Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Zesty posted:

Early on I thought Bi was getting the boot because she was getting confessionals out of nowhere. I'm on board with the medivac-before-swap theory.

Seeing Jeremy be lovely on instagram has convinced me to take what he said with a grain of salt. It's a bit much.

he comes off as a complete rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm late but, yeah, Jeremy just seems like a petty rear end in a top hat who can't accept he sabotaged his own game. Like, he describes the Angelina/Johnny thing as "one sided" so he's not even claiming its a "showmance." I guess a "flirtmance" or the cuddling at night thing? Either way it just sounds like he was a dick and made an enemy on his tribe and then he decided to burn them months later to save face. gently caress him.

I'll give credit to whatshername (Angelina? Natalia?) for recognizing that Natalie isn't a threat but Jeremy will cause trouble but she didn't actually seem to be able to flip that vote. Jeremy seemed like he just blew himself up for her. And that "get free meals" thing was just gross. gently caress her.

I'm kind of impressed with Johnny Cuckold's gameplay but it almost seems like being the nice beast guy just is setting himself up for that post merge "we gotta get him out before he wins this thing" boot.

And yes, I'm 100% on board with the proposed City Council of Slamtown initiative.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It always seems that way, but then someone gets a confessional after merge and we're like, "Where did that person come from?"

I totally saw a lady in tribal who I didn't recognize at all.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

And yes, I'm 100% on board with the proposed City Council of Slamtown

How great was it the nerds going on an extended riff on Slamtown and then John actually using the phrase in a later confessional? I laughed my rear end off. So far this season has been entertaining as hell even though I’m still not sure where anybody’s allegiances really lay.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, that's just good editing.

But also, he seems to say "Slamtown" a lot. Johnny Catchphrase is kind of a huge dork.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Angelina is the one who orchestrated the boot, Natalia is the one whose confessionals have pretty much 100% been 'I can't stand Natalie, she needs to go'.

Or, one of them is taller and sometimes wears glasses.

If John can keep enough shields around or form a really strong twosome ala J.T., he's one of the most likely winners. If I were him I'd aim to get out as many schemers (like Mike) as quickly as possible.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Angelina is the one who orchestrated the boot, Natalia is the one whose confessionals have pretty much 100% been 'I can't stand Natalie, she needs to go'.

I sincerely thought those were the same people. I'm terrible at this. It wasn't one person saying "I hate Natalie and she's not a threat so I want Jeremy out and I get free stuff in slimy ways"? That was really two different people?

ApplesandOranges posted:

If John can keep enough shields around or form a really strong twosome ala J.T., he's one of the most likely winners. If I were him I'd aim to get out as many schemers (like Mike) as quickly as possible.

I mean, I think its too early to be calling potential winners but he does seem to be much savvier than I expected. Recognizing the need to just be social and make connections early on and not get caught up in the scheming, while also recognizing the need to identify who will be an asset to him and who will be a threat. That's a good sign.

He just seems like such an obvious "lets get him out before he can win immunity every time" target. Especially if he's well liked too. But he does seem to have the stuff to potentially set himself up well enough to combat that. Someone like Natalie who gets dismissed by everyone else can prove to be a pivotal swing vote.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the woman who hates Natalie is called Natalia???

I can pretty much never keep track of names until the merge.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Once the first swap comes it will start to shake out the people I'm confusing with each other or outright not noticing (I swear, some Goliath showed up out of nowhere... based on the OP it would be Alison). The little tribal cliques will form and help me put names to faces and figure out who people are. Until then its just two big masses of people and I won't pick up on it unless you're heavily featured or unique in some way.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Once the first swap comes it will start to shake out the people I'm confusing with each other or outright not noticing (I swear, some Goliath showed up out of nowhere... based on the OP it would be Alison). The little tribal cliques will form and help me put names to faces and figure out who people are. Until then its just two big masses of people and I won't pick up on it unless you're heavily featured or unique in some way.

I mean the swap is next episode

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gluten Freeman posted:

Try watching the last season of Survivor Australia... You get a Shane, Shonee, and Sharn lasting until late in the game... Gotta pay attention to even figure out who they are talking about.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Try watching the last season of Survivor Australia... You get a Shane, Shonee, and Sharn lasting until late in the game... Gotta pay attention to even figure out who they are talking about.

I didn't watch it but my mum did, and whenever she'd tell me what was happening I was just bewildered.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty posted:

Jeremy
Age 40
Attorney
"I'm a spirit-reader, and some people don't want their spirits read."

