? Why build this instead of that building? And that's before you even get to how do I make a profit or play this even remotely properly?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Shibawanko posted:

It was great

I was sad that they didn't get ghost train riding the coasters while you build them into the mobile port of the first two games. That was such a great addition.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

will someone please teach me how to play Aerobiz

my family is dying

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

ratbert90 posted:

It was insanely buggy and poo poo at launch but patches and expansions made it get quite good

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Pastry of the Year posted:

will someone please teach me how to play Aerobiz

my family is dying

Declare bankruptcy and reorganize.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Strategy games should round chances of odds greater than 90% to 100% and lower than 10% to 0%.

loving fire emblem i'm so sick of getting instakilled at the finish line by some 6% chance bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

BioMe posted:

Strategy games should round chances of odds greater than 90% to 100% and lower than 10% to 0%.

loving fire emblem i'm so sick of getting instakilled at the finish line by some 6% chance bullshit

If you got what you wanted you would just be mad when you were unlucky at the new lower bound.