Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm earnestly curious as to how they think boobplate's practical, given armorsmiths and historians will happily point out that all it'd do is guide a blade right to the center of your sternum instead of deflecting it away from there like armor's supposed to.

They're not, they don't care, they just want the titties out and saying that 'oh it's super practical and historically accurate' lends their view more legitimacy than saying 'I want to always be able to ogle my character's chest at any given moment'

ulmont posted:

Relatively tame by modder standards. I've rehosted the comparison image to imgur.

https://i.imgur.com/BiGPBtv.jpg

Oh so it was the description that was the main draw for this being poo poo after all. I mean don't get me wrong, that looks terrible too but from the terrible justifications why Jade should be wearing so little that calling it a bikini would be generous really set my expectations a lot lower.

Max Wilco posted:

LoversLab, on the other hand, while being forthcoming with what it offers, veers into a really disturbing field. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with what's on offer from the Slab. I only checked it out once when PC Gamer ran an article about it, but I remember it being off-putting.

I'm not asking you specifically, but was it the Slab that had that hosed up people cattle mod for Stardew Valley or was that on their own forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not asking you specifically, but was it the Slab that had that hosed up people cattle mod for Stardew Valley or was that on their own forums?

I think that was just on the Nexus...but maybe I'm conflating it with the whitewashing mod.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The cattle people mod is Nexus, yes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RareAcumen posted:

They're not, they don't care, they just want the titties out and saying that 'oh it's super practical and historically accurate' lends their view more legitimacy than saying 'I want to always be able to ogle my character's chest at any given moment'

I know that, my curiosity was in regards to what flavour of bullshit they were trotting out to try and justify it :munch:.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I know that, my curiosity was in regards to what flavour of bullshit they were trotting out to try and justify it :munch:.
I went back to Less sexual female armor mod discussion and found some remaining examples that were not deleted by Nexus mods

So, custom fitted armor that's meant for actual combat apparently means abandoning all experience from actual combat gained by generations of armorsmiths and making something breast-shaped, because if you are a woman, you just cannot fit into this huge padded cuirass, no. If your chest has breasts, everything you wear must be breast-shaped.

Another good one:

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 14, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNhnsaUCsc

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
No making enemies for farting and belching

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I clicked that Sims mod thinking it was going to be a joke mod involving Wario and got disapointed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you want something for me to be comfortable in for an adventure give me a sports bra at least so stuff isnt bouncing everywhere.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I admit the weird leatherish underwear you get in TES games makes me chuckle.

Cos it always kinda looks like you're just wearing modern underwear made of human skin.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think The Slab might have human skin armor.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The MSJ posted:

Sexy human skin armor.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

aniviron posted:

Sexy human skin armor.

Bikini armor wasn't skimpy enough, we got you a bikini made of bikini zones.

Bikini.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

The MSJ posted:

Do you mean man-hide suit? *Goodbye Horses starts playing in the background*
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433140265

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking of the same mod.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dwesa posted:

Do you mean man-hide suit? *Goodbye Horses starts playing in the background*
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433140265

You can't say this without the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDjlxUcfazc

Edit: oh, never realized that was the official trailer for it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

aniviron posted:

Sexy human skin armor.

Well of course! Working out for a beach body is for chumps, just skin someone hot and wear their skin instead!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Everyone's favorite game is getting a sequel sometime next year!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh poo poo we upgraded to having a face

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

this mod isn't awful or awesome but there's just something about it

its just all the advisor things like 'debris analyzed' and 'a hostile invasion has been engaged' but said by an old man
lil wholesome palate cleanser

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1538972555

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It's hard to tell, but is the new face having Haydee--IIaydee--wearing just a jacket and belt and otherwise is straight naked?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think it's supposed to be some kind of skintight suit. The thing that amused me was that her breasts appear to have aged backwards or at least gotten smaller. Priorities!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Orv posted:

I think it's supposed to be some kind of skintight suit. The thing that amused me was that her breasts appear to have aged backwards or at least gotten smaller. Priorities!

Priorititties :downsrim:

Orv
May 4, 2011
:golfclap:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Speaking of sexy human skin armor...

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

why a robot got a titty

Orv
May 4, 2011

Simsmagic posted:

why a robot got a titty

Some people like a robotitty. Some people like a robotitty a lot.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Being honest, I can't think of a single reason why a robot shouldn't be sexy.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

I feel like there's probably some intersection of industrial usage where you wouldn't really want it. Unless you're big on fear boners.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Well, there's that one robot they made look like a woman and so many people pawed at it during a single day event that it got wrecked, and it wasn't even sexy so

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Bongo Bill posted:

the meltdowns in the darkest dungeon thread have taught me that the true end of society is titty so i'm gonna go with that being a reason

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

why a robot got a titty

:shrug: I guess they just like girls or something. Whatever the Yoko Taro explanation was.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Haydee devs: "You asked for this!"

:confused: When the hell did I do that!?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

adam jensen looks down at his gigantic cyborg boobs and rear end. "I asked for this"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I mean at least she has a face this time, and isnt a literal object with rear end and titty :whitewater: I still want nothing to do with it but it's less nauseating to know it exists

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

RareAcumen posted:

:shrug: I guess they just like girls or something. Whatever the Yoko Taro explanation was.

DualShockers | Yoko Taro on Why NieR: Automata Protagonist 2B Wears High Heels: “I Just Really Like Girls” posted:

To a question asking why a combat android wears high heels, Yoko Taro answered that the game is set 10,000 years in the future, so when he tried to imagine what it would be like, he thought about how it was 10,000 years ago, and people back then probably would not have been able to imagine what it would be like nowadays. That’s why he decided to think freely and willfully about it. Since a lot of western games feature space marines and that kind of concept, he let his ideas flow freely and came up with a girl wearing heels in the future. Yet, the biggest reason is simply that he just really likes girls.

“But the biggest reason is that I just really like girls.”

:yokotaro: is a treasure.

I still haven't played Nier: Automata yet. Haven't played Haydee, either, but in either case, I think I keep putting it off because I know I'll get depressed.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

:yokotaro: is a treasure.

I still haven't played Nier: Automata yet. Haven't played Haydee, either, but in either case, I think I keep putting it off because I know I'll get depressed.

One of those is way more deserving of being played than the other.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

One of those is way more deserving of being played than the other.

This is true. I've heard Nier: Automata is really good, but that it gets really depressing, so I've been putting it off until a time where I feel like I can play it and not feel completely sad afterwards. For now, it's just collecting dust along with Monster Hunter World.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Max Wilco posted:

This is true. I've heard Nier: Automata is really good, but that it gets really depressing, so I've been putting it off until a time where I feel like I can play it and not feel completely sad afterwards. For now, it's just collecting dust along with Monster Hunter World.

I would say it's most depressing in what ends up being the middle of the game, but then it really transcends the reasons you'd find it depressing once you reach the full end of the story to become a rather hopeful tale. But explaining more than that would certainly be spoilers as hell and also not even very comprehensible unless you've already been to the depressing part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

fishmech posted:

I would say it's most depressing in what ends up being the middle of the game, but then it really transcends the reasons you'd find it depressing once you reach the full end of the story to become a rather hopeful tale. But explaining more than that would certainly be spoilers as hell and also not even very comprehensible unless you've already been to the depressing part.

That's good to know. :unsmith: I guess it's just a matter of finding the time to play it.

Really, what made me want to get Nier: Automata was the fact you could ride a moose.

Anyway, some actual mod content. While watching some Warhammer 40K vids the other day, I came across a showcase of a WH40K mod for the game Men of War Assault Squad 2.

The video is...pretty intense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwoQNSAcZzU :pwn: