Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Wentworth voted 80.8% yes in favour of gay marriage so this is either some 13-dimensional chess poo poo or they don't know the electorate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't think the liberal party themselves did this fellas, sorry.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
ABC have added that the anonymous email the Libs won't comment on is saying Phelps has pulled out of the election because of this diagnosis so don't vote for her.

quote:

An email falsely claiming Independent candidate Dr Kerryn Phelps has pulled out of the Wentworth by-election because she has HIV has emerged, in what the candidate says is just one of the "dirty tricks" being deployed in the campaign.

The email, obtained by the ABC, was sent to hundreds of constituents and organisations from a fake address on Sunday and urges recipients to divert their vote to Liberal candidate Dave Sharma.

The ABC does not suggest Mr Sharma or anyone involved with his campaign was behind the email.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is so loving dirty whoever did it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

JBP posted:

The libs also technically never astroturfed Tony Abbott's page. It just happened.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Per the ABC:

quote:

"Can you divert your vote to Dave Sharma in instead? It is very urgent, please let your friends know, too," the email said.

"Use all your phone, messenger and social media and show support for Dave Sharma on your Facebook too.

"The voting card has been printed already, you will still see her name, but she has already quit.

"Please DO NOT vote for her, just choose Sharma as your top choice only. Kerryn was diagnosed with HIV yesterday so no chance she will be running for the election.

"Choose Dave Sharma. Otherwise if you choose local white, they will be molesting your children someday."

I have no loving idea about that last para

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

JBP posted:

It might be some Young Liberal twat doing it for kicks.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What the gently caress is local white

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/joshgnosis/status/1052487402894180352?s=19

lmbo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

adamantium|wang posted:

Per the ABC:

I have no loving idea about that last para

Someone in the China thread used to get weird emails that sorta sound like this. I'll send them a PM.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

bell jar posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-15/preference-flows-at-the-2016-federal-election/9388826

You can see that preferences from Greens -> Labor have been shifting to Greens -> Liberal in the last couple of federal elections. I'm sorry that your echo chamber life doesn't expose you to people who vote Greens/Liberal, but they exist. And they've been growing. Labor can absolutely reverse that trend.

e: looking further into the article, it looks like Greens -> Liberal voters were steadily decreasing until Bill Shorten became opposition leader, where the trend reversed

This could be because I live in Prahran, but I wonder if some of this is explained by the Greens stepping up their campaigning in certain Liberal seats like Higgins, and Prahran and Maiwar at a state level.

Wouldn't be surprised by people here voting Greens 1 Liberal 2 based on the history of the seat and the campaigns and candidates that each party ran in 2016.

A heap of people don't really pay attention to policy.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Is that their third spectacular self-own this week, assuming they sent it?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol: :auspol:

https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1052474578960707586

https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1052483668604727297

https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1052490097835225090

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What gets me is that they never learn from previous experience, tricks like this blow back hard in favour of the victim.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

Gay panic.

do they still post?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I mean, I'd have more faith in the metadata retention being used to identify the sender if it wasn't for the AFP just days ago (yesterday?) running raids on Dutton leakers, of all things.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ewe2 posted:

What gets me is that they never learn from previous experience, tricks like this blow back hard in favour of the victim.

*the email account used was kphelps@ozemail.com.au*

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Phelps seems like a dodo account holder.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Another miserable hacker, hacking into are hard working politicians accounts. Deploy federal police again imo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I was cacked.

Mr Anning, the term is hacked.

Sure that one.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ginarush/status/1052495797273546752

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Queensland will grow stronger

hidys
May 6, 2015

Congrats to Queensland on not loving up like you always do.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Queensland did a good for once :toot:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

e: nm

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
whoop whoop thats the sound of the abortion police...oh.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Thank gently caress we did something right for once

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

gently caress Tim Mander you guys just listen to his speech against the bill.

I can't find the video but gently caress him.

Also:

https://www.deb2020.com.au/

Lmao

hidys
May 6, 2015

Deb!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

A third of Australians in favour of authoritarian or 'strongman' leader, study finds

The rise in support for the idea of a ‘strongman’ greatest among Australians under the age of 35

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/17/a-third-of-australians-in-favour-of-authoritarian-or-strongman-leader-study-finds

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Meat and Livestock Australia has issued Cory Bernardi with a legal notice ordering the Senator to stop using the term "Lambassador" in ads featuring former footballer Sam Kekovich endorsing the Australian Conservatives.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
holy penis what a scoop

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Coalition government is bracing for its second leadership challenge in less than two months, with Nationals MPs counting numbers to potentially topple Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack within days.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A leadership challenge this week is unlikely. But in a tactic similar to the one used by Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton in his botched attempt to replace Malcolm Turnbull, a substantial bloc of aggrieved Nationals MPs are attempting to create a crisis around Mr McCormack's leadership.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Man if you have a sportsbet account, stick 5 bucks on Murray. The numbers I've seen it could go anyone's way.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah I've been tempted. During libspill Morrison was at 10.00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lid posted:

A leadership challenge this week is unlikely. But in a tactic similar to the one used by Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton in his botched attempt to replace Malcolm Turnbull, a substantial bloc of aggrieved Nationals MPs are attempting to create a crisis around Mr McCormack's leadership.

There are 22 people in the National Party room, how the gently caress does a "substantial bloc" even exist?

• Locked thread