Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
As others have said, complete acts 1-10 (get all your skill points!) and then go mining all you want. Niko drills down to depth 73(?) or so just by completing the story.

The campaign is only a small fraction of this game, don't worry about it being a challenge or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Necromancers are also very very OP

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Also, don’t use your chaos (or exalts) until you know what to do with them.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Oodles posted:

Also, don’t use your chaos (or exalts) until you know what to do with them.

The answer is almost always to use them to buy a better item instead of trying to craft it yourself.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Crafting has been fun with fossils. The only thing I really went ham on was a helmet and abyss jewels. I definitely saved some exalts by crafting jewels.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zmej posted:

Crafting has been fun with fossils. The only thing I really went ham on was a helmet and abyss jewels. I definitely saved some exalts by crafting jewels.

Yeah, i've really enjoyed the fact you can fairly cheaply guarantee yourself a legit bow, if not a full uber gg one.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Vasudus posted:

Hit 97, which beats my previous record by 3 levels. It's going to take roughly 20 hours of actual xp earning to get to 98 and uh...I don't think I have it in me. Maybe.

I think I'm going to make a dex-stacking cold damage Scion, because I miss shatters. Probably Rain of Arrows + Scourge Arrow. Except the unique jewels total out to like 16ex and that's not counting anything else. Total cost for a budget version is somewhere around 40ex.

I also just don't want to use a goddamn Inpulsas, Kaoms, or Loreweave anymore this league.

i looked up your MS build, PoB is only showing like 80k shaper damage. is that just because MS true dps is really difficult/silly for pob to calculate?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

PoB only shows the damage of 1 ball, as far as I know

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

i looked up your MS build, PoB is only showing like 80k shaper damage. is that just because MS true dps is really difficult/silly for pob to calculate?

Extremely, yes. That's 80k per ball, with 10 balls per strike, three strikes per attack, and like 3.5-ish attacks per second. It's hard to tell how many balls per strike will hit the target to get an accurate number. But assuming that 60% hit, or 6 balls per strike, that's 18 balls hitting per attack, or roughly 54 balls per second actually hitting for roughly 4.3m dps.

edit: I swap in fire pen when I do shaper instead of AC

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 17, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Are there any non-watcher's-eye tips for surviving darkness runs as ES-based characters? The inability to use potions seems problematic. Carry more than one Vaal Discipline? Or just resign myself to blowing through flares like a psychotic hillbilly on the 4th of July?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Those mid 50s early 60s levels where you get your first 4 digit dps upgrade feels GOOD. Im gussing having an Exult drop is the next white dragon to chase? Or would a 6-link drop before that?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Exalts are much more common than 6Ls dropping (I've had maybe 2 6Ls drop in my 2000+ hours of gameplay, compared to 2 Exalts just in this league), but don't fret too much about either at this point.

If you really need a 6L with actual stats on it (i.e. not a t-shirt), depending on what socket colors you need you can get something decent for fairly cheap thanks to corrupt items.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 17, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

Those mid 50s early 60s levels where you get your first 4 digit dps upgrade feels GOOD. Im gussing having an Exult drop is the next white dragon to chase? Or would a 6-link drop before that?

You're much, much more likely to have an exalt drop than a *natural* (uncorrupted) 6L item. I think I've had maybe...four? five? natural 6Ls drop in many thousands of hours.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah a tabula or 5l unique item will get you very very far. Don't think too much about a 6l yet

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Depending on the colors you need you can often get a very nice corrupt 6l rare for not much more than the price of a tabula.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 17, 2018

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Or, if you play a caster and use red and blue gems in your main setup, buy 7 of these, hit it with a few Screaming Essences of Greed, and boom, you have a useable 6L body armor that can carry you into red tier maps.

This is almost always my strategy when starting out a league.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Vasudus posted:

You're much, much more likely to have an exalt drop than a *natural* (uncorrupted) 6L item. I think I've had maybe...four? five? natural 6Ls drop in many thousands of hours.

Before this league I have never once had a natural 6L drop. This league on my starter character around depth 75 in a delve, I had 3 6L's drop inside of an hour. They were all completely garbage, but they were 6L. I've of course never seen one since on my 2nd character and will never see one again.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

The Locator posted:

Before this league I have never once had a natural 6L drop. This league on my starter character around depth 75 in a delve, I had 3 6L's drop inside of an hour. They were all completely garbage, but they were 6L. I've of course never seen one since on my 2nd character and will never see one again.

