Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Digirat posted:

Kill ADVENT eventually, but kill nazis first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Did andromedons' acid bombs always shred armor? I vaguely remember dominating one in vanilla, and it didn't.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Are there any news of future DLCs or are they done with this game until X-Com 3?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Digirat posted:

They’re a militant drive-thru union

THEY'RE TAKIN OVER THE MCDONALDS

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Are there any news of future DLCs or are they done with this game until X-Com 3?

honestly we were all a little gobsmacked that they released this one so :shrug:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If the wait until the next game is the same as the gap between Enemy Within and XCOM 2, then we can expect XCOM 3 around 2020.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The sectopod in the penultimate lily mission keeps kool-aid manning the thing I'm supposed to protect

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I just noticed the snake tits thing. I never noticed even though I put 47 hours into my playthrough.

This does so much to explain all those memes from the WoW thread. I had to double check and the concept art is :birddrugs:

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Digirat posted:

Beagle streams every weekend and on mondays.

he just played through It came from the sea and spent 181 turns in the first mission

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

brakeless posted:

he just played through It came from the sea and spent 181 turns in the first mission

Does the early bird bonus start subtracting points?

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Digirat posted:

Beagle streams every weekend and on mondays.

Is it on Twitch? Because I only checked his YouTube channel and the last video is from a year ago. I don't like Twitch :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

brakeless posted:

I didn't watch that but I don't disbelieve it

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

I just noticed the snake tits thing. I never noticed even though I put 47 hours into my playthrough.
i think i need you to post in my threads more often, you also posted like this in the rimworld thread and it was a magical two weeks or so

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Furism posted:

Is it on Twitch? Because I only checked his YouTube channel and the last video is from a year ago. I don't like Twitch :(

Yes, the channel is beagsandjam

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Furism posted:

Is there a really good LP for the legacy missions already? I usually like xwynns (and of course Beagle when he was alive - what happened to him?).

ChristopherOdd is working through them too, generally does about one mission a day, he's on It Came From The Sea right now.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So I usually favour the Posterize filter in the photobooth, but I have to admit that sometimes Noir is just insanely loving on point.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

My most awesome ever random generated soldier got a bitchin' random generated promotion poster :black101:

brakeless posted:

FFS Beagle. That has to be close to his 6-hour supply ship LW mission.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Lima posted:

now to be fair, the turns kinda fly by when you're trying to kill like 10 lids with a single templar

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lima posted:

My most awesome ever random generated soldier got a bitchin' random generated promotion poster :black101:

He had a campaign ending 8-hour landed large a few weeks ago

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Other highlights:

-getting bradford surrounded by a cluster of 6 chryssalids at once due to rampant charging into the fog, before grappling him out and shredder gunning the entire blob

-Killing two mutons and dropping both a berserker and an andromedon to super low health with one single sword attack into the group from stealth, thanks to bladestorm

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Digirat posted:

Other highlights:

-getting bradford surrounded by a cluster of 6 chryssalids at once due to rampant charging into the fog, before grappling him out and shredder gunning the entire blob

-Killing two mutons and dropping both a berserker and an andromedon to super low health with one single sword attack into the group from stealth, thanks to bladestorm

Time stamps please?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I only just now discovered how awesome mimic grenades are when I was forced to engaged 3 pods at once at basically point blank range with only low cover around, consisting of a total of:

• 2 beserkers
  • 1 codex
  • 1 advent stun lancer
  • 1 advent MEC
  • 1 advent priest
  • 1 advent captain
  • 2 advent troopers

I only killed one of the troopers on the initial turn, the rest was spent dropping a flashbang, a mimic beacon and hacking the MEC, which just barely managed to soak up all the enemy attacks until the next turn at the cost of the MEC going down. I was fortunate enough that the priest used holy warrior on one of the zerkers, so when my Templar shanked him next turn, the zerker went down as well. The rest of the second turn was spent taking out all but the codex, the remaining zerker and the stun lancer, but a second mimic beacon kept them occupied for another turn.

That engagement was a nightmare and I can't believe I walked out of it without a scratch.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Luceid posted:

Make sure your faster avenger menus is the WOTC version, as this caused a similar crash in a similar place for me.

Sadly that doesn't seem to be it, nor the Retroactive AWC. It's very consistent in crashing just before you gain control doing Gatecrasher. Guess I'll just have to start going through them all piecemeal again.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

brakeless posted:

And somehow still got Gold even tho everyone died in the first mission.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
If I've just installed the WotC and Legacy DLCs, should I be seeing anything from the main menu or is it accessible from inside a campaign?

