Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
After BoTW I wanted to play the rest of the series so I got myself a 3DS and played through A Link Between Worlds which was pretty fun.

I tried OoT, but wasn't loving it all too much. I got stuck wandering around in the Deku Tree until I looked up a guide which told me that I could fall through the leaves in the floor. A game mechanic that wasn't explained earlier in the game and that apparently children could figure out, but a grown man was too stupid guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

psylent posted:

After BoTW I wanted to play the rest of the series so I got myself a 3DS and played through A Link Between Worlds which was pretty fun.

I tried OoT, but wasn't loving it all too much. I got stuck wandering around in the Deku Tree until I looked up a guide which told me that I could fall through the leaves in the floor. A game mechanic that wasn't explained earlier in the game and that apparently children could figure out, but a grown man was too stupid guess.
When you first walk in, navi points out how there's something under the webs. Then if you go to the top, there's a heart floating above it Mario 1-1 style.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

bushisms.txt posted:

When you first walk in, navi points out how there's something under the webs. Then if you go to the top, there's a heart floating above it Mario 1-1 style.
Well it sounds like their thoughtful game design was no match for my stupidity.

#nintendofail

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

psylent posted:

before game design was a science a lot of games expected you to try things that werent obviously breadcrumbed earlier in the level

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
This video goes back to how great Mario 1-1 was at teaching players how the game world worked. So this sort of thing has been around for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH2wGpEZVgE

I grew up playing a C64 with a box full of pirated games with no manuals where I just had to figure everything. I think I've just got lazy/stupid as I've aged.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Speaking of BoTW, some of the Mega64 boyz started streaming that tonight.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/324089961

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Wait don't you need a deku stick on fire to fall through or does gravity alone do the trick?

Huh...I've always lit a stick beforehand lol. Without that element yeah the puzzle seems fairly straightforward

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

psylent posted:

I grew up playing a C64 with a box full of pirated games with no manuals where I just had to figure everything. I think I've just got lazy/stupid as I've aged.

Memories of games that only used like 4-5 buttons total but instead of grouping the buttons together on the keyboard they'd be assigned to different letters all over the place and then there'd be some critical action you couldn't play the game without knowing about bound to a random-rear end key like F6.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

KingSlime posted:

Wait don't you need a deku stick on fire to fall through or does gravity alone do the trick?

Huh...I've always lit a stick beforehand lol. Without that element yeah the puzzle seems fairly straightforward

That's for the next section after you drop down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've been playing OoT on Wii with an emulator recently and I had to google how to get the sword :negative:
I also just got it in 3DS, it's very cool.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Andrast posted:

Bloodborne had the occasional optional area but yeah it was a pretty linear experience.

It's also one of the best games ever made

Bloodborne has more optional areas/bosses than it does necessary areas/bosses I'm pretty sure. The actual progression path is very linear but there's a TON of poo poo that branches off of it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Anyone know how to Evolve pins in TWEWY?

I got a pin to max level and it changed so figured that was it- then the next 5 that could evolve just didn't and I think I'm missing something here. A few more have but it's pretty rare and I'm not sure what I'm doing to trigger it.
Tried to google a answer but just got replies in regards to the DS version which has it's own annoying system for it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
What did the Switch TWEWY do in place of the pins that evolve through Streetpass? Anyway, some pins evolve... through Combat I think? Then there are some that evolve through Sleep mode (on the DS; Switch has sleep mode so it might be the same). I'd like to know about the Streetpass one though.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Argue posted:

What did the Switch TWEWY do in place of the pins that evolve through Streetpass? Anyway, some pins evolve... through Combat I think? Then there are some that evolve through Sleep mode (on the DS; Switch has sleep mode so it might be the same). I'd like to know about the Streetpass one though.

They just removed Mingle PP (the streetpass one) and changed those evos to use Battle or Shutdown. For example the uppercut pin evolves with Battle when it used to need Mingle.

If the amounts of Battle PP and Shutdown PP are close, then the pin won't evolve. So the pins with branching evo paths can still be mastered.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Dunno how they handle it in the Switch version, but in the DS version, pins need a specific type of PP to be the majority to evolve. If you have the wrong type, the pin won't evolve. (Sometime's you'll want to do this, since in some cases, evolution isn't always a good thing.)

