Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
What do you guys think about this trade in 0.5 PPR?

I give:
Eric Ebron
Alex Collins

I get:
Stefon Diggs

Rest of my team is:

QB: Brady, Watson, Dalton (2 QB league)
RB: Connor, Ingram, Crowell
WR: Hopkins, Hilton, Lockett, Coutee

I could pick up Austin Hooper off waivers to replace Ebron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

I give:
Eric Ebron
Alex Collins

I get:
Stefon Diggs

Rest of my team is:

I like it.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Mikey Purp posted:

I give:
Eric Ebron
Alex Collins

I get:
Stefon Diggs

Rest of my team is:

The value is good, it's just going to leave you light at RB.

Never Easy
May 9, 2008
I am in a performance league scoring based on yards and scores, 3 WR 2 RB no flex

I am planning to trade away Julio Jones for Mark Ingram

My team

WR: Antonio Brown, Calvin Ridley, Sammy Watkins, Tyler Lockett

RB: Carlos Hyde, Alex Collins, Marlon Mack

Thoughts?

Never Easy fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 18, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

dkj posted:

The value is good, it's just going to leave you light at RB.

Whoops, I forgot I also have Tarik Cohen too. So I should be pretty well covered? Whatevs, I offered it, we'll see if she accepts

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Mikey Purp posted:

Whoops, I forgot I also have Tarik Cohen too. So I should be pretty well covered? Whatevs, I offered it, we'll see if she accepts

As long as you don't end up with any injuries it'll be enough to get through bye weeks.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
PPR

Ebron is not a top 3 TE rest of year right? I got Njoku and am planning to drop Ebron to waivers right before the Sunday games start.

Is this a good idea?

No trades to be had sadly.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

ScottyJSno posted:

PPR

Ebron is not a top 3 TE rest of year right? I got Njoku and am planning to drop Ebron to waivers right before the Sunday games start.

Is this a good idea?

Ebron is benefiting a lot from the injuries to Hilton and Doyle and he'll drop off his pace when one or both of them come back. That said, he's still a huge red zone target for Luck and should have a lot of value going forward. He's not a top 3 TE in large part because Gronk, Kelce, and Ertz exist, but he is productive and the position is such a tire fire this year that I wouldn't drop him. Why are you looking to dump him?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ScottyJSno posted:

PPR

Is this a good idea?

I am literally the biggest Eric Ebron fan in these here dumb fantasy football threads but he is not a top 3 tight end ROS (Gronk/Kelce/Ertz). But neither is Njoku. Find a way to keep them both because Njoku has a bonkers good upcoming schedule but dropping Ebron is roster malpractice.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Hi all. I play in a casual office league (no PPR) with my below average team and I am asking if I should try to improve my defense in preparation for LAC's upcoming bye and perhaps keeping them on for the rest of the season.

My Team:
QB: Cousins
WR: Julio, Tate, Funchess, Fuller,
RB: DJ, Breida, Drake, L Miller, I Smith, D Foreman (free IR slot)
TE: Kelce
K: Zuerlein
DEF: LAC

Available Defenses: Balt, Den, NYJ, Sea, Ten

Also, if anyone is worthless on my team please let me know. Much appreciated. Thank you!

Blinkman987 fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 18, 2018

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Blinkman987 posted:

Hi all. I play in a casual office league (no PPR) with my below average team and I am asking if I should try to improve my defense in preparation for LAC's upcoming bye and perhaps keeping them on for the rest of the season.

My Team:
QB: Cousins
WR: Julio, Tate, Funchess, Fuller,
RB: DJ, Breida, Drake, L Miller, I Smith, D Foreman (free IR slot)
TE: Kelce
K: Zuerlein
DEF: LAC

Available Defenses: Balt, Den, NYJ, Sea, Ten

Also, if anyone is worthless on my team please let me know. Much appreciated. Thank you!

I'd pick up Baltimore right now. Someone dropped them because they play the Saints this week but rest of season I'd rather have the Ravens over the Chargers easy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone dropped the Ravens but I have the Bears. Ravens schedule doesn't look that great TBH.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Whatever happened to the two players that traded their entire teams for each other?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Zack posted:

Whatever happened to the two players that traded their entire teams for each other?

It went through and we're playing each other this week :getin:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Never Easy posted:

I am in a performance league scoring based on yards and scores, 3 WR 2 RB no flex

I am planning to trade away Julio Jones for Mark Ingram

My team

WR: Antonio Brown, Calvin Ridley, Sammy Watkins, Tyler Lockett

RB: Carlos Hyde, Alex Collins, Marlon Mack

Thoughts?

You should be aiming higher for Julio.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Poque posted:

It went through and we're playing each other this week :getin:

Awesome. Keep us posted

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

axelord posted:

I'd pick up Baltimore right now. Someone dropped them because they play the Saints this week but rest of season I'd rather have the Ravens over the Chargers easy.

After Saints, it's Carolina, Pittsburgh, bye, Cincinnati. Then ok Oakland is exploitable for sure, then Atlanta, KC, Tampa Bay, and Chargers. That's an awful RoS. Chargers get Tennessee, bye, then Seattle, Oakland, Denver, Arizona (so Seattle is kinda scary, but the rest are great starts for them), then a similarly bad end to the season as Ravens do (Pittsburgh, KC, Cincinnati, Baltimore). Chargers are the better play rest of season easily if you had to only hold one. But really I'd probably get a second defense for Chargers bye and Seattle games, then play Chargers the following three, then grab someone else.

