Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Now try that in loving VR. Mind. Blown.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

MedicineHut posted:

I drat near bought a PSVR just for that reason alone.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

MedicineHut posted:

It really is something!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:yikes:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

That doesn't look like something an engineer would write. The priorities are all off.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Imagine you're an engineer at CIG.

You have been working your rear end off the past few months to get the latest feature creep item in, just to see it getting rejected because crobberts changed his mind again.

Would you rather post on a review site to defend your lovely employer, or just crawl under your desk to get some sleep before your next 48 hour crunch shift begins?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I like how :reddit: and the person that faked that review, think that anything posted online is going to change how CIG operates.

Like Chris is gonna wake up tomorrow, see bad things were said, and shut the whole company down on a whim.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

iron buns posted:

Imagine you're an engineer at CIG.

You have been working your rear end off the past few months to get the latest feature creep item in, just to see it getting rejected because crobberts changed his mind again.

Would you rather post on a review site to defend your lovely employer, or just crawl under your desk to get some sleep before your next 48 hour crunch shift begins?

Cloud Imperium Games, 2018 (colorized)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

no_recall posted:

That doesn't look like something an engineer would write. The priorities are all off.

Yup, zero mention of Red Bull or Pizza.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

You have unironically posted xkcd, which is worse than even anime. That's at least a sixer.

lol yeah I know. I almost started that post with an "I know it's xkcd but" disclaimer, but I was phoneposting in bed and :effort:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Goblin posted:

lol yeah I know. I almost started that post with an "I know it's xkcd but" disclaimer, but I was phoneposting in bed and :effort:

i'm sure there's a xkcd about that

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

I wonder if a lot of the people saying SC is the best thing ever would make it on something like DynamicDCS. I wonder if they'd find its nature to be "fun" when you have to spend hours slinging ground units to capture an objective only to see the ground you captured the night before retaken in the day when the Europeans are online. I wonder if they'd find spending 30-45 minutes flying a repair crate 70nm in order to repair a command post. Not to mention the hours it takes to master an aircraft before even taking to multiplayer. Or spending 60 - 90 minutes scouting because there might be an enemy convoy on its way to capture a base only to find nothing and then have to RTB. I wonder if they'd find spending 10 minutes on the apron fun waiting for their ship to be fueled, having to punch in waypoint coordinates, etc. during pre-flight.

I'm rubbing. is there a decent getting started guide?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

i'm sure there's a xkcd about that

:negative:

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Is Ben ever coming back to Star Citizen?

or did he properly leave the company

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 18, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He didn't even tweet about con citizens, safe to say he is done.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ben's still round

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

:same:

I knew the second one was fake but the first got me.

I could tell because of the pixels.

Ramadu posted:

just wanbted to say this was an extremely funny political joke to me and i am very dissapointed with you dumb nerds who didnt get it

because liz warren self immolating over the stupidest thing ever is extremely funny

freakin 2018 man smh

Thanks GBS, remember to call your moms, she misses you.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
finally loving done with assassins creed odyssey

gently caress yea that was great, choices actually mattered and you can be a real loving sadistic fucker sometimes

like there's poo poo you do early in the game where 100 hours later it can come back to haunt you. game is probably one of the prettiest I've ever seen, the waves are especially awesome and some of the art is loving incredible

meta assassins creed spoilers btw so now its pretty much confirmed we're playing people in the animus who are also in the animus who are also in an animus from like the year 2942??? lol and I it also turns out that the animus isn't just a viewing device but the precursor animi can actually change time and reality itself, and its also heavily implied the next game will feature time travel of sorts anyway I thought that was cool and I kinda nerd out for weird AC lore

(btw ubi has already been working on the next AC since 2016, with a planned release for current/next gen consoles in 2020/21)

the new black ops BR mode is sweet as hell too, servers were up, stable and framerates are great, easy to get matched up, was shooting people and running around like an idiot in under a minute

