Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

Make the title work like the crow and give it the white sloop back, and suddenly it's not bad at all

Give it a White sloop and a red sloop the other way. It's right turns being Red is just really harsh, it's makes you so vulnerable to stress. Then the title working like mouldy crow and you're close I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lol @ everyone who bought three JM5k's during first edition.

You all got proper Jedi Mind Tricked!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I only bought one, but I sure would like to be able to actually use it again. Dengar was cool. I'm not a fan of them intentionally designing an entire ship to basically be unplayable. Alex Davy kind of laughed about it on a stream and said he feels like any ship can be good at the right price, but the ship is vastly worse than a Shuttle right now. I'm honestly not sure it's fixable at any reasonable price without a massive change from a title.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The Gate posted:

I only bought one, but I sure would like to be able to actually use it again. Dengar was cool. I'm not a fan of them intentionally designing an entire ship to basically be unplayable. Alex Davy kind of laughed about it on a stream and said he feels like any ship can be good at the right price, but the ship is vastly worse than a Shuttle right now. I'm honestly not sure it's fixable at any reasonable price without a massive change from a title.

I have no idea how they could have sat down and thought , yes Han Solo in the Millennium Falcon, that feels like it's about 2 pts more than a Contracted Scout. At least let it turn it's loving turret without gaining stress, I think it's the only turreted ship just now that cannot simply turn it's turret as an action I think.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Aramoro posted:

I have no idea how they could have sat down and thought , yes Han Solo in the Millennium Falcon, that feels like it's about 2 pts more than a Contracted Scout. At least let it turn it's loving turret without gaining stress, I think it's the only turreted ship just now that cannot simply turn it's turret as an action I think.

And Han has a whole extra arc, another crew and a gunner slot
And, you know, a usable dial

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Simply put, the JM5k is probably the ship that got the single hardest hit by the 'nerf everything that war broken in 1e' bat. Which... to be honest I have very little issue with. The JM5k was also the single most nerfed ship in 1e and after ALL the nerfs was still one of the most efficient ships in the game and THE best blocker.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Simply put, the JM5k is probably the ship that got the single hardest hit by the 'nerf everything that war broken in 1e' bat. Which... to be honest I have very little issue with. The JM5k was also the single most nerfed ship in 1e and after ALL the nerfs was still one of the most efficient ships in the game and THE best blocker.

1e and 2e are effectively different games. They've just made a lovely unusable ship for 2e. This reasoning that it was too good in a totally different game is stupid.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

thespaceinvader posted:

Cool but like....I quit playing before that point really. A lot of people did. Having bad feels about a ship that was broken in what is effectively a different game and making it intentionally bad is stupid.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm not gonna argue, it is pretty stupid. I still don't have any issue with it.

Dengar is usable, but you basically have to treat him as a single front arc ship. If you use him that way he's honestly pretty buff. He's not at Boba levels versus much lower init ships- but he does out Init Boba, so...

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 16, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

No he’s bad because there’s no way to get him action economy. If fearless worked maybe.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

No he’s bad because there’s no way to get him action economy. If fearless worked maybe.

R3 Astromech works for him, but yeah, that is a bit penalty.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

R3 Astromech works for him, but yeah, that is a bit penalty.

I could see a case for this plus proton torps but you’d also have to buy the title to get the droid slot...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

I could see a case for this plus proton torps but you’d also have to buy the title to get the droid slot...

If you're playing Dengar you're buying the title.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

If you're playing Dengar you're buying the title.

Then you're going to be paying near a 100 pts for him rather than literally anyone else. Like 2 Tugboats have more gun, more health and better dials than Dengar.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Aramoro posted:

Then you're going to be paying near a 100 pts for him rather than literally anyone else. Like 2 Tugboats have more gun, more health and better dials than Dengar.

I'm not disagreeing. But your two tugboats don't have more gun, if you fly him correctly. They fire twice with two dice with a maximum of one mod each, he fires twice with three dice with a maximum of one mod each.

The second shot is a HUGE advantage, and a 3+ die double tap is only otherwise possible with Rebel Han Gunner AND Roark in the same list AFAIK.

He's definitely overpriced, don't get me wrong, but he's a lot less overpriced than the other Jumps.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm not disagreeing. But your two tugboats don't have more gun, if you fly him correctly. They fire twice with two dice with a maximum of one mod each, he fires twice with three dice with a maximum of one mod each.

The second shot is a HUGE advantage, and a 3+ die double tap is only otherwise possible with Rebel Han Gunner AND Roark in the same list AFAIK.

He's definitely overpriced, don't get me wrong, but he's a lot less overpriced than the other Jumps.

You don't need Roark for the double tap with Han do you?

I mean Boba can double tap with the Gunner and at least you dont need someone to shoot you to activate it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

I can agree with that.

Before it was clarified that fearless doesn’t work, I had a decent build with Dengar/Fearless/R3 flown with boba and L337.

I always got his value, but mostly by just ramming the entire list right down people’s throats.

Losing Fearless made the offense too variable. I stopped reliably trading him for stuff.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Aramoro posted:

You don't need Roark for the double tap with Han do you?

I mean Boba can double tap with the Gunner and at least you dont need someone to shoot you to activate it.

When I say double tap, I mean double tap *the same target*

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

lazerus06 posted:

I bought a set of these tokens and love them. They are currently sold out though...

https://burgertokens.com/products/x-wing-miniatures-20

looks like burgers are back on the menu boys!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

banned from Starbucks posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Bye, bye 30 quid

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Raged posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Bye, bye 30 quid

dont forget the discount! TAKEMETOBURGERTOWN

agscala
Jul 12, 2008

Let me know if you guys have any questions about our stuff @ Burger Tokens.

