Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Chael did a post fight interview on ESPN, seems to have taken the loss well and some of his points were pretty valid from what I saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INRS9O6CDHg

Chael is rad. "He hit me so hard. He was faster. I didn't even see some of the punches. You can't turtle in a ball like that. I didn't know I was in a ball like a fool until I just saw that."

I liked the after fight interview too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

B-League MMA: I was doing better in my head than what you showed me on the tape

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chael is definitely a weirdo but he is definitely willing to take chances in talking about himself.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Yeah but he's an ESPN dweeb now. So he's a big league dweeb.

I will argue rather that ESPN is dweebier and smaller for having him, rather than that Ariel is bigger and less dweeby.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

he has the unique experience of getting his rear end kicked by Silva, Jones & Fedor

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

handsome only face posted:

he has the unique experience of getting his rear end kicked by Silva, Jones & Fedor

10 of his last 11 fights are against former or future Pride or UFC champions.

In his career he has fought champions: Forrest Griffin (L), Anderson Silva (L,L), Michael Bisping (W), Jon Jones (L), Shogun (W), Rashad (L), Tito Ortiz (L), Wanderlei (W), Rampage (W), and Fedor (L)

And title contenders Jeremy Horn (L,L,L), Renato Sobral (L), Demian Maia (L), Yushin Okami (W), Nate Marquardt (W)

Oleksiy Oliynyk (W) also stands out in his record, as does USADA (L).

In other words, Chael owns

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

CommonShore posted:

10 of his last 11 fights are against former or future Pride or UFC champions.

In his career he has fought champions: Forrest Griffin (L), Anderson Silva (L,L), Michael Bisping (W), Jon Jones (L), Shogun (W), Rashad (L), Tito Ortiz (L), Wanderlei (W), Rampage (W), and Fedor (L)

And title contenders Jeremy Horn (L,L,L), Renato Sobral (L), Demian Maia (L), Yushin Okami (W), Nate Marquardt (W)

Oleksiy Oliynyk (W) also stands out in his record, as does USADA (L).

In other words, Chael owns

:respek:

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

That fight was interesting because my buddy (big ole Fedor fan) came over to watch it with me (big ole Chael fan) and we both are keenly aware how past the prime our guy is so the whole fight is just us saying (with a sense of defeatism) "Oh gently caress, this is a really bad spot for him".

It was like..... reverse trash talking?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I just got around to watching Fedor vs Chael, and hoooly poo poo. Chael did not look like he belonged within a mile of that ring. He probably shouldn't have even been in the audience.

That two-piece that Fedor opened with was sick. The first one stunned Chael like something out of a video game. Chael paused for thirty frames, and Fedor unloaded the left.

Chael goes for the takedown, and Fedor reverse-Tony Fergusons Chael and winds up laying on top of him.

Fedor was throwing around Chael like a drunk uncle going a little too far wrestling with the kids at a family barbecue.

Finally, that roll... lol.

I cannot believe some of the beatings Chael manages to talk himself into. Is he still that good at promoting himself, or does Bellator just not have people who are both willing to fight Fedor, and also likely to lose to Fedor?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Chael has always faired horribly against heavier opponents. (Rashad, Jones, Tito) I've learned that if he is going up a weight class, just prepare for the worst.

I'm surprised he got past Fat-Page, as up until last night he said Rampage hit the hardest.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wasn't there a story making the rounds that Rampage doesn't really train anymore?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

coconono posted:

Wasn't there a story making the rounds that Rampage doesn't really train anymore?

a 265 lbs rampage jackson isn't seriously training?! Say it ain't so!

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

coconono posted:

About five years ago, yeah.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I remember when Rampage assured us that he was training seriously for Jones and 'had this' then awkwardly shuffled for 15 minutes before giving up his neck.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Snowman_McK posted:

I remember when Rampage assured us that he was training seriously for Jones and 'had this' then awkwardly shuffled for 15 minutes before giving up his neck.

I'm in the best shape of my life Rampage said before fighting Bader in Japan

Came in 7 lbs over.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Spheres are more aesthetically pleasing than shapes with many hard vertices is what he meant.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

super macho dude posted:

That match was everything I wanted it to be, now onto Bader grapplefucking Fedor into the side of the cage for the entire fight.

