Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1052300090231140357

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

They did this at Arizona the entire time I was a student, but for whatever reason the last time people were in the mood to rush, they just let it happen, with security's role primarily being suggesting the stairs instead of leaping the wall.

Same at Iowa. There were always security people standing there at the end of a game but the understanding was that they weren't going to stop anyone from rushing the field after a win, just help make sure it was safe as best they could.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

its not cool if they invite you on

Nah the Clemson thing is extremely cool. It is also hilarious to see the field rushing police who are unaware of the tradition get outraged every single time

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Whatever dweeb gave me this grief avatar text could at least have had the decency to add that image to it. :colbert:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
You'd think people who base their identity on being genetically superior would at least have the loving decency to not have a god drat bowl cut

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Jorts are clearly the uniform of the master race.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

lol, Holgerson cried enough that the Big XII is trying to fine Iowa State for field rushing even though it isn't something the conference prohibits and nobody got hurt.

https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/status/1052290728477503489

Another Big 12 letter for the wall.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

FizFashizzle posted:

It's not a good look to recruits if you refuse to pay for healthcare for a player, regardless of the reason they got it or what they're going to do

LOL if you think 17 year old give a drat about their medical insurance while playing concussion ball for free.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Boston Globe has published its four-part series on Aaron Hernandez. Unsurprisingly Urban Meyer comes across as quite a shithead.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The Boston Globe has published its four-part series on Aaron Hernandez. Unsurprisingly Urban Meyer comes across as quite a shithead.

I mean, he is. But you're lying to yourself if you think any P5 coach isnt the exact same.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

iwentdoodie posted:

I mean, he is. But you're lying to yourself if you think any P5 coach isnt the exact same.

yeah dude every coach lets his players homicide multiple people and doesn't give a poo poo

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Scionix posted:

yeah dude every coach lets his players homicide multiple people and doesn't give a poo poo

Herman would let a good qb murder his family if it meant a NC.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

If Hannibal Lecter could throw a spiral he'd of been diagnosed with an eating disorder.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
So far this Hernandez article reads like "Northeastern Reporters Discover Big Time College Sports are a Sham!"

e. OK, Meyer's quotes about his recruitment are pretty lovely. It was all Scuba Steve's fault.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 17, 2018

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

iwentdoodie posted:

Jeff Brohm is especially bad like this....so bad he deserves to be stuck at Purdue for a long time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
we shouldn't care about bad things because actually everyone is bad is the dumbest fake woke take

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MourningView posted:

we shouldn't care about bad things because actually everyone is bad is the dumbest fake woke take

Who said don't care about it? I'm saying acting like any other school/coach wouldn't do the same is horseshit. If they and the school/team were good enough, they absolutely would. And the institution would turn a blind eye, because CREAM.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
It's textile bowl week!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Scarf posted:

It's textile bowl week!

That's a solid as gently caress punch, to be fair.

Dirty as gently caress otherwise, but that's a clean uppercut.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
nice footwork, too

I'd say the only issue is that the other guy is wearing a helmet

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Seaniqua posted:

nice footwork, too

You can catch the chin just fine w/ a helmet on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

Scarf posted:

You can catch the chin just fine w/ a helmet on.

Yeah that's why this is my favorite football punch. It's effective, it's the only one that actually would be effective to the head, and it's delivered really well.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I still think he just grazed the chin and the facemask absorbed most of the punch :colbert:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He crumples immediately, that definitely caught him flush on the chin

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
more textile bowl content.

https://twitter.com/sportsiren/status/1052531056363081729

Christian Wilkins and Holly Rowe are national treasures.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

iwentdoodie posted:

Who said don't care about it? I'm saying acting like any other school/coach wouldn't do the same is horseshit. If they and the school/team were good enough, they absolutely would. And the institution would turn a blind eye, because CREAM.

Yeah but literally no one said that. Someone said "Urban Meyer bad" and you jumped in with your bullshit.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
My favorite football fighting move is taking off your own helmet and hitting the other guy with it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My favorite fighting move is the Woody Hayes Special

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The guy in the FIU/Miami Brawl hopping around swinging a crutch is the GOAT football fighter imo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
This was my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIp3vaAyffI

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Stay off the grass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCg3uK590NY

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Navy unis are out and they're not as good as last year but still really good.

https://twitter.com/NavyAthletics/status/1052575056432386049

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The goat logo owns, I used to have a t-shirt with that one.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MourningView posted:

Lol that guy isn't crumbling he's flopping. You can see him push off backwards with his legs to draw the (completely legit) flag and ejection.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Navy unis are out and they're not as good as last year but still really good.

https://twitter.com/NavyAthletics/status/1052575056432386049

They should have an alternate Black Philip uniform

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Lol that guy isn't crumbling he's flopping. You can see him push off backwards with his legs to draw the (completely legit) flag and ejection.

It's hard to knock out a guy in one punch. He both caught him and he flopped. Which doesn't mean it isn't the best football punch since so many of them are utterly useless.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Strobe posted:

He's trying to get his feet under him and stumbling backwards

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

lol, Holgerson cried enough that the Big XII is trying to fine Iowa State for field rushing even though it isn't something the conference prohibits and nobody got hurt.

https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/status/1052290728477503489

Tech has been fined for rushing the court in basketball, but I don't think they've been fined for field rushes in football...

They did redesign the goal posts so that they can be taken down in a minute or less after a game. We used to cheer those guys on. I'm not even sure if they're still taking them down every game, but I'm pretty sure the same systems are in place.

They also like to line the field with event staff, but in the case of a big game that's going to get a field rushing, they'll usually line them up along a path for the visiting team to get to the visiting locker. I think the students are pretty good about that, going around the line of event staff to get to the middle.

I'm just glad the Big XII lightened up about tortillas and they just have the refs help clean up any that hit the field. For a while there our own president was trying to get the Big XII to fine us for throwing objects. That rear end in a top hat.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

God that loving coach too. "Well really if you think about it, it was the fan's fault"

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

MourningView posted:

Even professional boxers get staggered from relatively innocuous looking uppercuts sometimes, so I will give this guy the benefit of the doubt. It looks like it at least disoriented him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Strobe posted:

Lmao okay

• Locked thread