Edit: Miami has Houston and NYJ weeks 8 and 9, as well as Indy, Buffalo, and Jacksonville before the season's out. Without looking exhaustively at everyone's schedule, I suspect they'll be one of my favorite streaming options the rest of the way.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 18, 2018

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

The viability of LAC D I think honestly rests in Bosa's return timetable.

If he is actually back after the bye and in good shape, they should be solid ROS.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I have bad news about Joey Bosa

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’ve been offered the following trade .5ppr:

I give:
Sony Michel

I get:
Brandin Cooks

I currently have:
RBs: D. Johnson, Mixon, Ingram, Michel, K. Johnson
WRs: Adams, Robinson, John Brown, Corey Davis, Kirk, Valdez-Scantling, Meridith

It would help me this week with Adams on a bye, but it’ll kill me week 9 with both D. Johnson and Mixon on a bye. I’m thinking about taking it. What do you guys think?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

herculon posted:

I give:
Sony Michel

I get:
Brandin Cooks

I currently have:

It would help me this week with Adams on a bye, but it’ll kill me week 9 with both D. Johnson and Mixon on a bye. I’m thinking about taking it. What do you guys think?

I'm passing on that

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice

herculon posted:

I give:
Sony Michel

I get:
Brandin Cooks

I currently have:

Michel might be an RB1 rest of season. I’d pass.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

This is my first year doing IDP.

Is there a resource out there that shows how certain positions are scoring vs certain teams? Like, if I want to know how LBs have been scoring against the Dolphins, where can I find that?

I'm kind of streaming my defensive flex but don't really know who to target.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Gobias Ind. posted:

Is there a resource out there that shows how certain positions are scoring vs certain teams? Like, if I want to know how LBs have been scoring against the Dolphins, where can I find that?

This is what you are looking for I believe

http://www.idpguru.com/2018/09/2018-idp-points-allowed-by-position.html

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

What platform? At least on fleaflicker, if you hover over the time/date next to the player's name, it says how that team ranks in scoring vs that player's position. Whatever you're using probably has something similar?

Generally, though, I wouldn't worry too much about it for LBs. DBs can do better against bad QBs that force bad throws and DLs can do better against teams with a bad oline, but LBs being successful seems to be more about defensive scheme and the personnel surrounding them.

Putting it in Excel but not letting the scoring settings be changed, smdh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have to start derek Anderson in a league this week. Basically, I've already lost.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gobias Ind. posted:

So I haven't done IDP in years, but when I did I always targeted the dudes who had the most tackles. It's like PPR receivers. They may not blow the lid off your team, but they will get you consistent points. Seemed to work out then, but admittedly I have no clue about the viability of that strategy now.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm starting Mayfield in place of Rodgers on bye, so fair warning to everyone else starting him, this is where the Bucs defense finally holds a QB to less than 10 points.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

VietCampo posted:

I'm starting Mayfield in place of Rodgers on bye, so fair warning to everyone else starting him, this is where the Bucs defense finally holds a QB to less than 10 points.

All the bucs have to do is triple Jarvis, there are no other receivers with functioning hands left.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

All the bucs have to do is triple Jarvis, there are no other receivers with functioning hands left.

Duke Johnson

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's not like Mayfield has a lot of problems keeping himself to 10 points anyway

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Duke Johnson

they'd have to actually use him

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ches Neckbeard posted:

they'd have to actually use him

Exactly. He's on the WW but I'm not sure why I would pick him up. Then again the same could be said for Chubb.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

MacheteZombie posted:

I have to start derek Anderson in a league this week. Basically, I've already lost.

What the gently caress? Are you in a 20 team league or something?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

What the gently caress? Are you in a 20 team league or something?

14 team 2 qb. Took this team over and my qbs are Russell Wilson, Fitzpatrick (got at the start of the season), nathan peterman, Foles, dropped Stanton for Anderson. So much lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

IDP Guru is my go to for IDP. My only complaint is he doesn't always put waiver wire up on Tuesdays, which means he's posting a waiver wite article after everyone's waivers have cleared.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

weird Asian candy posted:

So I haven't done IDP in years, but when I did I always targeted the dudes who had the most tackles. It's like PPR receivers. They may not blow the lid off your team, but they will get you consistent points. Seemed to work out then, but admittedly I have no clue about the viability of that strategy now.

It's a solid strategy. Usually sacks are worth 2-3 pts a pop so LB that blitz, like Darius Leonard this year, are absolutely boss.

In my 14-team IDP league we do 4 DBs, 2 DL, and 4 LBs. It's a lot of fun. Playing IDP has improved my streaming abilities.

This year, I didn't draft any defensive players really. I focused on building offensive depth. I had never tried this strangely before. There are a few sure fire studs on defensive each year, but the landscape changes so quickly week to week that I liked my chances adding bits and pieces as the weeks went on. I was able to grab adequate defensive talent on the FA list after the draft for week 1, and then picked up and streamed positions until they started to solidify.

I started off slow in the league but now I'm 3-3, I've got my defense in a really great position and my offensive depth is good. I like my chances going forward.

Edit: just want to clarify I meant in the first few weeks of a year the defensive landscape changes rapidly. Also wanted to point out I've been doing IDP for many many years, I wouldn't recommend this strategy unless you're familiar with the defensive talent in the league.

decypher fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 18, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Someone did drop Goff a few days ago in my league, but someone used his #1 waiver to pick him up.

Also Flacco is a way better option this week than Mayfield ya?

edit: holy cow i did not know Flacco is 3rd in the league in pass attempts so far, lol. Yea i'll grab him instead.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

VietCampo posted:

Also Flacco is a way better option this week than Mayfield ya?

Absolutely.