After watching his fight on Friday night, as bad as Mitrione is, I remember now why he was let go by the UFC.

and lol @ his stupid nickname. Sticking with it and adding light saber graphics now too. Hahaha. More like...

https://twitter.com/TheCaveman316/status/1050956357401239553

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Break weight classes into two divisions bombs and blankets

Let the wrestlers grapple each other for 15 minutes while nobody watches

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Hello I am proud dagestani muslim nationalist and ufc bomb champion khabib nurmageomedov here to fly to las vega - where are you taking me?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Hello I am proud dagestani muslim nationalist and ufc bomb champion khabib nurmageomedov here to fly to las vega - where are you taking me?

lol listen there are still wrinkles to iron out

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Underground King has returned to the underground (specifically a basement in Singapore).

https://twitter.com/YODCHATRI/status/1052038412172066817

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also the bout card for Tito/Chuck 3 is out.

PPV Main Card

Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz

Kenneth Bergh vs. Jorge Gonzalez

Gleison Tibau vs. Efrain Escudero

Walel Watson vs. Ricardo Palacios

Deron Winn vs. Tom Lawlor

Jay Silva vs. Oscar Cota

Swing Bouts

Albert Morales vs. Cleber Luciano

Jose Huerta vs. Fernie Garcia

Kendall Grove vs. Andre Walker

Dave Terrel vs. Johnny Cisneros

Craig Wilkerson vs. Joshua Jones

Westin Wilson vs. Mike Segura

Amateur Bouts

Isaiah Culpepper vs. Djavan Coleman

Joshua Kim vs. Geoffrey Thomas

Jonathan Kim vs. Mauro Gutierrez

Tyler Schafer vs. Maria Favela

Julianna Miller vs. Diana Mendoza

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mekchu posted:

PPV Main Card

I thought chuck and tito retired like 8 years ago. They were old back then.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ilmucche posted:

I thought chuck and tito retired like 8 years ago. They were old back then.

In the last 8 years tito has lost to Matt Hamill, Rashad Evans, Little Nog, Forrest, and someone named Liam McGeary and he has beat Ryan Bader, Alexander Shlemenko, Stephan Bonner, and Chael Sonnen.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Mr. Nice! posted:

In the last 8 years tito has lost to Matt Hamill, Rashad Evans, Little Nog, Forrest, and someone named Liam McGeary and he has beat Ryan Bader, Alexander Shlemenko, Stephan Bonner, and Chael Sonnen.

:psyboom:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Meanwhile Liddell's last fight was that one where broke Rich Franklin's arm in the first round, then Franklin knocked him out with the other arm

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DeathChicken posted:

Meanwhile Liddell's last fight was that one where broke Rich Franklin's arm in the first round, then Franklin knocked him out with the other arm

I just went to watch it again to verify. Breaks his left arm early in the round blocking kicks and then knocks him out with a right at the end.

Tito is going to win and it's not going to look pretty.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Mekchu posted:

The Underground King has returned to the underground (specifically a basement in Singapore).

https://twitter.com/YODCHATRI/status/1052038412172066817

God damnit, Eddie.

I'm glad he's getting paid or whatever, but the UFC LW division is so much better with him in it

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Cant wait for Eddie to do this to some poor schlub

https://twitter.com/asiammaofficial/status/1051674837586853888?s=19

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Jesus Christ, that's brutal.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that almost deserves a refereeing incompetence nom purely because the first one was so obviously a fight ending blow

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Mekchu posted:

PPV Main Card

Jay Silva vs. Oscar Cota

Swing Bouts

Albert Morales vs. Cleber Luciano

Jose Huerta vs. Fernie Garcia

Kendall Grove vs. Andre Walker

Dave Terrel vs. Johnny Cisneros

Craig Wilkerson vs. Joshua Jones

Westin Wilson vs. Mike Segura

Amateur Bouts

Isaiah Culpepper vs. Djavan Coleman

Joshua Kim vs. Geoffrey Thomas

Jonathan Kim vs. Mauro Gutierrez

Tyler Schafer vs. Maria Favela

Julianna Miller vs. Diana Mendoza

After the main event, that card falls off a loving cliff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tends to be the quality for Golden Boy shows, now it's just not boxing-exclusive anymore

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Gleison Tibau vs. Efrain Escudero looks like it fell out of the same time machine as Tito v Chuck

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Well, you got Filthy Tom. Does Kendall Grove still go by “Da Spyda”? If so, I want him to lose badly.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
DAAAAAGGGGEEERRRRR

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is Filthy Tom ducking a USADA ban or is he cleared now?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coconono posted:

i think he got released like the week before his suspension ran out, so hes probably good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

Cleared, UFC fired him within the month the suspension was going to be up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao

https://twitter.com/ChaelSonnen/status/1052438879591129088