Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Bob’s Burgers has dialed back significantly on the shouting in recent seasons. I agree it was a little excessive early on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Gene and Louise will shout now and then but they are Gene and Louise. They have to! John H Benjamin has a delightful voice. And everyone wants a soothing ASMR tape recorded by Marshmallow deep down inside.

I don't like Teddy but that's mostly because he reminds me of the sad, needy "regulars" from my years working at a cafe. And the health inspector sucks but he's meant to suck.

Oh The Simpsons? Well the intro took place at Bob's Burgers so that was the best part, naturally.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Watch everything H Jon Benjamin is in" has never gone wrong for me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

"Watch everything H Jon Benjamin is in" has never gone wrong for me

I like the Arby's Commercials

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The best thing he ever did was the home Depot commercial with Nick Offerman

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

wrong it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyOxOyfX4uM&t=24s

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I don't like that movie

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's fine

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't like that movie

Wrongville called, and they want their Person Who Is Wrong back immediately.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I've always found it to be a very dull show. It's not painful to watch, but there's nothing about it that makes me want to watch it. There's a lot of jokes where my reaction is, "Yes, that certainly was an attempt at humor."

I 100% agree with you. I've given it several chances and I haven't found it funny or interesting at all.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
American Dad is still good but I think TBS is trying to kill it via scheduling

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Milo and POTUS posted:

American Dad is still good but I think TBS is trying to kill it via scheduling

They better be careful or Ricky Spanish will gently caress them up

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
did anyone say that the principal and the pauper is the start of the death spiral of the simpsons yet

Junk
Dec 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 minutes!

Clawtopsy posted:

did anyone say that the principal and the pauper is the start of the death spiral of the simpsons yet

no your the 1st

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Clawtopsy posted:

The decline of The Simpsons began on April 19th, 1987.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I like the cast and the writing for Bob's Burgers but god drat are the character designs ugly. Would it have killed them to have chins.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

lol but seriously I posted:

how much would it cost them to just hire the writing team of a currently good sitcom, have them knock out a season of whatever they're currently working on & then reskin all the characters as their nearest simpson analogue? how can you have so little interest in what you do for a living?

The Simpsons feels like a show that almost everyone knows is fairly stable, but it's not going to have the occasional SNL-like resurgence in popularity with just a few extremely popular episodes or segments.

I think that maybe makes people a little hesitant to put their A-game on the show because they're going to get as much out of it as if they'd use their B-material or effort. Better to save that material and energy for your personal pilot your going to try to sell to a network in the future.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Cosmik Slop posted:

I like the cast and the writing for Bob's Burgers but god drat are the character designs ugly. Would it have killed them to have chins.

They are literally puppets in cartoon form. Once I noticed that it was hard to let go of.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNOutomr5XI

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Cosmik Slop posted:

having them look dumpy and ugly was definitely deliberate

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's my excuse too

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Bob’s Burgers character design is a little ugly, but at least it’s distinct. Most adult animated shows have that very generic design with the huge round eyes so they can just move the eyelids and nothing else to express emotions. Examples: Rick and Morty’s human characters, Big Mouth other than the fact that they have a big mouth.

Bob’s Burgers also reasonably animates the characters and they don’t just snap from pose to pose while otherwise standing stiff as a board.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I've seen one episode of bob's burgers. Where the rival Italian place opens up and takes the customers. I didn't really care for the show. Does it get any better than that?

I like Bojack Horseman which I initially thought was really stupid with the animal horse and people but once you get beyond that it's really good. I'd rate it as the best animated show currently on. Though everyone is crazy for rick and morty bojack is surprisingly good.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

DropsySufferer posted:

I've seen one episode of bob's burgers. Where the rival Italian place opens up and takes the customers. I didn't really care for the show. Does it get any better than that?

I like Bojack Horseman which I initially thought was really stupid with the animal horse and people but once you get beyond that it's really good. I'd rate it as the best animated show currently on. Though everyone is crazy for rick and morty bojack is surprisingly good.

R&M is entertaining but pretty superficial

Bojack can be extremely bleak at times but it's a better show. My favorite parts are when anthropomorphic animals are still doing animal things in the background

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Venture Bros is the best cartoon on TV*

*every 2 years

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

If we're lucky.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bojack Horseman is okay but I personally found the whole depressed rich people thing to get obnoxious pretty quick. The characters are all extremely unlikable.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I like Bojack well enough, but it really needs the next season to be the last, it's kind of wearing out its welcome.

Also Moral Orel did the same shtick as it but better years ago.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bojack Horseman is okay but I personally found the whole depressed rich people thing to get obnoxious pretty quick. The characters are all extremely unlikable.

They're depressed rich people because that's the point - money doesn't solve problems or buy happiness. If your takeaway is "why does Bojack have depression when he's rich and famous?" then you don't understand depression.

That said, the show being super depressing is a bit over-hyped. The vast majority of it is absurd and silly, there's just a handful of emotional gut punches sprinkled in.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

DropsySufferer posted:

Bob's picked up for some time through season 1 and hit a good stride in 2 for me.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'll have to check out Bob's Burgers. Goons got me to watch Archer and that was pretty good.

I'd never even heard of Bojack Horseman.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

They're depressed rich people because that's the point - money doesn't solve problems or buy happiness. If your takeaway is "why does Bojack have depression when he's rich and famous?" then you don't understand depression.

That said, the show being super depressing is a bit over-hyped. The vast majority of it is absurd and silly, there's just a handful of emotional gut punches sprinkled in.

Admittedly I guess I’m just being a salty poor depressed person.:smith:

I don’t really care for the silly stuff in the show either. Aaron Paul’s character is loving terrible monkey cheese.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I like the silly stuff the best.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
A horse gets hosed up to Death Grips which was pretty dope.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phlegmish posted:

I'll have to check out Bob's Burgers. Goons got me to watch Archer and that was pretty good.

Watch the episode where they trick the youngest kid by putting on elaborate halloween prank.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don’t really care for the silly stuff in the show either. Aaron Paul’s character is loving terrible monkey cheese.

Yeah and it gets worse the longer it goes on. Literally clown dentists

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Bojack "free churro" legit made me cry and laugh in the same monologue.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bojack Horseman is my favorite show of all time but it’s 100% sadguy wank material for existentialist nerds who cannot get their poo poo together.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Big Mouth is pretty good except for the coach character who renders it nearly unwatchable.

Venture Brothers is always great, but I feel like it's been putting its head progressively further up its own rear end for the past two seasons. I like that it has big, long-term plots, but they've been driving the plot forward without remembering that it's supposed to be funny, too. The latest season was fantastic in the art and and story department, but not particularly funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

Bojack Horseman is my favorite show of all time but it’s 100% sadguy wank material for existentialist nerds who cannot get their poo poo together.

me too and lol