Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
OTOH this vote doesn't change anything, it's just a retarded attempt by Sipilä/Pentikäinen to draw attention from the fact that the parliament won't be voting on the bill which is still not ready and therefore strikes against the bill would still be kosher.

Rinne should just make a statement on Tuesday that what ever this government does during its last winter, the next government will undo and therefore pushing this conflict with unions is better put to rest. Which is still far from certain, but people don't have very strong feelings about SOTE but this is something that can activate sleeping red voters if this continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tavoittelen pääministerin paikkaa

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Darkest Auer posted:

En muista mikä Ylen uutisten artikkeli se oli, mutta siinä oli hyvin kiteytetty koko homman juju: lakko hallituksen toimia vastaan ei ole mitenkään erikoista, lakko eduskunnan toimia vastaan on aika pitkälti ennenkuulumatonta.

Tbh i don't think anyone's about to get fooled by Sipilä, apart from the right-wing press.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hähä joku kusipää Kepulainen onnistui jo saamaan hirvikivääristä luodin jalkaansa. Oikein!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hähä joku kusipää Kepulainen onnistui jo saamaan hirvikivääristä luodin jalkaansa. Oikein!

Punainen kepsi päähän kun liikkuu luonnossa syksyllä!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Touko Poukolla se morkkis vaan jatkuu, onneksi valtakunnassa on kaikki hyvin ja mitään mihin poliittinen puolue voisi ottaa kantaa ei ole tapahtumassa. Seuraavaa galluppia odotellessa.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Touko Arhinmäki.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

https://www.oululehti.fi/uutiset/ih...6911.96d8369e59

just joo viddu

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Darkest Auer posted:

Touko Poukolla se morkkis vaan jatkuu, onneksi valtakunnassa on kaikki hyvin ja mitään mihin poliittinen puolue voisi ottaa kantaa ei ole tapahtumassa. Seuraavaa galluppia odotellessa.

Onkohan Timo ja Touko lähteneet kaksistaan ruskapatikoimaan?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Eikö me ny saatas jotenki junailtua niin että Paavo ois pääministeri ja pressa samaan aikaan. Ja kaikki eduskuntapaikat olis Paavo kans?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Darkest Auer posted:

I think the appropriate term of art for what I feel about this is "retire bitch."

Even if it's not that serious and will go away by November it's a good excuse to withdraw while saving face, just do it.

Darkest Auer posted:

En muista mikä Ylen uutisten artikkeli se oli, mutta siinä oli hyvin kiteytetty koko homman juju: lakko hallituksen toimia vastaan ei ole mitenkään erikoista, lakko eduskunnan toimia vastaan on aika pitkälti ennenkuulumatonta.

I think this is only because no government has gone for this "one weird trick" approach and instead this sort of poo poo has been pushed through kolmikanta. Given all the awful things that have been pushed through kolmikanta, this seems to be primarily an ideological battle by Sipilä to break labour's spine.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Sulphagnist posted:

I think this is only because no government has gone for this "one weird trick" approach and instead this sort of poo poo has been pushed through kolmikanta. Given all the awful things that have been pushed through kolmikanta, this seems to be primarily an ideological battle by Sipilä to break labour's spine.

I don't understand what the "one weird trick" is supposed to be here. How, in Sipilä's mind, the political strikes suddenly are against the parliament instead of the government?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Wheany posted:

I don't understand what the "one weird trick" is supposed to be here. How, in Sipilä's mind, the political strikes suddenly are against the parliament instead of the government?

He's having the parliament explicitly support his proposal

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Meanwhile the unions ignore this, as the bill is not yet on the desk. So :iiam: how Sipilä thinks this helps him, but then again unknown are the paths of Kepu.

Yle published a poll today on what people think about the bill and political strikes, and the result is as surprising as the wetness of rain.

In addition, workers and unemployed oppose the bill while 51% of pensioners support it. 'gently caress you, got mine'-ism really florishes with our old people.

P.S. I'm the 8% of LA who oppose strikes

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Darkest Auer posted:

He's having the parliament explicitly support his proposal

Is he a loving sovereign citizen who thinks that by saying the magic words the courts unions have no power over him?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nenonen posted:

but then again unknown are the paths of Kepu.

Actually, https://twitter.com/TimoHaapala/status/1051174273841340418

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Darkest Auer posted:

Down from 12.9 to 12.0 in HS's new poll. There's probably a floor but Green voters are always pretty fickle so I can't say if it's 10 percent or 8 percent. As long as they bleed into LA and SDP it's not a huge problem, but if those people just become sleepers instead, that's not great.

The problem is that the whole narrative is now about Aalto's absence and how the Greens keep tanking in the polls, which leads to more tanking in the polls. They need to do something dramatic and quickly to change the story, but they can't and won't oust Aalto on their own.

Touko Aalto retire bitch

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sulphagnist posted:

Down from 12.9 to 12.0 in HS's new poll. There's probably a floor but Green voters are always pretty fickle so I can't say if it's 10 percent or 8 percent. As long as they bleed into LA and SDP it's not a huge problem, but if those people just become sleepers instead, that's not great.

The problem is that the whole narrative is now about Aalto's absence and how the Greens keep tanking in the polls, which leads to more tanking in the polls. They need to do something dramatic and quickly to change the story, but they can't and won't oust Aalto on their own.