Not only that, but certain PP types have weight to them, meaning that 1 point of it is worth like 9 times as much as 1 point of another type of PP. Though I'm just going off of the DS version here, so I don't know if this is all the same for Switch. The system is likely similar anyway.

fezball
Nov 8, 2009
Here's the updated evolution chart for TWEWY Final Remix: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYoqpDEbXFeG64m6JR0Fs-uRlGhJW0C_BdocnB2S6FU/edit#gid=0

The most important thing to wrap your head around is that SPP (which you get while the Switch is either turned off or in sleep mode) is weighted 9 times as much as BPP (from battles), which can easily force an SPP evolution where you don't want it. The best way to handle this is to have a dedicated set of pins that you want SPP for which you switch to whenever you stop playing.

If a pin has both an SPP and BPP evolution, to master it without evolving you need to have both evolutions at below 80%. The best way to avoid an unwanted SPP evo is to gain >80% of the bar with BPP, then do the rest with SPP, or to gain SPP only an hour or two at a time and stop it as soon as the green bar gets above a third.

If you want to cheese things (which is totally fine as far as I'm concerned, you need tons of SPP to get 100% pin mastery), you can hit the home button while playing and change the system date in the settings a week ahead to instantly max out your SPP gains - unlike the DS version, you don't need to shutdown the game for this, it updates when switching back. This can also be used to reset your hunger meter.

Edit: It should also be mentioned that you'll eventually be able to get the majority of pins through drops, quests or straight up buying them, so don't feel pressured to fill out all of the long evolution chains as soon as you can access the base pin - you can get some early powerups that way, but it is in no way mandatory and nothing is permanently missable.

fezball fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Oct 18, 2018

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
I actually thought that BotW story was pretty well done.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
One ever so slight irritation with BotW is that on my current playthrough even being careful not to gate myself out of them, I've managed to miss photographing a mighty lynel crusher. I know I can pay the guy for the photos but I was making a specific effort to do it all myself. I'd travelled to Faron early to get the red spear and crusher lynels there, then continued with the game, covering the east of the map, while periodically travelling back to Faron to see if the lynels had upgraded yet. When I got to Akkala and found blue lynels near the tech lab I travelled back to Faron and now all the lynels are fuckin white. I guess the threshold between blue and white lynels is much narrower than I thought.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 18, 2018

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Looking up the data, it's because of the guardian killing spree I went on after getting the ancient arrows. Just defeating the guardians around Akkala tower, the quarry and the labyrinth is enough to level the enemies twice and go straight from blue to white lynels.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I like flying around and solving puzzles :)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This may sound weird, but has anyone else had their copy of TWEWY running one hour behind the system clock? I can't figure out why this is happening.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

Without weapon and shield durability, there is no incentive or reward for continuing to explore. Evidence: every other Zelda game ever. I'd rather get a boss new weapon than my eightieth gold skulltula.

While you're not wrong, I'd prefer if they fixed that problem by giving us alternate rewards instead of just filler like breakable weapons and 900 korok seeds to find.

Mind you, I still loved exploring cause it was really fun to do, but the rewards you got most of the time kind of sucked.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

YggiDee posted:

This may sound weird, but has anyone else had their copy of TWEWY running one hour behind the system clock? I can't figure out why this is happening.

Daylight savings?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Elman posted:

While you're not wrong, I'd prefer if they fixed that problem by giving us alternate rewards instead of just filler like breakable weapons and 900 korok seeds to find.

Mind you, I still loved exploring cause it was really fun to do, but the rewards you got most of the time kind of sucked.

Aren't several of the armor sets found in the wild/in shrines? I mean, it could be "Every non-dungeon chest either has a heart piece or 1-100 rupees in it" like the old games.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

"Huawei" kinda sounds like "Ouya"

Huawei makes good smartphones, but :lol: if you buy a smartphone just to play video games, and one 3x the price of a real console, too.

The new Huawei can also load other smartphones' batteries just by being near them, so theoretically you will never have to connect a cable to your phones ever again. Well, except for you 1k$ main one, that is. :v:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Oct 18, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BST for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Strikers 1945 Plus - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
“STRIKERS 1945 PLUS” is a shoot 'em up game released by Psikyo in 1999. Make use of Shots, Super Shots, and Support Attacks to make your way through a chaotic dogfight! Historical piston fighters, such as the P-38 Lightning, are ready to rumble!! A state of the art arcade shoot 'em up from the masters of the genre, Psikyo.