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shilling attempt failed. Post gone.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheAgent posted:

gently caress yea that was great, choices actually mattered and you can be a real loving sadistic fucker sometimes

like there's poo poo you do early in the game where 100 hours later it can come back to haunt you. game is probably one of the prettiest I've ever seen, the waves are especially awesome and some of the art is loving incredible

meta assassins creed spoilers btw so now its pretty much confirmed we're playing people in the animus who are also in the animus who are also in an animus from like the year 2942??? lol and I it also turns out that the animus isn't just a viewing device but the precursor animi can actually change time and reality itself, and its also heavily implied the next game will feature time travel of sorts anyway I thought that was cool and I kinda nerd out for weird AC lore

(btw ubi has already been working on the next AC since 2016, with a planned release for current/next gen consoles in 2020/21)

the new black ops BR mode is sweet as hell too, servers were up, stable and framerates are great, easy to get matched up, was shooting people and running around like an idiot in under a minute

I think CIG is doing something similar.

If you keep asking the devs for more and more, eventually you don't get a game.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

I'm 50 hours in and nowhere close to done.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I'm 50 hours in and nowhere close to done.
my final playtime with 100% completion (although a single trophy questline didn't pop, so no platinum for me) was 140 hours

game is loving massive, no joke

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9p9hf0/if_youre_wondering_why_you_keep_getting_random/

Star Citizen is good

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also I really rushed through because red dead is coming in 2 weeks, new warframe poo poo is about to hit, the new call of duty is fun as hell, and too many goddamn games are loving coming out

I'll probably replay ACO as alexios to be a total insane murderous fiend (and to snatch that missing trophy)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

whooooooo that's tasteless

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I honestly cannot fathom folks playing other games when we have SC 3.3 available to us.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

I honestly cannot fathom folks playing other games when we have SC 3.3 available to us.
its it out for everyone yet or only the people who sunk shitloads of money into spaceship futures

because I'd give it a go, just like I do every patch

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

Hang on I though publishers were bad?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

They are, the agent is obviously day drinking again.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I think you're a putz, but I also think you're wrong here.

Yes, this is definitely a hive of negativity, I'll give you that.

However there are also people who say "this is a cool feature" or "I'll give it to cig for this one", myself included.

The most noteworthy thing recently has been the FOIP thing. It's certainly cool, and it's certainly a nice toy to have. It looks very neat and seems to work well.

But it has a couple issues as well:

It probably isn't going to work in an mmo setting. Far too much data to transmit.

It wasn't actually built by cig. It was built by Faceware who helped them integrate it and are still helping them out.

The demo they showed off is also not in the game either. Like the last demo, and the demo before that. Have you been shooting at any sandworms?

So we pay attention, but what are you paying attention to? How does "more stuff not in the game woo!" translate in any way to your happiness with progress? How does another year with yet another totally stand alone demo make anything better?

I'm glad CIG finally figured out how to do graphics culling so they don't render the inside of a man's tongue with 2M polys and a 4K texture who's the size of nothing on the screen now.

Unity has brought out its on face tracking tech, so every Indie Unity developer and their dog can rig up their own FoIP these days.

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/08/13/facial-ar-remote-animating-with-ar/

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

also I really rushed through because red dead is coming in 2 weeks, new warframe poo poo is about to hit, the new call of duty is fun as hell, and too many goddamn games are loving coming out

I'll probably replay ACO as alexios to be a total insane murderous fiend (and to snatch that missing trophy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVRzx17WHVk

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Is this real?

I'm continually amazed at how full of himself Chris is. His lack of humility is only really matched by his lack of talent.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The survival elements and having to do laundry and dumb poo poo like that have put me off RDR2. I don't even believe rockstar can make meter management fun.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Oh they are. But somehow that idiot Roberts made them less bad.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

tooterfish posted:

Is this real?

I'm continually amazed at how full of himself Chris is. His lack of humility is only really matched by his lack of talent.

no, if it was real it would be an actual twitter embed

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Daztek posted:

no, if it was real it would be an actual twitter embed

counterpoint:

never embed in case it gets deleted

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

That is proper object streaming for you.

The inevitable consequences of a loving client side Object Container Streaming system piece of poo poo.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

They are, the agent is obviously day drinking again.

People drink at night? Do Sysadmins know this?

The survival elements and having to do laundry and dumb poo poo like that have put me off RDR2. I don't even believe rockstar can make meter management fun.

I played the first; Rockstar can have my money.