I haven't played in a while so I don't have an old save - the game thinks I'm a totally new player.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Legacy Hub will be on the main menu, while stuff like changing the soundtrack is an option when you launch a game.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ah, I got the game working. It looks like it didn't like roboJumper's squad select as I only removed a couple other things, but once I turned that off it worked fine.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Are you using the wotc version of Robojumper's squad select? I've been using that fine.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

marshmallow creep posted:

Legacy Hub will be on the main menu, while stuff like changing the soundtrack is an option when you launch a game.

Totally missed the toggle option on the launch menu. Thanks.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:zoid: used the time code once, and this is where he landed.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ccubed posted:

Time stamps please?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/323211995?t=05h15m45s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/323211995?t=05h52m27s

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I'm having random crashes in the game, it just quits, don't know if it's mod related or something else, don't know much about mods but if anyone knows of any incompatibility or mod that's working wonky in this list I would appreciate the help:

code:
Unsorted (17):
	X2WOTCCommunityHighlander                        	X2WOTCCommunityHighlander       	1134256495 	
	[WotC] Mod Config Menu                           	ModConfigMenu                   	667104300  	
	Maps by Vozati [WotC Edition]                    	MapsbyVozatiChosenEdition       	1132904326 	
	[WOTC] EC PCP's                                  	ECPCP                           	1445759653 	
	Free Camera Rotation                             	FreeCameraRotation              	616359783  	
	Scientist Staff Slots: WotC Edition              	ScientistStaffSlotsWotC         	1123056484 	
	Missing Packages Fix + Resource                  	Missing_FX_Package_Resource     	1124064427 	
	Chosen Dark Events Fix                           	ChosenDarkEventsFix             	1126771111 	
	More Cities WotC                                 	MoreCitiesWotC                  	1131405167 	
	DLC Breakthroughs Support                        	SPARKWeaponBreakthroughs        	1133948306 	
	Armor Breakthroughs Increase Armor               	ArmorBreakthroughsIncreaseArmor 	1138806343 	
	[WOTC] Carry Unit Fix                            	WotCCarryUnitFix                	1378606631 	
	Tower Detection Fix [WOTC]                       	TowerDetectionFixWOTC           	1437605946 	
	[WotC] Instant Loot                              	WOTCInstantLoot                 	1440233515 	
	[WOTC] SPARK Repair Fix                          	SPARKRepairFix                  	1440747908 	
	WOTC Female Hair Pack                            	WOTC_Hair_Pack                  	1471399748 	
	More armor colors                                	Morearmorcolors                 	629604401  	

Customization (6):
	[Customisation Set] Im Too Fancy For Thouse Ayys 	ImTooFancyForThouseAyys         	616824432  	
	Beaver's Custom Stuff - WOTC                     	Beaver'sCustomStuff-WOTC        	1125663622 	
	Capnbubs Accessories - WotC                      	CapnbubsAccessories-WotC        	1123427895 	
	Free the Hood - WotC                             	FreetheHood-WotC                	1131287172 	
	Resistance Tattoos [WOTC]                        	ResistanceTattoos[WOTC]         	1476969624 	
	More clothes options (and other stuffs)          	Moreclothes                     	673627042  	

Gameplay (6):
	[WotC] Better Grappling!                         	GrappleFix                      	1486607466 	
	[WotC] Gotcha Again                              	WOTCGotchaAgain                 	1124288875 	
	Hack Plus - WotC                                 	HackPlus-WotC                   	1125703954 	
	[WOTC] Stabilize Me                              	WotC_StabilizeMe                	1380625450 	
	[WOTC] Infinite Starting Items                   	InfiniteStartingItems           	1498122308 	
	Evac All - WotC                                  	EvacAll_WotC                    	1126395106 	