Arcade Archives Ninja Kid II - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
“Ninja-Kid II” is an action game that was released from the UPL in 1987. This 'Ninja-Kid II' has been developed in after three years from the 'Ninja-Kid'. Ninja-kun who got a new action and weapons will aim to overthrow of Ashura. In this work, the player will be able to move in eight directions, and also can jump in triangle. Enthusiastic fans had been increased, because degree of difficulty went up dramatically.

Big Buck Hunter Arcade - $29.99 / £29.99 / €34.99 (Oct 16)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
The #1 Hunting Arcade Game in the world is now available for your console. Big Buck Hunter will bring the arcade experience to your living room with this fast paced arcade shooter! The all new control and aim mechanics will make this a must pick up and play arcade shooter experience.

Black Bird - $19.99 / £14.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
This is the tale of a young girl who dies one day on a street corner and is reborn as the ominous Black Bird. The bird is one of the great calamities, spoken of in the kingdom since ancient times. Become the calamity, ‘Black Bird’, and destroy the kingdom.

Color Zen Kids - $ ? / £3.49 / €3.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
For your own Zen masters in training, Color Zen Kids is a fun new twist on the critically acclaimed puzzle game. With simpler puzzles, larger shapes, and a kid-friendly animal theme, it's a game they won't want to put down. Now everyone in the family can find their way, with Color Zen Kids!

Crayola Scoot - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 16 NA / ? EU)
Creativity wins in this colorful freestyle scooter championship! In Crayola Scoot, more tricks mean more color – and color can change the world in impossible ways. So get ready to take on Scoot Legends in a rainbow of thrilling events, or grab 3 friends for a split-screen color clash. It’s time to make your mark on the scootpark!

Dark Souls: Remastered - $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (Oct 19)
Re-experience the critically acclaimed, genre-defining game that started it all. Beautifully remastered, return to Lordran in stunning detail. DARK SOULS: REMASTERED includes the main game plus the Artorias of the Abyss DLC.

Drift Legends - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The ultimate drift racing experience in the most realistic drifting game around. Drive legendary drift cars on different tracks, beat records, take part in different drift racing events, rise from Beginner to Professional League driver.

EXORDER - $12.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 16 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A fantasy turn-based strategy game, fight for Cerulean and claim the crown as her rightful heir! Enjoy hours of our single player campaign and battle your friends with cross platform multiplayer. Expand your skills as a commander with the challenge mode.

I Hate Running Backwards - $14.99 / £ ? / €14.99 (Oct 19)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
I Hate Running Backwards is a never-ending adrenaline packed shoot'em down roguelite that puts the emphasis on destruction and fighting never ending waves of enemies while time traveling through procedurally generated, fully destructible worlds! Pick your character and blast away enemies with a high powered arsenal of shotguns, lasers, rocket launchers, singularity cannons and other weapons!

The Jackbox Party Pack 5 - $29.99 / £23.99 / €25.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
It’s the biggest Jackbox Party Pack yet, including the return of the classic pop culture trivia mash-up YOU DON’T KNOW JACK: Full Stream; the game of hilarious hypotheticals Split the Room; the lyric-writing, robot rap battle Mad Verse City; the inventive drawing game Patently Stupid; and the outer space fling-fest Zeeple Dome. Use your phones or tablets as controllers and play with up to eight players, plus an audience of up to 10,000!

The Legend of Evil - $7.99 / £5.99 / €6.99 (Oct 19)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fight for the forces of evil, in this ultimate battle of tower offense! With two main modes, enjoy countless hours exploring, destroying and corrupting the world of humanity in this strategic tower offense!

Lego DC Super-Villains - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (Oct 16 NA / Oct 19 EU)
Embark on an all-new DC/LEGO® adventure by becoming the best villain the universe has seen. Players will create and play as an all-new super-villain throughout the game, unleashing mischievous antics and wreaking havoc in an action-packed story. Set in an open world experience within the DC universe, the Justice League has disappeared, leaving Earth's protection to their counterparts, who have proclaimed themselves as the "Justice Syndicate". It's up to you and a crazy group of misfits to uncover the intentions of Earth's new, strange, wannabe superheroes. Joined by renowned DC Super-Villains: The Joker, Harley Quinn, and countless others from the Injustice League, players will set out on an epic adventure.

