Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

I'd probably still consider it, but being able to use it on FAs makes those 1sts much more valuable than I'm used to. I guess I'd pass if you estimate there'll be a couple stud FAs that get cut, since that'll mean you'll get them way below market value, right?

We made the rule that any Free Agents taken in the draft get assigned the average expert's auction value. Just so if someone like Antonio Brown is cut, he isn't drafted with the 1st pick for $18 and kept forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

shirts and skins posted:

Who's ready for a million waiver claims for the Colts defense

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So what the hell do I do with Watson?

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Is Aaron Jones droppable in redraft at this point? He's stashed at the end of my bench and I'd like some receiver depth (would pick up either Christian Kirk or Taylor Gabriel). It doesn't seem like he's winning the bulk of the carries anytime soon, just feels weird dropping him.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Ben Nevis posted:

They don't have a running game so defenses can just run full bore at the guy.

I don't think he'll be less sacked his week. Jaguars have a better defensive front than the Bills.

Long term I'd be worried about him holding up. Apparently suffered a collapsed lung week 5. That line is awful, and yeah he's made some bad choices resulting in INTs cause of it.

As a Fuller owner, it's hard to like Watson right now.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

shirts and skins posted:

Who's ready for a million waiver claims for the Colts defense

Don't pick up terrible defenses to stream against terrible offenses. Bad defenses make bad offenses look good. You want average defenses against bad offenses.

EDIT: I changed my mind. Colts aren't nearly as bad as I thought they were.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 16, 2018

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Trade proposal in my dynasty league:
Give: Tyler Boyd
Get: Tevin Coleman

My other WRs are Watkins, Gabriel, Anthony Miller, Zay Jones, and some more trash.
My RBs are Dion Lewis, Buck Allen, Alfred Morris, Mark Walton.

I am obviously not competitive this year so my aim is a full rebuild (I have 15 picks in the first two rounds the next three drafts). Coleman would definitely be better this year but Boyd is developing really well

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I have completed my now weekly ritual of moving Leonard Fournette out of my IR spot so that I can make transactions.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sataere posted:

Don't pick up terrible defenses to stream against terrible offenses. Bad defenses make bad offenses look good. You want average defenses against bad offenses.

Bad offense is one thing, but Nathan Peterman might be the worst qb of all the. He's a pick 6 machine on a Schaub level. If the Bills come to their senses and start Anderson then ok, avoid them, but if it's Peterman I'm mashing them.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

shirts and skins posted:

Bad offense is one thing, but Nathan Peterman might be the worst qb of all the. He's a pick 6 machine on a Schaub level. If the Bills come to their senses and start Anderson then ok, avoid them, but if it's Peterman I'm mashing them.

Yeah, I am already backtracking on this. For some reason, I thought the Colts were a lot worse than they are. Also, I think Anderson is going to get the start.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ben Nevis posted:

Bench him or ditch him and get one of the several average to good QBs floating around. I streamed Winston this week and see Dalton and Wentz on the waiver wire. Watson isn't going to improve with that line and those injuries.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Sataere posted:

EDIT: I changed my mind. Colts aren't nearly as bad as I thought they were.

This is not a normal situation. Peterman is an interception machine and Derek Anderson has been on the team for 1 week. I would start any defense other than TB vs them this week.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

shirts and skins posted:

Bench him or ditch him and get one of the several average to good QBs floating around. I streamed Winston this week and see Dalton and Wentz on the waiver wire. Watson isn't going to improve with that line and those injuries.

If Wentz is on your waiver wire, you should be grabbing him. He's not a streaming candidate, he's a sit and start guy.

coronaball posted:

This is not a normal situation. Peterman is an interception machine and Derek Anderson has been on the team for 1 week. I would start any defense other than TB vs them this week.

Lol, you even quoted me where I edited it out saying I changed my mind. Come on, man.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, it's a 14 team league. I'd be looking at Flacco or Darnold or the like.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Trade proposal in my dynasty league:
Give: Tyler Boyd
Get: Tevin Coleman

My other WRs are Watkins, Gabriel, Anthony Miller, Zay Jones, and some more trash.
My RBs are Dion Lewis, Buck Allen, Alfred Morris, Mark Walton.

I am obviously not competitive this year so my aim is a full rebuild (I have 15 picks in the first two rounds the next three drafts). Coleman would definitely be better this year but Boyd is developing really well

You need RB help but I think it's not enough for the potential with Boyd. Coleman's role is established and his floor and ceiling have pretty much been established. Boyd could be the next big thing. Coleman not so much.

Edit: On second thought the trade is closer than I first thought.

decypher fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 16, 2018

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I actually am conflicted in one league, I could do Chargers v Titans in London or Colts v Bills. Chargers feel safer but probably don't have the upside the Colts will have, yeah? How many Colts starters on defense are still out? No idea how many came back healthy this week after last week they couldn't field a healthy game day roster.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

decypher posted:

You need RB help but I think it's not enough for the potential with Boyd. Coleman's role is established and his floor and ceiling have pretty much been established. Boyd could be the next big thing. Coleman not so much.