Must have gotten a good seed

:goonsay:

(and for a smaller bit of anecdotal evidence, I've probably got a few hundred hours of play and I've had like 8-10 exalt drops and 0 6L drops that weren't Tabulas)

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm enjoying my blade vortex right now but I think next league I might want to try a melee beefboi build. Any recommendations? That MS thing y'all were talking about sounded fun, unless anyone else has an idea. Note I'm still relatively new since this is the first league I've played all the way to the end of the campaign, let alone mapping and delving.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

No Safe Word posted:

Must have gotten a good seed

(and for a smaller bit of anecdotal evidence, I've probably got a few hundred hours of play and I've had like 8-10 exalt drops and 0 6L drops that weren't Tabulas)

I completely forgot about tabulas, I've gotten two of those in the entire time I've played. Both on the same character in the same league (Bestiary I think). :iiam:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It is a motherfucker trying to build up currency for extremely expensive items when you don't want to play that character anymore.

I have almost everything picked out for the core of my dex stacker Scion - I have the bow, the chest, the gloves, and the quiver. Only the jewels remain before I can get rolling with it, and upgrade later.

Unnatural Instinct is 12ex, Might of the Meek are 2ex a pop, and surprisingly a Lioneye's Fall is a mere half exalt. So a casual 16.5ex left to go. I have 7ex after liquidating all my other currency and selling my T16s for the day :smithicide:

It's real tempting to just trash bin my Juggernaut and easily buy everything, but it would leave me without any endgame viable characters and I'm at 32 challenges. Maybe once the Scion gets to reds.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I had 4 or 5 6L's drop over the course of 3 maps because of some sextant combo I hit, but I don't remember what it was. They were all corrupted and basically trash, though.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've had seven exalts drop this league :cool:

Never seen a 6l though. Never used a non-tabula 6l, either. I'm farming t15/16 and depth 300 with my 5l inpulsa.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
What might be the easiest way to increase jugg ms clearspeed? Or should I stick with pathfinder ms if that kinda thing is important to me?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

are you using a dying sun already

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Dying Sun is kinda eh for MS clearspeed though. I mean sure, there's more balls and they explode larger, but the majority of the timesink in clearing for MS is getting there in the first place IMO.

I tried one for a bit and sold it, it wasn't doing much for me.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it makes a noticeable difference on larger packs imo

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

So toxic rain on a 5l quill rain has carried me through to level 91 as a trickster and I found and sold some not poo poo jewels and bought a 6l +3 bow to add a caustic arrow for bosses and... it doesn't feel like it's doing as much as it should?

Tool tip dps is reported way higher on caustic arrow but is the sheer speed of toxic rain making it irrelevant and I'd be better off sticking TR into the 6l and carrying on? Or is it my imagination?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
If any of you guys are close to finishing Delve Encounters IV, look at your delve chart around the edges -- today's patch revealed a bunch of nodes that were previously just out of sight.

There was a Brinerot Base hiding just out of sight for me, putting me at 6/6

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
what this game was missing: creepy ghost children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9RtxMu6QU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Soothing Vapors posted:

what this game was missing: creepy ghost children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9RtxMu6QU

extremely disappointed that this is a pet and not an mtx for, like, SRS or something

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

JerryLee posted:

extremely disappointed that this is a pet and not an mtx for, like, SRS or something

that would have been infinitely better

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I really want flying monkeys MTX for SRS so my character _SurrenderDorothy_ makes more sense.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i will shed no tears over srs not getting a 5th mtx or whatever while i still have no celestial mirage archer

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so im gettin an ARPG itch again, kinda quit like 4 weeks into the league. what's a decent build I can just plod through maps right up to uber elder with?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

rf jugg

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

queeb posted:

so im gettin an ARPG itch again, kinda quit like 4 weeks into the league. what's a decent build I can just plod through maps right up to uber elder with?

Arc totems

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Or arc traps.

I could literally just strip the gear off my arc totem heiro and put it on a sab and there’s a good chance it would end up stronger.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

are traps or mines better? gonna do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012
How important is the +1 pod at max stages (which apparently means +1 pod all the time?) helmet enchant if I want to use Scourge Arrow? It sounds like I can pretty much drop in Scourge Arrow to my Rain of Arrows build for better single target without needing to respec or change around any gear, but the enchant is fairly pricey on a Starkonja or something else usable. I've been using conc effect instead of inc crit strikes in my links for delves / bosses which helps but I'm hoping that Scourge Arrow can improve on that a bit/a lot.