Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

KoB posted:

Just recently binged through this and I didnt want to just emptyquote
PIG ASSAULT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This manga needs more muscle mice.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Do we know when the anime is happening?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Google says April!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're all good boys and girls.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/457398/1

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone find me someone in this series to hate, because I am struggling to do anything but enjoy everyone

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

man I'm glad I stuck with this series because it got real good, real fast once it hit its stride. the cast is super charming

Shinjobi posted:

Someone find me someone in this series to hate, because I am struggling to do anything but enjoy everyone

muzan, the bad guy?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Manatee Cannon posted:

muzan, the bad guy?

I'm giving him time to surprise me

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

I laughed harder at this page than I have in a while with any other manga. Kanroji has completely stolen the spotlight as my favorite character! She and Tanjirou are so pure and good it hurts :3:.

Shinjobi posted:

I feel exactly the same way. Pretty much every major character that's been introduced became super endearing almost immediately. The character writing is absolutely phenomenal and the author is still doing a great job of making Muzan seem mysterious and completely terrifying, to both the Demon Hunters and even the demons themselves.

And not to be a downer but much like Rengoku's death, others that will probably happen are going to hit me really, really hard... But that can be attributed to just how well the author brings everyone to life.

Inosuke might still be the best though

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Kanroji is the best. Reminds me of any time the main duo in Haikyuu try to explain what they're going.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The downtime chapters with all of the facefaults and simplified designs are really fun and really needed considering how insanely grim it gets when everyone starts fighting.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The snake looking at Kanroji, just like "..." :allears:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i feel that pot guy was defeated a little TOO easily

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Relin posted:

i feel that pot guy was defeated a little TOO easily
He was defeated by snark

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be fair Tokito is supposed to be a super genius, he's like the youngest Pillar + is a heir to the Sun Breath + he killed (well, incapacitated long enough for the sun to kill) a demon when he was young without the proper weapons or training.

I do think the remaining 3 Upper Moons are gonna be a whole other level though.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Inosuke is so powerful that even just a single panel appearance completely dominates the entire chapter

KoB
May 1, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Boss Inosuke is so powerful that even just a single panel appearance completely dominates the entire chapter

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I love this dumb muscle brained cutie.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hopefully next arc features more of everyones favorite good good pig boy.

I guess they'll probably just set a big trap for Muzan and his moons, since they know they've got what he wants now. Wouldn't be surprised if the next arc is the last one.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Begemot posted:

Hopefully next arc features more of everyones favorite good good pig boy.

I guess they'll probably just set a big trap for Muzan and his moons, since they know they've got what he wants now. Wouldn't be surprised if the next arc is the last one.

I'd hope not, the second Upper Moon seems to be some sorta cult leader, would be nice if we reversed the format and had the slayers mounting an invasion instead.

EDIT: I guess the fight with Daki was sort of like an invasion but it was more of a scouting mission turned demon slaying, I think?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And how the hell did the Upper Moons find the super secret smithing location?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they now have several reasons for the remaining pillars to hang out with tanjirou, which is very good

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Grouchio posted:

And how the hell did the Upper Moons find the super secret smithing location?

that's presumably the information that Gyokko had, as him and Hantengu attacked after the last meeting of the upper moons

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think it was incidental? Gyokko brags to Muzan that he thinks he has a lead on the Blue Spider Lily he needs for his medicine and the swordsmith village just happened to be there.

KoB
May 1, 2009
New chapter, new pig assault

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder who'll be training Tanjirou this time?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Here's a link: https://mangadex.org/chapter/459810/1

Inosuke continues to be the best, but I love the blacksmith guy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Quoting from Season thread:

Wark Say posted:

I don't know if anyone posted this but, for the upcoming anime adaptation of Kimetsu no Yaiba, voice actors for Tanjirou and Nezuko have been announced. Now the question/wait becomes: Who's going to play Inosuke?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://mangadex.org/chapter/464092/1

Looks like a setup for allout war, and kind of a weird aside? Strange thing to bring up now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Getting cast in anime to just do grunts and other noises must be pretty sweet

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of actresses are actually fairly good at making those little noises count like crazy. Tomoyo Kurosawa (Phos in Land of the Lustrous and Kumiko in Sound! Euphonium) is super good at making little noises and expressions sell her characters super well. Hell, I originally thought "Aoi Yuuki would be perfect for Nezuko".

Like, Natsuki Hanae felt like a complete "duh!" casting because he, like the dude who voices Deku in MHA and Narancia in GioGio, just has a very natural boyish voice and he can do the "Incredibly endearing dork" (which seems like it'd be necessary for a proper Tanjiro) voice super well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUYWGsUzgTU

But the lady who's going to be voicing Nezuko hasn't done anything that grabbed me that strongly, outside of the cute gamer maid in Blend S, which was cute but not all that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter!!!!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/468541/1

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sorta surprised that the arc is already over but then again, this series really isn't afraid to just keep trucking on forward.

That sudden eating contest was hilarious though.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

steadily_increasing_good_boy.jpg

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
The sudden soba eating contest is exactly why I love this manga. It's not afraid to mix the serious and plot-forwarding elements with a bit of fun.
It doesn't need to be big, chapter-long gags. Just a few panels of fun, paired with this art style, really brings a chapter together.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Autonomous Monster posted:

steadily_increasing_good_boy.jpg

HOW THE HELL CAN HE BE SUCH A NICE BOY? :kimchi:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the art style is so cute when it wants to be

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

the art style is so cute when it wants to be
The changes in the style are probably one of the best things about the series. Tanjirou really is the best. I hope the anime doesn't mess that up, but Ufotable has the chops to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Alright, who wants the av?

(Chapter's out.)

Tanjiro's "Yeah buddy, I hate you too!" face is great.