Coleman is an FA this year and seems unlikely to return to Atlanta given they locked Freeman up and Ito Smith looks good, best case scenario he goes somewhere nice like McKinnon did (but doesn't tear his ACL in preseason)

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

sourdough posted:

Coleman is an FA this year and seems unlikely to return to Atlanta given they locked Freeman up and Ito Smith looks good, best case scenario he goes somewhere nice like McKinnon did (but doesn't tear his ACL in preseason)

Great point, and he's still only 25 years old.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sourdough posted:

I'm actually starting to wonder if they move on from Freeman in the offseason and roll with Tevin and Ito. Post June 1 cut would mean a couple mil in dead cap, but at the injury rate for Freeman it seems like it would be worth it.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

weird Asian candy posted:

I'm actually starting to wonder if they move on from Freeman in the offseason and roll with Tevin and Ito. Post June 1 cut would mean a couple mil in dead cap, but at the injury rate for Freeman it seems like it would be worth it.

Prior to this year, he'd only missed 3 games total.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ben Nevis posted:

Prior to this year, he'd only missed 3 games total.

I am well aware. You cannot deny his downward spiral since last year. ROI is just not there.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Is it safe to abandon ship on Jordan Howard?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
/\/\/\ depends on the return you can get for him. Even if you've given up he has to have trade value. I'd give it a week or two, NE is a bad defense and running Cohen between the tackles doesn't seem sustainable.

Sataere posted:

If Wentz is on your waiver wire, you should be grabbing him. He's not a streaming candidate, he's a sit and start guy.

He's been on my roster this season, but he's been outperformed by Wilson in the last few weeks and I ended up rolling with Winston this week. Might pick him up again if he's still there and I end up not feeling great about Jameis, but CAR isn't a super appealing matchup.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 16, 2018

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

1/2 ppr I was offered:

His Keenan Allen for
My David Johnson

My other RBs are Mixon, Ingram, and Michel
My other WRs are Adams, Robinson, and John Brown/Corey Davis

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Huh. Interesting. I kinda like it, but I also kinda want more for a low RB1.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Sataere posted:

Lol, you even quoted me where I edited it out saying I changed my mind. Come on, man.

I wasnt trying to pick on you, just making the point. I think any D v. Peterman can be a week winner.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Didn't Freeman get the big contract with the knowledge that they're very likely not going to have the money to keep Coleman?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

herculon posted:

1/2 ppr I was offered:

His Keenan Allen for
My David Johnson

Not good enough. DJ is still the RB10 in 0.5 PPR despite awful game situations and coaching.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

herculon posted:

1/2 ppr I was offered:

His Keenan Allen for
My David Johnson

I just moved DJ for Carlos Hyde & Brandin Cooks if that helps you figure a counter.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

I just moved DJ for Carlos Hyde & Brandin Cooks if that helps you figure a counter.

I would love to do that to get DJ.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Julio’s owner gave me a vey apathetic, “I’ll let you know in the morning” when I offered him Johnson and John Brown so I’ll wait and see

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

dkj posted:

Didn't Freeman get the big contract with the knowledge that they're very likely not going to have the money to keep Coleman?

Depends on who you believe. TD has been on record saying they wanted to retain both and the way Freeman's contract was written, they could get out of it after next year if they wanted to eat some money. Freeman's concussions last year, into MCL strain in the Philly game, into re-aggravating his MCL this year into now a cone contusion may have muddied things a bit. I am one of Free's biggest fans, but this has been a brutal stretch for him and there was a lot of doubt to pay him as much as they did when he was not an every down back. Though...who really is anymore?

e:

Speaking of...Freeman just went on IR...

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 16, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
:siren:Freeman to IR:siren:

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Should I drop Chicago; I was planning to hold them but then bombed this week. They have jets and buffalo after ne this week.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Willninho posted:

Should I drop Chicago; I was planning to hold them but then bombed this week. They have jets and buffalo after ne this week.

Hold if you have a spot

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Willninho posted:

No

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

:siren:Freeman to IR:siren:

Yes but 0RB is dumb.

(I know it's more nuanced than that.)

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Who would you drop for 4NET:
T. Cohen
T. Coleman
A. Ekeler

Reports are saying he will be back before the bye week for the Jags so I want to get him on my roster before people realize he's available. My other RBs are M. Lynch and Shady McCoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kimcicle posted:

Who would you drop for 4NET:
T. Cohen
T. Coleman
A. Ekeler

Reports are saying he will be back before the bye week for the Jags so I want to get him on my roster before people realize he's available. My other RBs are M. Lynch and Shady McCoy.

He's on your waiver wire? lol wtf

Honestly, out of those options I would probably drop Ekeler. Gordon is balling out, and Cohen and Tevin are now lead backs.