Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

well its over now

This manga (and many others like it) has actually been kind of frustrating for me to read after reading Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa (great manga, terrible anime).

Like, JWWW did the love confession in the first third? And then did so much afterwards. It was great. And since then I've been reading stories like these and going "Well actually why don't they just confess and get it over with?".
You can do so, so, so many relationship plots after a love confession, it doesn't have to be all build-ups to "will this one be the time???" and hilarious misunderstandings. And drawing it out is only going to be more annoying in all of the different ways it needs to be subverted.
A confession really doesn't have to be the ending point.

Well, thanks for reading my opinion, keep on truckin', cya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Carol will be hugged.

Lmao

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

TerminusEst13 posted:

This manga (and many others like it) has actually been kind of frustrating for me to read after reading Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa (great manga, terrible anime).

Like, JWWW did the love confession in the first third? And then did so much afterwards. It was great. And since then I've been reading stories like these and going "Well actually why don't they just confess and get it over with?".
You can do so, so, so many relationship plots after a love confession, it doesn't have to be all build-ups to "will this one be the time???" and hilarious misunderstandings. And drawing it out is only going to be more annoying in all of the different ways it needs to be subverted.
A confession really doesn't have to be the ending point.

Well, thanks for reading my opinion, keep on truckin', cya

see also: ore monogatari

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My monster secret also dealt with the dreaded TEEN PREGNANCY, even, in a suitably appropriate and absurd fashion to the setting, to boot.

More people should read it. It's a shame the anime bombed it super hard but the fear was always that they'd not be able to pace it properly compared to the manga.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Captain Invictus posted:

My monster secret also dealt with the dreaded TEEN PREGNANCY, even, in a suitably appropriate and absurd fashion to the setting, to boot.

More people should read it. It's a shame the anime bombed it super hard but the fear was always that they'd not be able to pace it properly compared to the manga.

Well, the anime also had a really bad translation of the art from print to screen, which didn't help.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yandere Kanojo is another good example of a very similar romcom that actually let its leads get together so they could tell more than one story.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

projecthalaxy posted:

Yandere Kanojo is another good example of a very similar romcom that actually let its leads get together so they could tell more than one story.

In chapter one, even.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Yandere Kanojo is a gem and I wish the author's new manga was being translated more/faster.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

I completely forgot about YanKo and that makes me angry because YanKo was perfect in every way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yamada's First Time was another one, though it had issues.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Captain Invictus posted:

Yamada's First Time was another one, though it had issues.

It was way better than any anime sex comedy of its tme had a right to be, at least.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you want a romance that starts with a confession, might I suggest 'A Story About Treating a Female Knight, Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman, as a Woman'?
https://mangadex.org/title/24249/a-story-about-treating-a-female-knight-who-has-never-been-treated-as-a-woman-as-a-woman

A weak mage who knows recovery magic confesses to a scarred, muscular female knight with no confidence in her femininity.

quote:

Female knight Leo has never had ladylike qualities, she's a soldier through and through, adorned with scars and rock hard abs to match. She's never really been treated as a woman...until one day the magician Fooly confesses his love for everything about her. These two will challenge the quest named "Romance", which is tougher to complete than a super hard dungeon! How will our steel-willed protagonist act in the face of love?

Its pretty cute.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like that one, though the title is dumb and bad and not even really accurate.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I can't believe that's its real name. It's like a Troy McClure movie title.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

If you want a romance that starts with a confession, might I suggest 'A Story About Treating a Female Knight, Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman, as a Woman'?
https://mangadex.org/title/24249/a-story-about-treating-a-female-knight-who-has-never-been-treated-as-a-woman-as-a-woman

A weak mage who knows recovery magic confesses to a scarred, muscular female knight with no confidence in her femininity.

Its pretty cute.

ah you mean fate/stay night

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You mean it's like a light novel name, because they're all like that.

And it's ok, but barely more than fluff with a tsundere knight who the author just has a thing about women with rock solid abs, and, hell, same

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I read that knight one for a while, but put it on hold. It's pretty good, but I guess I saw it and just went "eh, I have better things to spend my time on"?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I read that knight one for a while, but put it on hold. It's pretty good, but I guess I saw it and just went "eh, I have better things to spend my time on"?

It's stalled as hell like most things with any success are. Clearly has no real plan so it all feels like filler

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

These two are so awkward together and I love it, why did it take 850 pages to get here :argh:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Panel 4 tomo is the best

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
ah i see we wait until the end of the series to unleash the strongest tomo face

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Ok the payoff is pretty good

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
panel 2 jun

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm glad he admitted that tomo is way cooler than he is

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

A Lumberjun never lies.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mors Rattus posted:

A Lumberjun never lies.

He's a Lumberjun and he's okay
He sleeps all night and he works all day...

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 18, 2018

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
jun is just incredibly powerful

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Jun be like "why not both?"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tomo is so dumb.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I can't believe they're already breaking up.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I can't believe that the premise of her worries for the last 5000 pages was so easily negated. Jun is powerful now

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Super Jay Mann posted:

Jun be like "why not both?"

He's achieved treelightenment.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

drilldo squirt posted:

It's happening.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I'm beginning to think that being a tree for a week should be part of the public school curriculum now.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

can you believe there was ever a time when this thread didn't love jun

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Easily.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah same here, people never stopped talking about it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I remember it like it was just yesterday...

But good treevelopment, 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Jun continues to be cool and wgood.