Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best horror franchise villain is the Tall Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hawowanlawow posted:

I don't think I could be friends with any of y'all irl

Trust, this is not an unpopular opinion.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The scariest monsters in movies are the hell dogs in ghostbusters and the black monster wolf in the never ending story, both gave me more nightmares than all the rest put together

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The orange fried chicken at Panda Express is revolting. Tastes like fried chicken nuggets dunked into orange syrup.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That reminds me of something important about the great bone-in vs bone-out wing debate of like a moth ago.

I worked at three restaurants where wings were served and in all cases, the bone-out wings were just freshly diced chicken breast, battered and friend exactly like the actual wings were.

But the nuggets/tenders/whatever chicken chunks you'd expect to see on the kids menu were pre-processed and frozen and basically just needed re-heating.

So you're a damned fool if you compare boneless wings to chicken nuggets.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Just because it's a fresh high quality chicken nugget doesn't change the fact that it's a chicken nugget.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol just because the restaurants you worked at sucked doesn't mean that diced chunks of chicken breast are the same thing as chicken wings.

E: beaten!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Even Freddy vs. Jason concedes that Freddy Krueger is the better villain.

Freddy was a gross child molester who rightfully mostly got his rear end blown out by Jason in the end :colbert:

Also the heat sucks a million asses and waking up cold on the first day of proper 'cold season' feels SO GOOD.

This one's kind of split on popular/unpopular but either way Gene Simmons sucked and it always annoyed me that he took all of KISS's spotlight when Paul Stanley was a much better performer and cooler guy.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Mu Zeta posted:

The orange fried chicken at Panda Express is revolting. Tastes like fried chicken nuggets dunked into orange syrup.

Goddamit the orange chicken is the only thing I'll eat at Panda because all the other meat is like gristly shoeleather in poo poo sauce.

I'll also eat the vegetables but WHY do they serve entire heads of broccoli and then give you a plastic fork to eat it with, aarrgghghahaahghr

Caufman
May 7, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Just because it's a fresh high quality chicken nugget doesn't change the fact that it's a chicken nugget.

I feel that way about stale, poor quality chicken nuggets: it's still a chicken nugget.

The meat of the nugget is of secondary importance to how good the batter/breading is. The meat is just an anchor for the (hopefully) deep fried batter.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bone in wings being superior to boneless wings is a hill I will gladly die on.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Bones just get in the way. I need more boneless food.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

it's almost a hill i will murder upon

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sometimes truth demands sacrifice

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I have been craving bone-in wings for something like two months now but every time I think I'm finally going to go get some, I look at an online menu and think "are you absolutely loving kidding me with these prices" and then I make a sandwich

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Bones just get in the way. I need more boneless food.

What's up with that boneless broccoli at Panda Express?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have been craving bone-in wings for something like two months now but every time I think I'm finally going to go get some, I look at an online menu and think "are you absolutely loving kidding me with these prices" and then I make a sandwich

My unpopular opinion is that wings are in general an overpriced, overrated food. They aren't satisfying unless you buy an absurd amount of them which then will be like $50.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

De-boned chicken thighs flattened out and grilled are about one hundred million times better than any chicken wing

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grilled chicken and crispy fried chicken are like different genres man. It's like saying sandwiches are better than pizza.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My unpopular opinion is that wings are in general an overpriced, overrated food. They aren't satisfying unless you buy an absurd amount of them which then will be like $50.

exactly and if I'm eating fifty drat dollars' worth of a single menu item at a single sitting, it had better be to win a ten-speed bike for an orphan or some poo poo

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, I really see no reason to eat a chicken wing regardless of bone content when I could instead eat literally any other part of a chicken.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You can get two pounds of wings with fries and a pint of lovely beer for like twenty bucks canadian

Also the drumsticks are better than the actual wings

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Yardbomb posted:

Freddy was a gross child molester who rightfully mostly got his rear end blown out by Jason in the end :colbert:

The last scene had Freddy's head winking to the camera, he clearly won and was in Jason's dream. :colbert:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You can get two pounds of wings with fries and a pint of lovely beer for like twenty bucks canadian

Also the drumsticks are better than the actual wings

Thank you. I expressed the latter opinion a while back and all the "flat" fanatics came out of the woodwork. Give me all drumsticks every time.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I watched Solo last night and I think that at the very least it's a better film than Rogue One, the prequels, and episode 8.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The one with Mario van Peebles?

My opinion: any film with A Star Wars Story in its subtitle should always have to have the subtitle included anytime it is mentioned

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not one of those guys who says "the new Star Wars movies make me see the prequels in a better light" or whatever. The Prequels were bad when they came out and are still bad now. Even if the new Star War movies are also bad, that doesn't make the prequels better.

That being said, Rogue One is worse than the prequels.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Thank you. I expressed the latter opinion a while back and all the "flat" fanatics came out of the woodwork. Give me all drumsticks every time.

Drumsticks are better, but there's a real tactile pleasure in the disassembly and consumption of the flat that elevates the experience.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

What's up with that boneless broccoli at Panda Express?

I hate it when they don't debone the chow-mien correctly.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nero Wolfe is better than Sherlock Holmes. In fact, Nero Wolfe is the best detective character full stop.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

U-DO Burger posted:

I watched Solo last night and I think that at the very least it's a better film than Rogue One, the prequels, and episode 8.

They hosed up so bad with Solo by firing the original directors and then re-shooting the whole movie again. Solo is the most expensive Star Wars movie of all time and it's a miracle that it's even halfway decent.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rogue One and Solo are both flawed but enjoyable and had aspects to them I really liked. The new trilogy is dog poo poo. People just wanted to hate Solo and wanted to love The Last Jedi even though TLJ is 10 times shittier and both of those movies show why critics are worthless.

Also, the kid who played Han did a good job and didn't deserve to get poo poo on like he did.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My opinion is that more people disliked Last Jedi than liked it. I liked it a lot myself, but I know I'm definitely in the minority on that. I'm not interested in going into some discussion about it's quality, it's just a fact that more people didn't like it than did, and that's all there is to it. I anticipate that Rian Johnson's trilogy will probably be cancelled quietly sometime next year, or at the latest a few days after Episode IX comes out. This is because Episode IX probably won't flop (there's a reasonably chance that it will) but it will do nowhere near as well as Disney would probably like it to. That's just the way it is.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i liked the actor who played han, his han impression was pretty good. i liked that the world was less shiny and plastic-looking than most of the newer star wars films. it was also just nice to have a movie without jedi or sith in it, just a bunch of other factions with some time taken to explore the galaxy. the robot rebellion felt like it came from a corny 80s film and it owned. honestly, i think i enjoyed it overall more than i did any star wars film since empire strikes back.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Alden Ehrenreich would've been a better young Indiana Jones than young Han Solo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

My opinion is that more people disliked Last Jedi than liked it. I liked it a lot myself, but I know I'm definitely in the minority on that. I'm not interested in going into some discussion about it's quality, it's just a fact that more people didn't like it than did, and that's all there is to it. I anticipate that Rian Johnson's trilogy will probably be cancelled quietly sometime next year, or at the latest a few days after Episode IX comes out. This is because Episode IX probably won't flop (there's a reasonably chance that it will) but it will do nowhere near as well as Disney would probably like it to. That's just the way it is.

I feel like the narrative shifted down the line a bit. People wanted to like TLJ so much that it started with a lot of positive buzz and had a great critical reception, but I think a lot of people realized that they didn't like it after letting it settle in. I remember thinking it was terrible walking out of the theater but didn't really feel comfortable with that opinion for a few days.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

I feel like the narrative shifted down the line a bit. People wanted to like TLJ so much that it started with a lot of positive buzz and had a great critical reception, but I think a lot of people realized that they didn't like it after letting it settle in. I remember thinking it was terrible walking out of the theater but didn't really feel comfortable with that opinion for a few days.

I don't know about that. I think more people disliked it than liked it from day one; as I said, I liked the movie a lot so I can't be accused of being biased in the direction of the facts, it's just that this status is plainly obvious to anyone with rudimentary powers of observation and you can't argue with the facts. I'm not saying nobody liked it, just that more people didn't like it. Trust me, I'm right.

This is very different from the prequels, which more people did like than dislike, but it's just that the only people who ever talked about it were the people who have parroted RLM for the past decade.

Of course my opinion is that A New Hope is the only one that is unimpeachable, Empire Strikes Back is about a half-step below it then the rest are really of a muchness, with my preferences between them fluctuating depending on my mood.

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 22:34 on Oct 17, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Rogue One is worse than the prequels.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rogue One is the one I really don't get the hate for tbh. It had some issues but I enjoyed it way more than the new trilogy or prequels.

Wheat Loaf posted:

This is very different from the prequels, which more people did like than dislike, but it's just that the only people who ever talked about it were the people who have parroted RLM for the past decade.

Ehhhhh. I think this probably wildly varies depending on your age. I was a teenager when they came out and I loving hated them along with everyone I knew or ever talked to. I only learned how popular they were amongst people who were really young when they came out in recent years. RLM sure as hell didn't invent prequel hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nah, in my opinion, more people definitely liked the prequels than didn't like them, they just never talked about it and the people who didn't like them were louder for longer. On top of that, most people eventually got over themselves about the prequels. Not so with Last Jedi, which has the opposite situation going for it; more people dislike it than like it and nobody can prove otherwise.

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 22:51 on Oct 17, 2018