Momonga Pinball Adventures - $5.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Momonga is a unique pinball game, where you bounce through different worlds. On the way, you team up with friends to defeat enemies and conquer bossfights. A little flying squirrel takes on the forces of evil - join Momo, Panda and Fry in a quest to save the momongas from the claws of the evil owls. Enemies, boss fights, exploration - it has all the ingredients of good old action-adventure games, but with flippers!

NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 - $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99 (Oct 15)
NBA arcade action is back with NBA 2K Playgrounds 2! The sequel to the original smash hit takes street balling to the next level with a massive roster of current and retired NBA players, improved online matchmaking with dedicated servers, four-player online matches, three-point contests, new playgrounds, custom matches, and more! Pick your team, get ready to jam, and Ball Without Limits!

Passpartout: The Starving Artist - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Experience the life of a starving artist! Passpartout puts you into the shoes of a French artist trying to navigate the beautifully confusing art scene. Paint and sell your own art to survive your expensive wine and baguette addiction.

Personality and Psychology Premium - $8.99 / £7.99 / €8.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Personality Psychology Premium app helps in getting you the analysis of your personality, psychology score. When you are worried within and looking for a better help and looking to visit psychiatrist then Personality Psychology Premium is the best solution available on your click. It has a series of tests which you have to go throw to achieve your personal score. These tests are very innovative and are created in a light funny way such that nothing gets too serious or boring. Once you finish the test you will get the score card of your analysis. With this app over the social gathering, you can add up to 5 friends at a time to go with the tests and thus compare the results amongst players. Win Trophies based on the type of tests you try. The results help you improving the personality level as you get an idea of roads of improvements you require.

Pizza Titan Ultra - $11.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (Oct 19)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Pizza Titan Ultra is a fast paced 3rd-person action platformer focused on fighting and smashing through a futuristic city, in a giant mech, to deliver pizza. Experience arcadey action with speedy attacking and dodging, while attempting to control the massive weight of a 10 storey mobile pizzeria - just try not to make too much of a mess!

Rapala Fishing Pro Series - $29.99 / £29.99 / €34.99 (Oct 16)
Welcome to Rapala Fishing Pro Series! Rapala is looking to sponsor the next great angler to be part of their Pro Series team, do you have what it takes? Compete in world-class tournaments and daily challenges all to improve your skills by earning bonus money to climb the ranks and become a professional angler for the #1 fishing brand in the world. Build your reputation, gain sponsors, battle for awards and trophies as you try to catch the top 17-species of fish from Large Mouth Bass to Northern Pike in some of the most iconic fishing locations in North America.

The Room - $9.99 / £6.99 / €8.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Following a trail of mysterious letters, you find yourself entangled in a journey shrouded with secrets and deception. Trapped in The Room with only an elaborate puzzle box, you must delve into the unknown using only your wits to unlock the answers you desperately seek.

Season Match HD - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Beat the wicked Winter Queen and save the fairy-land from everlasting winter in this stunning match 3 game! Something terrible has happened in the magic kingdom. The Snow Queen is furious about her mirror to be broken. She decides to make winter stay forever in the fairy-land. Now, you are the one to save everybody and beat the wicked Queen.

Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption - $18.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Rise from the depths a crumbling kingdom and to the challenge of defeating increasingly difficult demonic bosses. Choose aspects of yourself to weaken before defeating the avatars of Sin in the action-RPG Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption. Inspired by classic boss-battlers and modern skill-based action RPGs, with a dash of gothic anime styling and horror storytelling, Sinner promises a thrilling and bone-chilling experience.

Spencer - $6.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The game is a classic Jump´n Run with challenging levels and enemies. Find missing items, destroy enemies, collect coins and diamonds. 3D graphics packed in a nice graphics style, great 2.5D levels and proven gameplay gives you hours of fun. Spencer is an intergalactic traveler who crashed his spaceship on Earth. Alien monsters, stowaways, have broken out and stole important parts to repair the spaceship. Help Spencer to get the missing items for his ship. Destroy enemies, collect coins and diamonds to cover all tracks on earth.