Also wow you guys are fast. One person from SA somehow bought some in the brief window before I sent the email to our mailing list.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

dont forget the discount! TAKEMETOBURGERTOWN

Oh I did. Shipping to Australia made it 30ish total.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Are these going to sell out before I can arrange a group buy at league on Thursday, you reckon?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Well, I don't play X-wing a whole lot anymore and I have some acrylic tokens from 1.0 that look nice...

But the burger tokens look too drat nice, and a league is kicking up on Thursday at the FLGS. Ordered.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Is there any way to order a set of only the burger turns that should be on circular bases? I really like the circle/square, end of turn dynamic, but I also like the look of these a lot.

Edit: oh, looks like the way they're made the answer is tragically no

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Since they're basically a beefed up sticker I think you could just put them on square washers.

There would be metal overhang, but you'd still get the circle/square effect.

agscala
Jul 12, 2008

hoiyes posted:

Are these going to sell out before I can arrange a group buy at league on Thursday, you reckon?

You should be fine. There has been a lot more orders than we expected but not enough to put us out of stock by the end of the week.

Signal posted:

Is there any way to order a set of only the burger turns that should be on circular bases? I really like the circle/square, end of turn dynamic, but I also like the look of these a lot.

Edit: oh, looks like the way they're made the answer is tragically no

For what it's worth, even though our tokens are round, the art on each token has a border that matches the shape of the cardboard token.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Awesome! I bought an upgrade kit to round out the initial set I bought.

Over the weekend I had a chance to choose some acrylic tokens from winning a tournament. I didn't take them b/c everything else doesn't look as good as the burger tokens.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I want to do Oicunn up right. However, I can't think of anything else to put on Decimator instead of having the extra TIE. (Pretty sure I stole this list from someone itt, btw)

Captain Oicunn (84)
Intimidation (3)
Dauntless (6)

“Whisper” (52)
Juke (4)
Darth Vader (14)
Stealth Device (6)

Academy Pilot (23)

Total: 192

I was thinking maybe 0-0-0 and Death Troopers.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

A force point will help a lot. Lock + force is solid modification.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I'm gonna try this out.

Captain Oicunn (84)
Intimidation (3)
Seventh Sister (12)
0-0-0 (3)
Veteran Turret Gunner (8)
Shield Upgrade (3)
Dauntless (6)

“Whisper” (52)
Juke (4)
Darth Vader (14)
Stealth Device (6)

Total: 195

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby
Thanks burger tokens and curled paw creations for letting me use my wallet to tell FFG, gently caress you for not including everything in the conversion kits!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Mexicola posted:

Thanks burger tokens and curled paw creations for letting me use my wallet to tell FFG, gently caress you for not including everything in the conversion kits!

Yes you sure showed FFG by buying their stuff and then by buying other stuff from other people that FFG doesn't even sell themselves. Kick rear end!

Finster Dexter posted:

I'm gonna try this out.

Captain Oicunn (84)
Intimidation (3)
Seventh Sister (12)
0-0-0 (3)
Veteran Turret Gunner (8)
Shield Upgrade (3)
Dauntless (6)

“Whisper” (52)
Juke (4)
Darth Vader (14)
Stealth Device (6)

Total: 195

I really don't like Veteran Turret Gunner except on Y-Wings. I think I've used it once anywhere else. There just aren't many situations in which your bowtie turret ship is both alive and has people in arc on both sides.

Minister Tua, on the other hand, is godlike on Decimators.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I think I found the new party bus load out.

Trandoshan Slaver

Jabba the Hutt
Lando Calrissian
Contraband Cybernetics

Jabba plus CC is really strong. You can do red moves and still get actions for five rounds. By time you run out of CC charges you’re either winning or the ship is dead.

Lando lets you reinforce every round and then spend it to re roll.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Played my first few games of 2.0. So far it feels way better than end of 1.0 did.

I ran this and won both my games. X wings are so much fun now.

T-65 X-wing - •Luke Skywalker - 76
•Luke Skywalker - Red Five (62)
R4 Astromech (2)
Supernatural Reflexes (12)
Servomotor S-foils (Open) (0)

T-65 X-wing - •Wedge Antilles - 60
•Wedge Antilles - Red Two (52)
Outmaneuver (6)
R4 Astromech (2)
Servomotor S-foils (Open) (0)

ARC-170 Starfighter - •Norra Wexley - 64
•Norra Wexley - Gold Nine (55)
Proton Torpedoes (9)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

ConfusedUs posted:

I think I found the new party bus load out.

Good idea using the generic slaver to get double utility out of reinforce.

This seems like a good balance of control, survivability and damage.

4-LOM (49)
Elusive (3)
Advanced Sensors (8)
0-0-0 (3)
Mist Hunter (2)

Palob Godalhi (38)
Debris Gambit (2)
L3-37 (4)
Moldy Crow (12)

Trandoshan Slaver (58)
Jabba the Hutt (8)
Lando Calrissian (8)
Contraband Cybernetics (5)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

That list looks ridiculously fun!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Yeah looks fun, im a fan of that 4-lom build and that Palob build looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I played against a similar list of 4-LOM, Palob, and Kavil, and got my rear end handed to me. Kavil all but directed my Reaper out of the fight, while Palob stole tokens from whoever 4-LOM was going to murder/dump stress on.