Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
At least the ice chewing had a reason. I don't know if that's worse or better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the ice chewing ep is good cuz it spawned the tag "things that goblins do"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Digirat posted:

Honestly I just skip all the “here’s a bunch of people who are perverted in an incredibly specific way” episodes these days. all the ones I’ve listened to have been more gross than funny

I just want the acne lovers episode that Lemon ominously promised ages ago with the threat that it'll be the grossest episode ever. They can stop doing pervert fetish episodes after that. :colbert:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

And sometimes there's that fetish that somehow isn't actually a fetish, like ice chewing or flashlights.

Those are fun because you're waiting for the other shoe to drop the whole time. Stop messing around and stick the flashlight up your butt already, god!

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Maybe I'm boring but I love the customer review episodes. Eee! Pinions is still one of my favorites. Something about people losing their poo poo because their Whopper doesn't look like the menu picture just brings me inner peace.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
This is probably the longest shot, but does anyone remember the episode where, while reading a post, they get to a line that's something like "then I asked my girlfriend for a threesome" or "I told her those pants did make her look fat" and then one of the host yells "WHOOPS"?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

HoboTech posted:

Maybe I'm boring but I love the customer review episodes. Eee! Pinions is still one of my favorites. Something about people losing their poo poo because their Whopper doesn't look like the menu picture just brings me inner peace.

It is Always Cold in Chili's was an instant classic.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

imo Bozarth and Frank West are the shining stars of the customer review/poo poo that didn't happen episodes

two things I'll never forget are some guy shouting WHAT IS THIS MADNESS in the hardware store and the person who was furious that burger king ruined christmas day by not being open

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Likewise with magick episodes for me.

Ma'gick episodes are amazing, but maybe the X fetish people could be put into a bi annual roundup or something, clips4sale had me cackling like a lunatic just because it was a smorgasbord of batshittery. I think my favourite kind of terrible thing to be read enthusiastically are things like ma'gick/supernatural and notalwaysright. Basically any circlejerk of complete liars that prop each other's bullshit up for fear of their own bullshit being called out. It's the strangest ecosystem if you think about it, you know that none of them believe each other because they know full well that they're lying themselves and yet they all keep going. For some reason in both my work and extended family I feel like I'm surrounded by way more Walter Mittys than any sane person deserves to be so its almost cathartic to listen to people rip on shitthatneverhappened.txt whereas I have to nod my head and smile at them because of all this bureaucracy restraining me such as anti-murder legislation.

wit fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 17, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My only skips are the recipes ones

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I still giggle every time I think of Krapft Recipes

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I think about Ape Woman's Jalapeno Fudge more than I strictly ought to.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I loved the one they did on that one food blogger where they just read the giant preambles she wrote before each recipe instead of the recipes themselves.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wasn't able to get into the last couple episodes because they were just store listings and book blurbs, which isn't particularly engaging material to me. You don't really get a sense of character from them.

I generally like the recipe episodes though, except the one where they got weirdly indignant about a grilled cheese sandwich made with Kraft singles, which is...so unremarkable to get so mad about.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The recipe episodes always have one really bizarre pothole that makes you wonder if the readers have ever made or eaten food.

:derp: "Pork sausage and apples?!" :derp:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 17, 2018

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Waffleman_ posted:

I wasn't able to get into the last couple episodes because they were just store listings and book blurbs, which isn't particularly engaging material to me. You don't really get a sense of character from them.

I generally like the recipe episodes though, except the one where they got weirdly indignant about a grilled cheese sandwich made with Kraft singles, which is...so unremarkable to get so mad about.

Because of the fplus I use mayo as the outer layer of my grilled cheese. (Without Kraft, because self-hatred shouldn't come in food form.)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The recipe episodes always have one really bizarre pothole that makes you wonder if the readers have ever made or eaten food.