SpiderSolitaire: Black - $5.00 / £4.59 / €5.09 (Oct 18 NA / Oct 25 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Classic Solo play card game "Spider Solitaire" has been arranged in cool style! 300 stages in Stage mode, and also Random mode is playable! At Random mode, Your play recode such as time and clear rate will be recorded in details per difficulty levels. At Stage mode, 300 stages in different difficulty levels are available. Let's challenge Hard mode if you naver try! Resume is possible during the game that takes time. You can play whenever wherever continually. Let's challenge to clear the Hard stage game as well!

Starlink: Battle for Atlas - $59.99 / £69.99 / €79.99 (Oct 16)
In Starlink: Battle for Atlas, you’re part of a group of heroic interstellar pilots, dedicated to free the Atlas star system from Grax and the Forgotten Legion, an evil robot force. Lead a group of interstellar pilots dedicated to free the Atlas Star System from Grax and the Forgotten Legion. Featuring guest pilot Fox McCloud and his Arwing. Plus bonus Star Fox missions! Start your adventure with 5 Starships, 7 pilots, and 12 weapons – all included.

Syberia 3 - $49.99 / £44.99 / €49.99
Kate Walker is found dying on the banks of a river by the Youkol tribe, a nomadic people accompanying their migrating snow ostriches. Together, stuck and imprisoned in the town of Valsembor, they must find a way to continue their journey in a race against their enemies and unexpected obstacles. Not to mention Kate's past, which catches up with her... A world filled out with exceptional story-telling, imagined and drawn by Benoit Sokal, with music by Inon Zur. Discover an enchanting world full of mystery and life, that you can completely explore in 3D. Immerse yourself in the story, original puzzles, and mysteries of the fabulous adventure of an unforgettable heroine.

Tied Together - $14.99 / £11.99 / €14.99 (Oct 19)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
One fine day a bunch of scientists created four tiny monsters. But for what? To test their cooperation skills of course! So they tied them together to a tiny monstrous chain and let them make their way through colourful, tricky, cooperative experimental set-ups that only scientists can think up. Anybody complained the plot is as flat as 2D? Bullseye! You are right. The unbelievable truth is: YOU are the monsters and WE are the scientists. Get tied to your friends and we will test your cooperation skills and creativity! And we will even test your friendship...

Valkyria Chronicles - $19.99 / £15.99 / €19.99 (Oct 16)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In the world of Valkyria Chronicles, the year is 1935 E.C., and the continent of Europa has been plunged into the Second Europan War between the Autocratic East Europan Imperial Alliance -- also known as The Empire -- and the Atlantic Federation over the precious resource Ragnite. The Empire is sweeping through the continent like an unchecked wildfire and has its eyes set on the rich Ragnite deposits of the Principality of Gallia. Although peaceful Gallia remains neutral in the conflict, its citizens will need to defend home and country against the inevitable invasion. Follow Lieutenant Welkin Gunther and the vaunted Squad 7 of the Gallian Militia as they take on the seemingly insurmountable forces of the Empire.

Warriors Orochi 4 - $59.99 / £54.99 / €69.99 (Oct 19)
A dream collaboration starring heroes from DYNASTY WARRIORS and SAMURAI WARRIORS! A roster of 170 playable characters! Five new characters - Zeus, Athena, Ares, Perseus, and Odin join the battle! Introducing "Magic" to the series, you can now experience even more thrilling and intense Musou Action! An online multiplayer mode is included for the first time ever in the series!

Will: A Wonderful Worlds - $14.99 / £13.69 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
WILL: A Wonderful World is a narrative game with a twist, packed with unique puzzles and an incredible cast. There was an urban legend. Write your troubles down on a note. Hold it in your hand at midnight and pray. “God, please help me…” Then God will hear your plea and change your fate. A young girl wakes up, groggy and in an unknown room. A talking dog appears before her and she becomes startled by his revelation: They are gods and it is their duty to change the fate of any humans that ask for their help. Letters appear in the mail and with pen in hand she begins her job. Dive deep into the story and learn about those that seek out your help but, remember, changing someone’s fate will affect others. Experience each story, edit letters and solve puzzles; perhaps the young girl’s memory will return, but what will she learn about herself and her mission?

