Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

When’s the next pikachu with a hat? I’m getting impatient.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Themata posted:

Where do you live where this is possible?

I live at a ski resort where there's a few gyms at the top of chairs that are closed in the summer. I was tempted last year to go up and take one of them on the last day and enjoy holding it from April to November, unless some motivated hikers came along. Then I didn't end up going up on closing day.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pomplamoose posted:

Celebi quest... riiiiiight. It’s totally that and not you trying to organize a four-way cuckhold.
...alrighty

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Furnaceface posted:

Why did they have to add in the new gen just as winter is starting? I love me some Pokemon but not enough to go out when it hits -40C. :colbert:

I would. I miss cold weather so badly.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Furnaceface posted:

Frostbite is real and scary and I would like to keep my fingers as they are important for spinning gyms and throwing pokeballs. :colbert:

Wear layers and a Go-Tcha. Even in Winnipeg you can be a Pokémon master!

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Furnaceface posted:

Why did they have to add in the new gen just as winter is starting? I love me some Pokemon but not enough to go out when it hits -40C. :colbert:

How are the Pachirisu? Would you be open to procuring some for goons?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Jesus these new guys are a pain in the rear end to catch even with curve balls and berries.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Oyster posted:

How are the Pachirisu? Would you be open to procuring some for goons?

Canada is such an amazing place that the -40 where Furnaceface lives is actually well below the line where Pachirisu starts to spawn.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Is CalcyIV updated with the new CPs?

I played a lot of diamond and I can hear starly and bidoof in my head.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
staraptor best bird

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

HookShot posted:

Canada is such an amazing place that the -40 where Furnaceface lives is actually well below the line where Pachirisu starts to spawn.

Yowza. I'm in Michigan, it was snowing today, but I'll take that over -40....pretty much any day.

Also, fun fact: -40 in Celsius is -40 in Fahrenheit. Wild.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Why doesn't southwestern US get poo poo? The gently caress, Florida!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Got off work, saw by my house an EX eligible gym with a Mawile with 2 minutes left, ran over there immediately to hop in mainly in hopes to trigger an ex pass. Nearly out of breath I got in, then got this:

Even if I don't get the ex raid invite it was worth it!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

Florida gets Corsola, at least parts of it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's a shame the word filter probably won't let me give my Bibarel it's Canonical True Name: "HM Bitch"

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

aniviron posted:

Florida gets Corsola, at least parts of it.

Florida isn't in the southwestern US.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

28766f69642a2930 posted:

staraptor best bird

Original Creation Do Not Steal

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Cowslips Warren posted:

Gotta wait one more generation for Maractus.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Themata posted:

Where do you live where this is possible?
Central IL about midway between St. Louis and Chicago.

It's a pretty decent-sized town with two universities and a very active pogo community. But drive off in any direction for 20-30 minutes and you're in loving cornfields and tiny shithole towns with random gyms at their post offices or whatever.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oyster posted:

Yowza. I'm in Michigan, it was snowing today, but I'll take that over -40....pretty much any day.

Also, fun fact: -40 in Celsius is -40 in Fahrenheit. Wild.

Well if you go west from my city across the lake you hit Michigan. I line up with a place called Grayling. Between the great lakes and the natural geography, the area that surrounds me creates some very extreme weather so I can see 40C+ in the summer with humidity and -40C or colder with windchill in the winter. Also tons of snow (~230cm average). It certainly makes going out and playing this game interesting. :v:

Also yeah, I dont get Pachirisu. Just the same dumb Tauros everyone else gets. :(

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

The Gen 4 launch along with the general spawn changes has been a lot of fun. I've been seeing evolved forms of lots of things and there have been plenty of Gen 4 starters around. It took me forever to fully evolve all of the Gen 3 starters so it feels way different this time around.

My best Gen 4 find so far is a 98% weather boosted 1043cp Turtwig. Also found a 96% Piplup, although i also have an 80% with double the CP.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Here I am still waiting for Absol to spawn in the wild. I know I'm never going to get one otherwise!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Hell yeah, max Ghost badge complete! Just Bug, Ice, Dark and (ugh) Dragon left to go.

Dragon just hit bronze off today's Suicune.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

BGrifter posted:

Hell yeah, max Ghost badge complete! Just Bug, Ice, Dark and (ugh) Dragon left to go.

Dragon just hit bronze off today's Suicune.

Suicune is a water type, though...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So for the weekly field research thingie. I completed it now, but I don't want to claim the reward now because it's a Suicuine or w/e.
I can just wait until it's something else and then claim the reward right?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it won't change until the end of the month so you might as well just claim it now.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Apparently 3 of the new 20 are region-locked? I was hoping that this stupid poo poo would wind down over time, not be ramped up.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Next summer there'll be another big challenge and regional eggs.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Suicune is a water type, though...

Mixed that up. The quest that completed the Suicune was an evolve 10 waters, which gives Dratini. :doh:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Beachcomber posted:

Next summer there'll be another big challenge and regional eggs.

that'll unfortunately only be for gen 2 most likely, which only has 2 regionals.

this also means that unless they do these events more often, it'll be some three years until we get these gen 4 regionals.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I think that's the idea, otherwise no one would try to get them.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Protip posted:

The Gen 4 launch along with the general spawn changes has been a lot of fun. I've been seeing evolved forms of lots of things

My house is some sort of Machoke hangout now, it's great.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I've been catching Murkrows. Tons of them. Since I started playing again I have had a strange affinity for them. I named the highest CP and IV one Poe. Whenever I catch a better Murkrow, Poe is ground up and replaced with Poe. Out of the hundreds of Murkrow I've caught, I've never seen a shiny. I have time though. I have candy for evolution. I continue to catch Murkrow.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
lmao at the thicc bunny pokemon. I guess it was a matter of time before furry pokemon became a thing.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I've got two shiny Murkrows, they are my favorites. DonBird and Baba Yaga are their names.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I've never seen a shiny Murkrow, despite clicking on all of them I've ever seen. Same with Wailmer.

I think it's the RNG evening out the fact that I have two shiny Shellder, despite only having seen like 300 of them in the history of the game, not even since they started being potentially shiny.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

lmao at the thicc bunny pokemon. I guess it was a matter of time before furry pokemon became a thing.

Welcome to 2008? I think?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

HookShot posted:

I've never seen a shiny Murkrow, despite clicking on all of them I've ever seen. Same with Wailmer.

I think it's the RNG evening out the fact that I have two shiny Shellder, despite only having seen like 300 of them in the history of the game, not even since they started being potentially shiny.

I got a shiny Murkrow about two months ago! Now a shiny Roselia I've never seen one of those.

Also this just made me laugh:

https://twitter.com/Coelasquid/status/1052998855329902592

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Anybody else get crashes on the regular when catching? It's been happening to me every few catches since Sinnoh came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

TheMaestroso posted:

Anybody else get crashes on the regular when catching? It's been happening to me every few catches since Sinnoh came out.

I had it happen once today, but not regularly.