:derp: "Pork sausage and apples?!" :derp:

yea I love the recipe episodes but there's always one moment where someone's all "JELLY IN MEATBALL SAUCE" or whatever where you can't help but blink

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Can't believe that someone would make a giant ball of cream cheese to eat all by themselves.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

wit posted:

Basically any circlejerk of complete liars that prop each other's bullshit up for fear of their own bullshit being called out. It's the strangest ecosystem if you think about it, you know that none of them believe each other because they know full well that they're lying themselves and yet they all keep going.

I wish it was strictly liars. A lot of these people are batshit crazy and really believe. Like people who think they're being gangstalked.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My favorite episodes are the Dozerfleet ones, the offbeat marriage ones, and the one about Not Always Right.

That said, I was listening to the armpit fetish episode while doing laundry today, and it was also great. Weird internet fetishes are fascinating and hilarious.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Magick is always welcome, but drugs episodes also always bring the insane variety I crave. The rollerblading story from the drugs forum ep is an all time fave.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I don't know when someone really has to get help, but it's not far from rollerblading cocaine enemas.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm just waiting for another movie pitches episode

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The bad writing episodes and aliens/time traveling/squatter eps, where people are just totally loving wrong about what they're doing in life or just lying, are my favorites

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Alaois posted:

He's played by Channing Tatum, in theend butt.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Alaois posted:

I think they just haven't happened for a while because they'd need something that can top Adam's reading of Juggernaut Lonely. Um-hum.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
My favorite episodes are hard to place on the axis of magick/fetish/STDH/reviews. Usually peak F Plus (for me) comes from communities that develop a little ecosystem of tropes and recurring posters. Good banter from the readers can make pretty much any episode, too. The last few episodes had me a little skeptical about the content but the banter completely made it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The best episodes are those featuring patrick82 or bboy360.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

The best episodes are those featuring patrick82 or bboy360.

Wait what else was bboy360 in besides the cheevos episode?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dreamsicle posted:

:thejoke:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Dreamsicle posted:

He's in all our hearts. All the time. Doing interpretative breakdancing to the rhythm.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Extra Credit just put up an edging episode with Mr. Heelies.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 19, 2018

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Stop telling the funniest podcast to stop making me laugh, guys.

Fplus, please keep reading the horrible poo poo because you make my drives so much better. Also, do an episode of QAnon people but I'm sure as Hell not reading their garbage to make you a doc.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Also if any of you have ballp.it accounts and maybe wanna leave feedback I know i'd really appreciate it. I'm looking to take suggestions from all kinds of places, so hey! You? Maybe?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

more gay jokes.*

But besides that I've really enjoyed the content ya'll put out. The audio quality improvement is well loved.

(*the jokes themselves are gay, not the subject of those jokes.)

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

T-man posted:

more gay jokes.*

But besides that I've really enjoyed the content ya'll put out. The audio quality improvement is well loved.

(*the jokes themselves are gay, not the subject of those jokes.)

the jokes are gay, but they were cursed forced gay

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Stop telling the funniest podcast to stop making me laugh, guys.

Fplus, please keep reading the horrible poo poo because you make my drives so much better. Also, do an episode of QAnon people but I'm sure as Hell not reading their garbage to make you a doc.

The pitfall of doing things like this is it can become one note very easily. It's like doing a free republic episode in 2010; it would just be a ton of "OBAMA IS THE DEVIL" posts unless you really dig deeply into the community.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Midjack posted:

The pitfall of doing things like this is it can become one note very easily. It's like doing a free republic episode in 2010; it would just be a ton of "OBAMA IS THE DEVIL" posts unless you really dig deeply into the community.

That's true.

Here's the whole doc: Clinton/Obama is alien/devil

Done

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

That's true.

Here's the whole doc: Clinton/Obama is alien/devil

Done

now see I dunno. Q is a whole weird LARP thing where people are talking about child sacrifices and 'white hats' in the deep state needing to reverse course on the hurricane hitting florida and poo poo. It's a LOT deeper than 'I HATE OBUNGLER'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also a lot more affecting the current political discourse and it'd just be kind of a bummer.