Zarvot - $19.99 / £19.99 / €19.99 (Oct 19)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
This is a game of cubes. Tiny, adorable cubes with hopes, dreams, unrequited loves… and unlimited destructive power. In Story Mode, you’ll follow the adventures of Charcoal and Mustard as they search for the ultimate birthday present to cheer up their best friend, Red--who is feeling quite blue. Take the subway to nine unique worlds where you’ll battle rogue bananas, evil milk cartons, and crayon box spiders--whatever it takes to make Red happy again! In Multiplayer Mode, invite your friends and challenge them to cutthroat competitive cube combat! Show your skills with precision lasers and rapid fire guns, and master the devastating radial beam. Blast, warp, and crash through walls in over a dozen destructible thunderdomes across a variety of game modes. Zip around boulders in the forest, face off in dramatic rainstorms, evade environmental dangers, and more!

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 19, 2018

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Crayola Scoot - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 16 NA / ? EU)
Creativity wins in this colorful freestyle scooter championship! In Crayola Scoot, more tricks mean more color – and color can change the world in impossible ways. So get ready to take on Scoot Legends in a rainbow of thrilling events, or grab 3 friends for a split-screen color clash. It’s time to make your mark on the scootpark!
Ahh yes, the game that stole the corpse of Decksplash who stole Splatoon's idea.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Super Mario Odyssey has a new month appropriate costume available, and three new filters for Camera mode, being Kaleidoscope, Tile and Manga.

All three of them look pretty nice imo.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Crawfish posted:

Super Mario Odyssey has a new month appropriate costume available, and three new filters for Camera mode, being Kaleidoscope, Tile and Manga.

All three of them look pretty nice imo.

That's great except I've already got every single moon in the game and no real further reason to play it (messed about enough in Luigi's balloon mode). More DLC when!?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
ok

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, but Zombie Mario costume is still a cool thing.

I think there's two more datamined costumes left at this stage. One is clearly going to be a December one, so while they will probably never bother with DLC, their current post release support stuff does look like it'll be over and done with before the next likely Direct in late Jan/early Feb.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
There is too much praise for Mario and Rabbids a few pages back. I need to be a voice of dissent. I was attracted to it because many people drew parallels with it and XCOM. I love XCOM. I hated Rabbids.

I'll concede they are similar, in terms of positioning and unit skills, but Rabbids is much more of a puzzle game than an XCOM game. Most missions have an ideal way to accomplish the objective. My experience was one of trial and error and restarting missions to hit the bonus goals, which are a huge source of skill points.

Let's talk about skill points more. The other way to accumulate them is solving boring environmental puzzles in a confusing to navigate overworld.

The game has lots of good ideas but gating skills behind a terrible skill point system and the trial and error nature of the missions was a deal breaker.

If you like the sense of accomplishment you get from XCOM from being clever and salvaging a poo poo show, look elsewhere. If you must describe Rabbids in terms of another game, go with Fire Emblem. That game seems to have an ideal way of beating each mission, which is also why that series doesn't click with me. If you dig FE, then you'll probably enjoy Mario and Rabbids.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

There is too much praise for Mario and Rabbids a few pages back. I need to be a voice of dissent. I was attracted to it because many people drew parallels with it and XCOM. I love XCOM. I hated Rabbids.

I'll concede they are similar, in terms of positioning and unit skills, but Rabbids is much more of a puzzle game than an XCOM game. Most missions have an ideal way to accomplish the objective. My experience was one of trial and error and restarting missions to hit the bonus goals, which are a huge source of skill points.
I agree but at the same time it depends how deep the player is into XCOM and Squad Tactic games. While I'd get frustrated playing RCOM for longer periods of time because of those restrictions it was still a good mid-length session game.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I was a few costumes behind, Spewart Composer and now this Zombie one, so thanks for the heads up on that.

I spam Balloon World for coins to keep having every costume but finally they release something worth wearing. It's going to be really drat difficult to ever top Skeleton With An Axe In Its Head though, it is a shame to say it but Odyssey has peaked.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really like xcom and I also really like Mario+Rabbids

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

People forget OoT invented the whole lock on circle strafe thing. Pretty big deal imo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Andrast posted:

I really like xcom and I also really like Mario+Rabbids

Hell, same.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Zas posted:

People forget OoT invented the whole lock on circle strafe thing. Pretty big deal imo

You mean z-targeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
with no Z-targeting we wouldn't have Dark Souls