That quote was prescient. But I guess it doesn't take a psychic to predict that would do him in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Bloop posted:

I mean the swap is next episode

I'm aware. I was speaking in general terms that the swap is usually when I start to make sense of this stuff better and figure out who everyone is. So like right now I can't tell Angelina and Natalia apart enough to know their names without help. When a swap happens either (a) they'll get split apart and I'll have an easier time, (b) they'll stay together as part of a Goliath minority so there'll be more focus on that smaller group making it easier to remember the members, or (c) they'll be part of a Goliath majority and I maybe still won't know who they are. So odds are solid.

It's just a shake up that amongst other things puts them in new social and game situations that might get them more screen time or just stand out more to my own personal inability to keep 20 peoples names and faces straight without a concentrated effort.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The producers loved showing them writing the names down for voting, S..h...camera cuts away.

Also, I wanted to say this in the Australia thread but I was always behind on watching so I couldn't. They have some seriously interesting/dangerous challenges on their show. Some needlessly dangerous. The entire time I was watching the final challenge I kept thinking what if someone falls?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shemp the Stooge posted:

The producers loved showing them writing the names down for voting, S..h...camera cuts away.

Also, I wanted to say this in the Australia thread but I was always behind on watching so I couldn't. They have some seriously interesting/dangerous challenges on their show. Some needlessly dangerous. The entire time I was watching the final challenge I kept thinking what if someone falls?

I still have to watch the final. But I liked the one where they are hanging on the underside of the log, so when they fall they go down head first into the mud...

But, they do have some pretty epic challenges. I'd like to see the arch word puzzle they had for the first part for the car in the US survivor. Kind of fun, you gotta keep holding the arch up, while adding more letters to it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Gluten Freeman posted:

My theory is that Natalia wants to be the only Natali_ so "e" has to go

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

But also Natalie appears to be kind of terrible.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Apparently Erik Reichenbach draws a comic for each episode. They aren't great.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

yikes

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
That third one is good though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Am I missing a joke/reference or is Kara a dog? Because that would be really classy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Because apparently she has the same name as Dan's dog. That's the joke.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kara the human is also in the picture so I don't see what the problem is.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
In Erik's minor defense, he actually has to finish those comics right after the episode so they can be posted with Stephen Fishbach's articles, so he doesn't get to spend a whole lot of time on them and often has to start sketching before the episode is even finished.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like I genuinely wasn't clear on that. Knowing his dog is named Kara and assuming that blonde is Kara does make it seem like not a thing.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hell I'd read a whole series of Johnny Slamtown as the Hulk

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Finally watched last week's episode. I mean, yeah, made sense to me: the guy who goes through your poo poo looking for idols and can't get the target off his back and onto one of the most unpleasant people to play the show in recent memory...probably isn't going to be a very reliable ally going forward.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 16, 2018

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Like I genuinely wasn't clear on that. Knowing his dog is named Kara and assuming that blonde is Kara does make it seem like not a thing.
There was a scene where Kara asked Dan if he knew Supergirl was named Kara. Dan said yes and that his dog was named Kara. They confused each other a bit because they pronounce Kara differently (Dan's dog is car-uh and the Survivor player is care-uh)

Spergatory posted:

In Erik's minor defense, he actually has to finish those comics right after the episode so they can be posted with Stephen Fishbach's articles, so he doesn't get to spend a whole lot of time on them and often has to start sketching before the episode is even finished.
Maybe if he had even less time he wouldn't have been able to crosshatch John into oblivion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

There was a scene where Kara asked Dan if he knew Supergirl was named Kara. Dan said yes and that his dog was named Kara. They confused each other a bit because they pronounce Kara differently (Dan's dog is car-uh and the Survivor player is care-uh)

Yeah that rings a bell after someone explained it. I just didn't remember it on the first go and was wondering if there was a answer for that to explain that he wasn't calling her a dog. Which there was. So I'm glad Erik's just a mediocre cartoonist/comedian and not a gross misogynist.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Well, another medevac :smith:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Missed the first few minutes, did Bi's leg fall off?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Jabini, more like jabronis.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Quits always suck, but I guess I can live with this. She's a recruit and an athlete. This isn't her dream or anything, she was doing this as a lark; no sense risking her career over it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

vuku more like fuk u

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I'm making the same faces as Natalia during Jesus and Horse chat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

Missed the first few minutes, did Bi's leg fall off?

sprained her MCL which if she doesn't rest/rehab properly will basically end her career

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OK an idol nullifier is an awesome idea

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
This is such a niche item though. Like the conditions for a correct idol play are pretty narrow, but the conditions for an idol nullifier are even narrower.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well I posted this in the wrong thread first, but might as well paste it over...

Odd start... they clearly had a challenge setup, but then also were preparing for the quit with the swap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well I posted this in the wrong thread first, but might as well paste it over...

Odd start... they clearly had a challenge setup, but then also were preparing for the quit with the swap.

They set up a fake challenge for swaps these days. I distinctly remember it happening during HHH.