Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The hero doesn't go in disguise though, he just shows as a normal spectator, and the flying guillotine neither impales people nor does it lift them up like a crane.

I guess I can broadly see the connection, but that's a lot of factors you'd have to misremember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Samuel Clemens posted:

The hero doesn't go in disguise though, he just shows as a normal spectator, and the flying guillotine neither impales people nor does it lift them up like a crane.

I guess I can broadly see the connection, but that's a lot of factors you'd have to misremember.

There's a lot of misremembering in this thread, I was just throwing it out there as a possibility dude.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Sounds like a pretty fabulous movie, too.

Edit: OK, it's so bad it's good, and it has amazing moments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVXNMkXL4Yo&t=391s Ending: the one-armed man's final killing blow to the guillotine master sends him flying through the roof into the air; he then kicks a coffin underneath the guillotine master to catch his dead body as it rolls off the roof.

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 3, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Samuel Clemens posted:

I misremembered a Simpsons gag as an actual movie, so there's definitely been bigger stretches.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

The Macaroni posted:

Sounds like a pretty fabulous movie, too.

Edit: OK, it's so bad it's good, and it has amazing moments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVXNMkXL4Yo&t=391s Ending: the one-armed man's final killing blow to the guillotine master sends him flying through the roof into the air; he then kicks a coffin underneath the guillotine master to catch his dead body as it rolls off the roof.

That movie is great for ripping on with your friends.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Leavemywife posted:

That movie is great for ripping on with your friends.

Yep, you got that right.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ape Agitator posted:

Yep, you got that right.

I don't know how you can see something like this and not love it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PkG1k6u3Jk

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
That is legitimately one of my favorite characters/scenes ever.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone know this movie? A colleague of mine described it like this:

quote:

this woman was pinned down to a table, and had a cut on her arm and a big tube thing came down and a giant spider was crawling into the cut

Any ideas?

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Akuma posted:

Anyone know this movie? A colleague of mine described it like this:

Any ideas?

Rupture? With Noomi Rapace?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Murphys Law posted:

Oh, good call.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Murphys Law posted:

Good guess! There’s definitely a spider and a tube :)

My friend is adamant that it was a lady bound to a table, probably naked, and just one large spider.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Akuma posted:

Any ideas?

I think there was a scene like this in Buckaroo Banzai, but it may not have been a spider there.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Zopotantor posted:

I think there was a scene like this in Buckaroo Banzai, but it may not have been a spider there.

It was some kind of alien that looked like a horseshoe crab, and it was coming down a ramp, not a tube.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

I saw what I think was the start to a horror film in the early 90s. Movie made possibly in 70s or 80s, color. The scene was a woman (I think) wandering through a cemetery during daytime, it was sunny but turned cloudy and windy, then there's a shot of an open grave, the camera looks into the grave and a male vampire is laying in there, opens his eyes wide and his mouth wide revealing his fangs. That's all I remember.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

meatpath posted:

I saw what I think was the start to a horror film in the early 90s. Movie made possibly in 70s or 80s, color. The scene was a woman (I think) wandering through a cemetery during daytime, it was sunny but turned cloudy and windy, then there's a shot of an open grave, the camera looks into the grave and a male vampire is laying in there, opens his eyes wide and his mouth wide revealing his fangs. That's all I remember.

I want to say Salem's Lot because of the whole eyes-opening thing, but nah. A quick search for some keywords however and it sounds more like "Grave of the Vampire" from your description.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://i.imgur.com/bhVKo8w.gifv

what dis from

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Is that intended to be one or three different things? I'd swear the last bit looks like the compound in Delta Force 2 but I haven't seen it in so long I'll have to check.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm trying to remember a 90's (possibly 80's) scifi movie about a gritty mining colony on an asteroid or something like that. I think it was about a bunch of prisoners taken to the colony to do something and one of the inmates was a creepy pedophile type who intimidates a kid so the kid ends up killing him by loving with the controls of his mining drone, or something in that vein. It was low budget and I think it was bad but I want to remember the name.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Shibawanko posted:

I'm trying to remember a 90's (possibly 80's) scifi movie about a gritty mining colony on an asteroid or something like that. I think it was about a bunch of prisoners taken to the colony to do something and one of the inmates was a creepy pedophile type who intimidates a kid so the kid ends up killing him by loving with the controls of his mining drone, or something in that vein. It was low budget and I think it was bad but I want to remember the name.