UI (12):
	[WOTC] Cost-Based Ability Colors                 	WOTC_CostBasedAbilityColors     	1289686596 	
	[WOTC] Extended Personnel Info                   	ExtendedPersonnelInfo           	1458945379 	
	WotC: robojumper's Squad Select                  	robojumperSquadSelect_WotC      	1122974240 	
	[WOTC] Show Health Values                        	ShowHealthValuesWOTC            	1123174832 	
	Instant Avenger Menus - WotC                     	InstantAvengerMenus             	1124410215 	
	[WOTC] New Promotion Screen by Default           	NewPromotionScreenbyDefault     	1124609091 	
	[WOTC] Detailed Soldier Lists                    	DetailedSoldierListWOTC         	1128263618 	
	[WOTC] New Target Icons                          	WOTCNewTargetIcons              	1384631824 	
	Stop Wasting My Time - WotC                      	StopWastingMyTime               	620600092  	
	WOTC - Extended Information!                     	WOTC_DisplayHitChance           	1183444470 	
	Yet Another F1                                   	YetAnotherF1                    	934236622  	
	Smooth Scrolling                                 	SmoothScrolling                 	957580056  	

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i know we're all on a legacy xcom2 kick right now, but i've just gone back to openxcom with the huge mod extension pack. It's actually been really fun, i've just had a terror mission in month 9 against anthropods and spitters. they did really great work on the sprites for them they actually look threatening rather than the goofy Apocalypse fleshsacks.

I've been looking around the steam community for xcom2 WoTC mods, are there any thatoverhaul the gameplay significantly? i know Long war pre-WoTC was a bit of a slog, but in my last xcom2 playthrough i felt like there could have been some neat things done with loot drops etc like finding a super rare RNG rifle or something

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Adnor posted:

And somehow still got Gold even tho everyone died in the first mission.

Did he do that "sit there on the extraction mission farming spawns" thing?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Bruceski posted:

Did he do that "sit there on the extraction mission farming spawns" thing?

Nah, he even refused to get extra points by killing an alien at the end. It was just dumb luck.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Thing about the Legacy Missions is you advance the tech tree so quickly it feels like there's more payoff for persistence. That notification of getting points every time you kill something doesn't hurt my positive reinforcement either.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

The common denominator for most of the mod-related crashes is [WotC] Mod Config Menu

Excellent mod, but afaik hasn't been updated since TLE and has broken something in the update process and crashes in different places depending on what other mods you have installed. The biggest changes TLE made were to the menus/UI so I think something about the scripting is fucky.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

busb posted:

I've been looking around the steam community for xcom2 WoTC mods, are there any thatoverhaul the gameplay significantly? i know Long war pre-WoTC was a bit of a slog, but in my last xcom2 playthrough i felt like there could have been some neat things done with loot drops etc like finding a super rare RNG rifle or something

Sounds to me like you should give Grimy's Loot Mod a spin.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Nordick posted:

Sounds to me like you should give Grimy's Loot Mod a spin.

Can confirm that Grimy's Loot Mod is The poo poo. Especially since it plays well with Resistance Firearms. The game will quickly break in half if you roll Adaptive Weapon Mods as a research bonus though. You can have, for example, a sniper rifle with one round that still does more damage and crit chance than a fully-upgraded bolt caster. Or a shotgun that never has to reload, or some kind of action-economy-ruining cannon monstrosity that lets you fire off 6 high-crit shots a turn with free Bluescreen rounds on top. Hand them out to your squad of rookies and watch them kick a Sectopod's rear end. However, if this sounds like a bad thing, you may hate fun.

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 17, 2018

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Doomsayer posted:

Can confirm that Grimy's Loot Mod is The poo poo. Especially since it plays well with Resistance Firearms. The game will quickly break in half if you roll Adaptive Weapon Mods as a research bonus though. You can have, for example, a sniper rifle with one round that still does more damage and crit chance than a fully-upgraded bolt caster. Or a shotgun that never has to reload, or some kind of action-economy-ruining cannon monstrosity that lets you fire off 6 high-crit shots a turn with free Bluescreen rounds on top. Hand them out to your squad of rookies and watch them kick a Sectopod's rear end. However, if this sounds like a bad thing, you may hate fun.

Sounds sweet, but i'm guessing you'd have to supplement it with some sort of improved enemy progression to not break the game too quickly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

busb posted:

Sounds sweet, but i'm guessing you'd have to supplement it with some sort of improved enemy progression to not break the game too quickly?

A good go-to for amping up enemy difficulty is the WotC edition of A Better ADVENT. Even ignoring the AI changes and all the different variations of stuff that can show up, the addition of Primes in the late game which act like pseudo-Rulers (in that they get one action every time they take damage... but only when they take damage, though they get a normal turn on the Alien's turn too) shakes things up considerably.

You have not known true fear until you have found yourself staring down a Sectopod Prime that you are woefully ill-prepared for.