Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

qkkl posted:

Couldn't the pilots just join a union? I'm sure all pilots threatening a strike to ground all flights will get the capitalists to pay attention to their woes.

Saint Reagan is praised by assholes because he busted the unions of this very industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Shame Boy posted:

I don't know, wikipedia's example where they reverse the letters too made it easy enough. Like I didn't read it quite as fast but it's literally the first time I've tried and it didn't seem particularly difficult. Maybe I'm just weird :shrug:

plus you could just do
bǝbnɒʜ Ɉʇǝl ǝnil Ɉxǝn ǝʜɈ
makes the whole thing easier
ɿǝvǝ ʞni bǝϱbõmƨ ǝɿom on
e: lol the forums can't not gently caress up the encoding anyway so whatever

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qkkl posted:

Couldn't the pilots just join a union? I'm sure all pilots threatening a strike to ground all flights will get the capitalists to pay attention to their woes.

ronnie ray-gun happened

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Wasabi the J posted:

Saint Reagan is praised by assholes because he busted the unions of this very industry.

What a duplicitous poo poo heel. He had their backing on the campaign trail for promising to help improve their conditions if elected.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Marenghi posted:

That’s Ryanair the low cost airline. They treat their customers like cattle and their employees no better. But you can fly internationally with them for cheaper than a regional bus ticket. And apparently is a good way to get your foot in the door of the flight industry.

Apparently what happened was the affiliates hotels were full and Ryanair were too cheap to pay for non-affiliated hotel.

Absolute poo poo tier airline. They advertise really low fares but thats because they nickle and dime the poo poo out of you on all kind of fees and services later. They aren't the worst, as I recall some airline from Mexico wants to do away with seats completely and have passengers stand the entire flight like its a subway... which I think would make turbulence or a bumpy landing hilarious if you ask me.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Blackchamber posted:

Absolute poo poo tier airline. They advertise really low fares but thats because they nickle and dime the poo poo out of you on all kind of fees and services later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVASZ2lCY5Y

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Marenghi posted:

What a duplicitous poo poo heel. He had their backing on the campaign trail for promising to help improve their conditions if elected.

Lol that was loving dumb of them

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Marenghi posted:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/347840-labor-department-names-ronald-reagan-to-hall-of-honor

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Blackchamber posted:

Absolute poo poo tier airline. They advertise really low fares but thats because they nickle and dime the poo poo out of you on all kind of fees and services later. They aren't the worst, as I recall some airline from Mexico wants to do away with seats completely and have passengers stand the entire flight like its a subway... which I think would make turbulence or a bumpy landing hilarious if you ask me.

Pretty sure Ryanair and easyjet floated that idea as well.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

As a tall person I might actually prefer standing to the cramped quarters of your average airline seat of it was 3 hours or less

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Don't get me wrong though I would prefer we nationalized the airline industry and made the seats more tolerable or something

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
as a short person id prefer not to have to spend 3 hours with my face in someones butt

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Some people would pay good money for that

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
bring back zeppelin cruises I don't care if it takes a loving week to get there

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

As a tall person I might actually prefer standing to the cramped quarters of your average airline seat of it was 3 hours or less

love to recreate dominos with people every time we land.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Just stuff enough of em in that no movement is possible.

Hey presto, more punters more safer, gimme a million dollars

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

Just stuff enough of em in that no movement is possible.

Hey presto, more punters more safer, gimme a million dollars

I know the rest of the UK is jealous of the tube, buddy, but this isn't the best way to simulate it.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Jesus Christ...good thing climate change will wipe out our species.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Edit out 'love' and it's fairly accurate.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Blackchamber posted:

vivaaerobus, where buying a ticket is like navigating a minefield of terrible, terrible "upgrades"

and they used to be even worse, they would way oversell planes and then tell anyone who shows up after the plane is full that they were too late and now their hosed

honestly im surprised there isnt an equivalent in the us already

babypolis has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Oct 16, 2018

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Miftan posted:

love to recreate dominos with people every time we land.

I mean, you'd assume there would be some kind of bracing or harnessing system, right? Like a standing analog of a seat belt?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

just make sure you jump and tuck your knees in while the plane lands

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Mr. Lobe posted:

I mean, you'd assume there would be some kind of bracing or harnessing system, right? Like a standing analog of a seat belt?

That's require a backboard or something which would probably take up a bunch of space.

Just some straps like subways and maybe a space for the not yet cripples to park their chair.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Marenghi posted:

patco got what was comin to em imo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Put everyone in a baby style harness. They can spend the flight dangling and jumping

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I see, if all US pilots went on strike then US military pilots would be brought in to fly the planes. Now that I think about it, any strike can ultimately be defeated by having military personnel do the work of the striking workers. And if the military goes on the strike, well the capitalists really hosed up then.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mr. Lobe posted:

I can't even fully stand up in the seating area, are you assuming the overhead luggage goes away in this scenario/it's all as high as the aisles? Because I'm almost certain that'd be 3 hours of you hunching over.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
just knock me out and throw me into the cargo hold

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Coolness Averted posted:

I can't even fully stand up in the seating area, are you assuming the overhead luggage goes away in this scenario/it's all as high as the aisles? Because I'm almost certain that'd be 3 hours of you hunching over.

I mean, they'd have to, right? ... right?

I guess I didn't think my mild acquiescence through too well...

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

WampaLord posted:

he's trying to distract from an actual issue with a dumb snipe/joke about bad grammar and it's the most :rolleyes: annoying loving poo poo

is actually funny though

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

succ posted:

repost but my mood:

:(

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

in Europe if your plane is later than 3 hours you get €250-400 compensation

in the US you’re lucky not to get beaten unconscious by the flight security

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
That compensation is per person. I know someone who’s flight back from a family holiday was delayed. 2 parents and 3 children at 300 each. It basically covered the cost of the holiday.

For the faults of the EU it does a lot of regulation right.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

qkkl posted:

I see, if all US pilots went on strike then US military pilots would be brought in to fly the planes. Now that I think about it, any strike can ultimately be defeated by having military personnel do the work of the striking workers. And if the military goes on the strike, well the capitalists really hosed up then.

And if the cops go on strike they get replaced with under-funded but better trained violent douchebags, but still less likely to shoot an unarmed black dude?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jel Shaker posted:

I did not know this

woah

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=90jSUe_vdhM

I had a little chuckle to myself when I remembered one of the worst ceo apology interviews following that incident, he accidentally revealed he was a psychopath without empathy or contrition

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jel Shaker posted:

You're lucky if you do, or you won't be able to get any sleep at all!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss%27s_Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Marenghi posted:

Apparently a bunch of unions are backing the republican congressman running in Nebraska so lol