Moon 44, created by the guys who made ID4.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
I just watched Final Destination 5 the other night, and there's a part in it where a gun left on a stove burner goes off, shooting and killing someone. I remember this happening in an action movie, like maybe the hero, during an action sequence, does that intentionally to kill someone, but for the life of me I can't remember what movie. Anyone remember this happening in something?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

codyclarke posted:

I just watched Final Destination 5 the other night, and there's a part in it where a gun left on a stove burner goes off, shooting and killing someone. I remember this happening in an action movie, like maybe the hero, during an action sequence, does that intentionally to kill someone, but for the life of me I can't remember what movie. Anyone remember this happening in something?

In Red, Bruce willis puts loose bullets in a pan over a stove so they go off after a while as a distraction, if that sounds right?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

codyclarke posted:

In Shoot'em Up a character holds bullets between his fingers and puts it into the fire to shoot someone without a gun.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Ape Agitator posted:

Moon 44, created by the guys who made ID4.

drat, it doesn't even have a tvtropes page. Thanks!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Jedit posted:

In Shoot'em Up a character holds bullets between his fingers and puts it into the fire to shoot someone without a gun.

This is definitely what was on the tip of my tongue in my brain, thanks!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
For a friend here.

He remembers an old man (white or grey hair) saying his name was 'Edith'. Another character is surprised by this name and asks him to confirm it. And he does.

Sorry, he can't remember anything else.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Ghost Dad, Sir Ed-ith Moser.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"It's not a guhl's name, it's a BOUYZ name!"

I think a goon has part of that conversation as custom text.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Reading the Wikipedia entry for No Exit reminded me of a short film I remember seeing. I think it was shot in black and white, probably in the 60's or 70's, and was about a guy trapped in a room with seemingly no exit, except occasionally people would appear through hidden doors in the walls, floor and ceiling Laugh-In style to talk to him and maybe to tell him he can choose to leave at any time. I want to say someone really famous nowdays was attached to it in an off-camera role either as director, writer or producer, but they may have been an unknown at the time (or mistaking it for something else).

Anyone have any idea what film this was?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Alris posted:

Reading the Wikipedia entry for No Exit reminded me of a short film I remember seeing. I think it was shot in black and white, probably in the 60's or 70's, and was about a guy trapped in a room with seemingly no exit, except occasionally people would appear through hidden doors in the walls, floor and ceiling Laugh-In style to talk to him and maybe to tell him he can choose to leave at any time. I want to say someone really famous nowdays was attached to it in an off-camera role either as director, writer or producer, but they may have been an unknown at the time (or mistaking it for something else).

Anyone have any idea what film this was?

Jim Henson's The Cube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9emTbe5CZw

wyoming fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 16, 2018

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

SimonCat posted:

Ghost Dad, Sir Ed-ith Moser.

Thanks!

CountryFriedSnake
Feb 25, 2006
Okay, I'm at a loss and all I've got is a scene where the MC (I think he's the MC) is driving cab and there's white guy (office type) in the back jacked up on coke and spittin' rhymes (trying to). The driver gets pissed, stops the cab and pulls his fare out and leaves.
Yeah, not much to go on. Thanks.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
This sounds Spike Lee-ish.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I was watching old episodes of Night Gallery, and in one a character is watching an old black and white movie in a theater.

The one character from the B&W film looked like a wolf man, saying something about 'the house of pain'.

Any clues? Trying to google 'house of pain movie' just brings up stuff about the 90s hip-hop group.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

LadyPictureShow posted:

I was watching old episodes of Night Gallery, and in one a character is watching an old black and white movie in a theater.

The one character from the B&W film looked like a wolf man, saying something about 'the house of pain'.

Any clues? Trying to google 'house of pain movie' just brings up stuff about the 90s hip-hop group.

Island of Lost Souls.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Island of Lost Souls.

Cool, thanks!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
open ended, but were there movies/tv shows where a character is trying to stifle a laughter at an inappropriate place (funeral) and someone thinks they are crying?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

Island of Lost Souls.

And it's Bela Lugosi himself.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Alan Smithee posted:

open ended, but were there movies/tv shows where a character is trying to stifle a laughter at an inappropriate place (funeral) and someone thinks they are crying?

Heathers comes to mind but this could be any number of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Coupling, the "Giggle loop" episode?

Two more requests from me:

One is a 80-90s horror movie, of which I remember vaguely that people are in a coma in a hospital and trapped in a sort of hell dimension or whatever where they are "killed" for good one by one; at the end, the main character wakes up and runs up to love interest whose death is just being called by the doctor and machines disconnected; he threatens/insists they turn on the machines again/they perform CPR on her, and she also wakes up.

Crime movie, also 80s/90s; sort of a modern Bonnie and Clyde remake but the protagonists are in their early twenties. I remember the father of "Bonnie" is also the sheriff that is chasing them through their killing spree, thinking his daughter is being plagiarized by "Clyde".