Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
That's the cat's cake, silly.

EDIT: whatasnipe

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Oct 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Man, this comic got a lot weirder in recent weeks.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Paladinus posted:

Anime is bad. But it's even worse with subs.

Just checking. Are you actively trying to become the more like oldpainless amirite of anime or what?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
More like Badladinus, am I right?

Am... am I right?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Man, this comic got a lot weirder in recent weeks.

Whatever do you mean?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Mezzanine posted:

That's the cat's cake, silly.

EDIT: whatasnipe

I always imagined the third panel as his nose leading the rest of his facial features like that wonk Bart face in early Simpsons eps.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Cursed images thread is elsewhere.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's a very distinct style to these comics where even poo poo I'm 100% in agreement with is presented tediously and patronizingly

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a very distinct style to these comics where even poo poo I'm 100% in agreement with is presented tediously and patronizingly
They also tend to be long as hell so anyone who doesn't go into in agreeing with it will probably lose interest long before they have their opinion swayed

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

They are a bit like Chick Tracts.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
"smiling can be totally exhausting"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
still not as funny as "arbitrary standards of cleanliness"

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's also wrong to expect workers to be able to stand for 8 hours or to lift 40lbs.

ChubbyChecker has a new favorite as of 09:05 on Oct 18, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This one of those things that woman and people with social disabilities can very likely agree on

Putting up a false smile all the time fucks you up

Basically the problem is that liberals have no idea how to make propaganda, being so used to having to dress up or overexplain their views.

Ghost Leviathan has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Oct 18, 2018

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I could almost believe that these comics were actually designed as reverse psychology, to convince people to oppose the points they're making. Almost. Obviously it's actually just written by someone who doesn't realise how incredibly obnoxious they are, but they couldn't be less persuasive if they tried.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
They're trying to fit too much content in 1 comic.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I would like to see the arbitrary standards of cleanliness thing. Was it just posted? Did I miss it?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Volcott posted:

I would like to see the arbitrary standards of cleanliness thing. Was it just posted? Did I miss it?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
That's bad, thank you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tiggum posted:

I could almost believe that these comics were actually designed as reverse psychology, to convince people to oppose the points they're making. Almost. Obviously it's actually just written by someone who doesn't realise how incredibly obnoxious they are, but they couldn't be less persuasive if they tried.

Sad thing is, this kind of thing isn't new, and for a lot of people it's the only kind of feminism they've ever been exposed to. That should explain a lot.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I sure do love reading so much text in comics, a visual medium. Seems like there's a better way to inform people than to just put a giant blog post in a bubble and draw a talking head looking angry. Maybe draw a scene showing the difficulties and injustice that workers face?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiberius Christ posted:

I sure do love reading so much text in comics, a visual medium. Seems like there's a better way to inform people than to just put a giant blog post in a bubble and draw a talking head looking angry. Maybe draw a scene showing the difficulties and injustice that workers face?

How would they know what working is like, what with all the arbitrary standards of cleanliness and being expected to stand and possibly bend over

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Standing for 8 hours absolutely does suck and the US is basically the only country where jobs like that are still a thing. Nearly everywhere else, you'll at least be provided a chair. Having to put on a happy face for rude customers also blows. I don't think anyone who hasn't worked in retail or food service should have an opinion on those jobs. They're often absolutely miserable experiences, especially if your boss is one of those "the customer is always right" types, which they usually are

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kit Walker posted:

Standing for 8 hours absolutely does suck and the US is basically the only country where jobs like that are still a thing. Nearly everywhere else, you'll at least be provided a chair. Having to put on a happy face for rude customers also blows. I don't think anyone who hasn't worked in retail or food service should have an opinion on those jobs. They're often absolutely miserable experiences, especially if your boss is one of those "the customer is always right" types, which they usually are

Where do you live where every job possible can be done sitting down

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

From some old webcomic thread.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wyoming posted:

From some old webcomic thread.

lol

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

I don't think anyone who hasn't worked in retail or food service should have an opinion on those jobs. They're often absolutely miserable experiences, especially if your boss is one of those "the customer is always right" types, which they usually are

One of the many jobs I've had in the past was delivery driver and the best day of that job was when the frycook walked out and I just took over his job. It was way hotter and I didn't get to sit down anymore but never having to deal with poo poo customers again made it a straight upgrade.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Where do you live where every job possible can be done sitting down

I'm talking about jobs that explicitly have you standing around all day, like store clerk. Obviously any job that requires moving around doesn't count, but that's still really different from just standing for 8 hours straight. I'd rather spend 12 hours at my current job (construction work, where I'm mostly on my feet but get to move around) than 6 hours as a clerk or a security guard where my knees felt like they wanted to explode by hour 2

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kit Walker posted:

I'm talking about jobs that explicitly have you standing around all day, like store clerk. Obviously any job that requires moving around doesn't count, but that's still really different from just standing for 8 hours straight. I'd rather spend 12 hours at my current job (construction work, where I'm mostly on my feet but get to move around) than 6 hours as a clerk or a security guard where my knees felt like they wanted to explode by hour 2

Nothing wrong having to stand when you're a clerk. :shrug:

Besides, if you got time to sit, you got time to clean or something else. Always something to be done.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Nothing wrong having to stand when you're a clerk. :shrug:

Besides, if you got time to sit, you got time to clean or something else. Always something to be done.

There's absolutely no reason you have to stand if you're working the till.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kit Walker posted:

There's absolutely no reason you have to stand if you're working the till.

That's not very American of you. Stand. Always stand. It looks bad to have any sort of comfort beyond a rubber floor mat.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/jakelikesonions/status/1052607579912843267

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Retail and customer service are the only jobs that can you not only get slapped for not smiling, but also for too much laughing and smiling (and not enough work being done!). All the while you are paid as little as possible.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shnag posted:

Retail and customer service are the only jobs that can you not only get slapped for not smiling, but also for too much laughing and smiling (and not enough work being done!). All the while you are paid as little as the possible.

I once got pulled aside at Walmart and told I was making friends and that's not why I was there. There's a special place in hell for the management that drank the corporate KoolAid

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Len posted:

I once got pulled aside at Walmart and told I was making friends and that's not why I was there. There's a special place in hell for the management that drank the corporate KoolAid

They're afraid you might form a union.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They're afraid you might form a union.

That was a different talk. You don't use the "U" word at Walmart because unions are bad and only out to deepen their own pockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gbEKy7eJak

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Those comics aren't meant to change people's minds or inform, they're meant for someone who already agrees with them to glance over the first few panels and then post them on their tumblr or other social media with "THIS IS SO TRUE" or "YES" as a caption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018