Touko Aalto retire bitch

They can always start pitching a shitfit about that news that Finland is interested in those new small nuclear reactors. Guaranteed to drive people who get all their information from iltalehti insane. The Green garbage stance on nuclear power is why I haven't voted for them since '99, even though it would otherwise be a pretty decent option sometimes.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Sulphagnist posted:

Touko Aalto retire bitch

If it turns out that this was all just a ruse to pave way for Ville Niinistö to return to the steers then color me impressed.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

If it turns out that this was all just a ruse to pave way for Ville Niinistö to return to the steers then color me impressed.

Soininvaara takasin puikkoihin!

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Nurge posted:

Linkola takasin puikkoihin!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I hear Emma Kari who lost to Touko for the seat has been actively drumming up support for herself in case he decides to call it quits.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Forktoss posted:

quote:

Linkola takasin puikkoihin!

:hmmyes:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nurge posted:

Väyrynen takasin puikkoihin!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paska meema.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Puikot takaisin Väyryseen.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

kaikki tietää et tähän lankaan postataan pelkkää paskaa mut vois silti edes vähän yrittää

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
stop disparaging and debasing my favourite meme you philistines

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

these posts trigger me

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Well, the government survived the vote of confidence, and now labor unions are preparing for strikes next week.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

Nurge posted:

They can always start pitching a shitfit about that news that Finland is interested in those new small nuclear reactors. Guaranteed to drive people who get all their information from iltalehti insane. The Green garbage stance on nuclear power is why I haven't voted for them since '99, even though it would otherwise be a pretty decent option sometimes.

The current Green poliittinen tavoiteohjelma from this spring has precisely this on nuclear power:

"Ilmastonmuutoksen torjumiseksi Vihreät suhtautuu avoimesti kaikkeen vähäpäästöisen ja ympäristöystävällisen teknologian tutkimukseen ja kehittämiseen. Viimeisimmät Suomessa tehdyt ydinvoimahankkeet ovat olleet hitaita ja ongelmallisia. Sellaisia emme halua lisää."

and here's their parties official tavoiteohjelma in 2012 on nuclear:
" Kannatamme ydinvoimasta luopumista niin pian kuin mahdollista. Ydinvoimasta luopuminen ei kuitenkaan saa lisätä hiilidioksidipäästöjä."

this leads me to wonder: just what political party you support? I mean, if this is garbage stance, you probably should vote for "more nuclear projects but instead of what happens in reality let's hope for silver bullet solutions " or maybe alternatively "more nuclear projects, precisely like OL3 and Fennovoima because they are somehow cool"

but do carry on, my "Green Concern Troll" bingo chart is filling up fast

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Well, the government survived the vote of confidence, and now labor unions are preparing for strikes next week.

the discussion of the law and this particular vote will be priceless once it hits perustuslakivaliokunta

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Quoting an official party programme at someone is like several steps below quoting Wikipedia at someone.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

I have no idea what this Louhimies thing is really supposed to be. Are the local MRAs trying to turn him into the Finnish Brett Kavanaugh to rally around? If I understand correctly, they're upset that an Yle reporter contacted BBC, who had contracted Louhimies, and asked about the entirely public news stories about Louhimies earlier in the year, and then the BBC decided against contracting him.

Regardless, either Louhimies lied to the BBC and hoped (accurately?) that no one at the BBC would do due diligence, or this had actually nothing to do with BBC's decision.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sulphagnist posted:

Yle reporter

Only he wasn't working for YLE at the time.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Pyhäinpäivän asuni on jo valmiina

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

Quoting an official party programme at someone is like several steps below quoting Wikipedia at someone.

well go ahead then

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Darkest Auer posted:

Pyhäinpäivän asuni on jo valmiina

lakimies? hyi saatana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

El Perkele posted:

The current Green poliittinen tavoiteohjelma from this spring has precisely this on nuclear power:

"Ilmastonmuutoksen torjumiseksi Vihreät suhtautuu avoimesti kaikkeen vähäpäästöisen ja ympäristöystävällisen teknologian tutkimukseen ja kehittämiseen. Viimeisimmät Suomessa tehdyt ydinvoimahankkeet ovat olleet hitaita ja ongelmallisia. Sellaisia emme halua lisää."

and here's their parties official tavoiteohjelma in 2012 on nuclear:
" Kannatamme ydinvoimasta luopumista niin pian kuin mahdollista. Ydinvoimasta luopuminen ei kuitenkaan saa lisätä hiilidioksidipäästöjä."

this leads me to wonder: just what political party you support? I mean, if this is garbage stance, you probably should vote for "more nuclear projects but instead of what happens in reality let's hope for silver bullet solutions " or maybe alternatively "more nuclear projects, precisely like OL3 and Fennovoima because they are somehow cool"

but do carry on, my "Green Concern Troll" bingo chart is filling up fast

LA is my go to party. Their official stance on nuclear power is not that different from the greenie weenies, but there's a fairly significant pro-nuclear group in there and they're allowed to vote whatever they want in parliament. That's a ton better in my books. YMMV.

I wasn't concern trolling. I simply stated that I voted for them when I was young, and I no longer do, and why that is. They're still one of the better options out there, just not the one for me.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 17, 2018