Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

My questions are:

-- What kind of car was it?

-- Why would you taser someone for doing this instead of just shouting at them like a normal person?

Edit: bonus for page snipe.

A new hero for the anti-war movement.

Sources: https://www.newsweek.com/technician-accidentally-fires-vulcan-canon-destroying-f16-airbase-tarmac-1168715

https://www.newsweek.com/technician-accidentally-fires-vulcan-canon-destroying-f16-airbase-tarmac-1168715

Juliet Whisky has a new favorite as of 11:55 on Oct 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Juliet Whisky posted:

-- Why would you taser someone for doing this instead of just shouting at them like a normal person?

Well if it's in public/within view of children or presumably some similar situation in which it's in the public good to not just let him carry on and finish and he refuses to stop loving the exhaust and shouting isn't working then...

In America he'd probably be dead.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Juliet Whisky posted:

It is most likely nonconsensual.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Best article

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/1051648297314578432

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Juliet Whisky posted:

I read this as "instead of just shooting them like a normal person" and was highly confused for a second, but after consideration deemed it an appropriate response.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It would be much cheaper to remove it, and keep in storage.... forever. :shrug:

Calling for the removal of Revolutionary War statues is an interesting new movement, I guess

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

Calling for the removal of Revolutionary War statues is an interesting new movement, I guess

You had a good run with your independence, but time to run it back a little I think.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
https://twitter.com/abc7/status/1051658822115184640?s=21

Giant Pig Lured Home with Doritos: “It was fun!” says deputy.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That really is a giant pig. Headline does not exaggerate. I have rarely seen bigger, even at state fairs.

It's probably the Doritos.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sure, it seems like a good solution but pigs are smart. Now the pig knows that if he can get out of the yard he gets doritos.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't doxx me, that wasn't a proud moment, luring youre mom back to bad like that.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ruflux posted:

I read this as "instead of just shooting them like a normal person" and was highly confused for a second, but after consideration deemed it an appropriate response.
Please don't call cops normal people.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Juliet Whisky posted:

Police are trained to work their way up the scale of force step by step until they get their way. If barking orders doesn't work, the taser comes out. It also comes out if you piss the cop off, or if he got a new taser and hasn't gotten to use it yet.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

‘It is a scary time,’ Trump backer Amy Kremer tells MSNBC. Witches ‘are placing a hex on Brett Kavanaugh.’

Aquarium skinny-dipper wanted for earlier, violent assault

An earlier version of that second one mentioned that he was swimming naked in the shark tank. I don't know why they cut that out.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Police are trained to work their way up the scale of force step by step until they get their way. If barking orders doesn't work, the taser comes out. It also comes out if you piss the cop off, or if he got a new taser and hasn't gotten to use it yet.

The ladder/scale of force is really a misnomer, and escalation should in theory only happen if the situation is escalating at the same rate - rather, police are taught to be ready and willing to move to a possible force solution depending on context.

That's the theory. In practice, it means that lethal force is authorized if a PoC is wielding a potentially dangerous set of functioning limbs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Scarf looks familiar.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CapitanGarlic posted:

That's the theory. In practice, it means that lethal force is authorized if a PoC is wielding a potentially dangerous set of functioning limbs.

LOL you think american cops wouldn't shoot a disabled man for not obeying commands fast enough.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

LOL you think american cops wouldn't shoot a disabled man for not obeying commands fast enough.

There was a recent BBC article about that (don't watch the video :( )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-45739335

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Teen brides and weird underwear continue unabated.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Hermsgervørden posted:

https://twitter.com/abc7/status/1051658822115184640?s=21

Giant Pig Lured Home with Doritos: “It was fun!” says deputy.

Well, pigs like Doritos, which is why he had some handy.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

The unicyclist makes it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I assume that's why it was posted

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChuckMuth/status/1052018135530786816

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChuckMuth/status/1052016979941281793

https://mobile.twitter.com/TasneemN/status/1052293667246010370

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Mitochondrial Eve Lakeisha

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
Huh, 26? Younger than I expected.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wow I would figure getting a call from Tucker Carlson at this bomb rear end party would be a buzzkill but I didn’t know it could actually kill you

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Weaponized Autism posted:

Mitochondrial Eve Lakeisha

uh her name is Alia, why change it?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

uh her name is Alia, why change it?

goons love a Dune derail

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Pastry of the Year posted:

goons love a Dune derail

Really though it's kind of racist to do that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Something is Amish

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

loving hell, that's Schwarma, not kebabs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jew it to it! posted:

:hmmyes:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jew it to it! posted:

British news site that's a kebab here

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jew it to it! posted:

Without context, that meat could be for shawarma, gyros, tacos al pastor, or döner kebab, which is the OG rotating meat on a vertical spit.

Sakurazuka posted:

British news site that's a kebab here

They're basically the same thing. It's only in the US that we think of "kebab" as meaning shish kebab, i.e. meat on a skewer.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 09:06 on Oct 18, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

It's an isis guy tho, so shwarma makes the most sense

E: unless that's why he's pissed, I'm a shwarma not a kebab :qq:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bertrand Hustle posted:

döner kebab, which is the OG rotating meat on a vertical spitr.

one of these days, when I have a lot of money, I'm gonna go get one of those things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Finally disproving the old German proverb of "Döner macht schöner".