Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Torrannor posted:

So how do you go about this? Refuse to vote, so that Republicans have unified control of government for all eternity?

Realize that the deck is stacked against normal people and that maybe, just maybe, more is required to save our society than just voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

Yeah I'd agree with you there.

In other news, Nebraska's tourism commission has a hilarious marketing campaign out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.8925c888da85

https://twitter.com/cesenmargeurite/status/1052709678122246146

And I gotta be honest, after seeing this, Nebraska has dropped a few positions on the list of places I don't want to be sent for work.

All that poo poo is out in Western Nebraska, a shorter drive from Denver than Omaha or Lincoln. Granted, the Sandhills have a lot of neat stuff but they're extraordinarily isolated from anything resembling civilization so uh

honestly it's not for everyone

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Torrannor posted:

So how do you go about this? Refuse to vote, so that Republicans have unified control of government for all eternity?

So I get the feeling of helplessness in the face of this, and you can't just drop a crate of baseball bats at your local ANTIFA recruiting center and say "go nuts". A way you can help is locally in your community by doing socially minded tasks. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, hook up with the DSA for one of their many grass roots campaigns, attend meetings of like-minded groups. FOR NOW, things like gathering and discussing political change in this country are legal. Take advantage of this before any of our speech or assembly rights are curtailed.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
And if anyone thinks EBB is exaggerating, the conservative spin machine is already moving in that direction. They’ve been vocally comparing the Kavanaugh protests to dangerous “mob rule”. These people won’t play by the rules, we have to be ready not to as well.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/frudbezhan/status/1052902699774160897?s=21

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: bad joke lol

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

To add to this: They were in a meeting when they were gunned down by their own security detail.

A few American troops were injured but not killed.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
ah, green on green

what crazy antics won't you get into

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

To add to this: They were in a meeting when they were gunned down by their own security detail.

A few American troops were injured but not killed.

Oh, so business as usual.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Everything coming up Milhouse in Afghanistan

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
As much as people bitch about Pelosi, Schumer is way worse at his job than she at hers.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I almost want a shameless shill like Booker to become senate majority/minority leader because at least he'll put on a show while posturing for a white house run.

Schumer is the Sideshow Bob in a field of rakes of politicians.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Julian Castro apparently said he'd consider running for President on the Daily show (do absolutely no crowd reaction whatsoever), and at that point, I realized the stuff I knew about him was actually about his brother.

And he said 15 to 20 people running in the primaries would be a good thing.

I'm...I'm...I don't know, my head hurts.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah, Schumer is awful and represents just about everything wrong with the Democratic Party at the moment.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1052916693843025920?s=19

Edit: and about the Afghanistan thing, the US has been entering negotiations with the Taliban recently and not telling the Afghan government and poo poo like this happens lol

Dub edit:

https://twitter.com/LRonMexico/status/1052252362746806272?s=19

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 18, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Julian Castro apparently said he'd consider running for President on the Daily show (do absolutely no crowd reaction whatsoever), and at that point, I realized the stuff I knew about him was actually about his brother.

And he said 15 to 20 people running in the primaries would be a good thing.

I'm...I'm...I don't know, my head hurts.

The Castro brothers are the platonoic ideal Democrat, right down to spinelessness

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

new democratic party theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Since any full probe would most likely implicate Democrats as well. :ssh:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Arrest all of them.

Worked good for Iceland.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think they just don't want to overplay the impeachment/investigation stuff. Which would be a smart move.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

“Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth,
and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil
continually.”

I simply read this text one time preaching at a university and a young reporter came up to me and he said, “I don’t agree with your interpretation.”

And I said, “Young man, I didn’t interpret the text. I read it.”

And he said, “Well, I don’t agree.”

And I said, “Young man, let me tell you something. If I could pull out your heart right now, if I could take every thought you have ever had from your first waking moment until this very hour, if I could take every thought you have ever had, not just your deeds, but your thoughts, only your thoughts and I could put them on a video and I could show that video here in this auditorium tonight you would run off of this campus and you would never show your face here again because you have thought things so wicked and so perverted you cannot even share them with your closest friend. As a matter of fact, if your closest friends new some of the thoughts you have had against him, he would no longer beyour friend. And, young man, I do not know that because I am a prophet. I know that because it is what the Scriptures say and I know that like you I, too, am a man.”

I can say the same thing about every one of you here tonight. You would spend every ounce of energy to hide from every one in this room what has gone through your mind just in the last hour. Don’t tell me scripture is not right when it talks about all men having sinned because all men are sinners.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the people who are bought and sold by the same people who buy and sell Republicans are not going to look too deeply into what goes on behind the throne

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Soulex posted:

continually.”

I simply read this text one time preaching at a university and a young reporter came up to me and he said, “I don’t agree with your interpretation.”

And I said, “Young man, let me tell you something. If I could pull out your heart right now, if I could take every thought you have ever had from your first waking moment until this very hour, if I could take every thought you have ever had, not just your deeds, but your thoughts, only your thoughts and I could put them on a video and I could show that video here in this auditorium tonight you would run off of this campus and you would never show your face here again because you have thought things so wicked and so perverted you cannot even share them with your closest friend. As a matter of fact, if your closest friends new some of the thoughts you have had against him, he would no longer beyour friend. And, young man, I do not know that because I am a prophet. I know that because it is what the Scriptures say and I know that like you I, too, am a man.”

I can say the same thing about every one of you here tonight. You would spend every ounce of energy to hide from every one in this room what has gone through your mind just in the last hour. Don’t tell me scripture is not right when it talks about all men having sinned because all men are sinners.

Praise be!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Trump wants to use the military to close the Mexico/US border

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...o7uzFE9DDnx0YN0

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I look forward to the video of Marines pissing on a dead Guatemalan family and FOX explaining that it's not a big deal.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 18, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gonna get more immigrants as spouses than currently crossing illegally if that happens.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

I look forward to the video of Marines pushing on a dead Guatemalan family and FOX explaining that it's not a big deal.

I'm waiting for the day they send me a letter saying "gently caress you, put the uniform back on, do our bidding."

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

EBB posted:

I'm waiting for the day they send me a letter saying "gently caress you, put the uniform back on, do our bidding."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Do your M4s even have bayonet lugs anymore? Gonna look pretty funny trying to make a pike wall with carbines.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

MA-Horus posted:

Do your M4s even have bayonet lugs anymore? Gonna look pretty funny trying to make a pike wall with carbines.

They do because drill and ceremony, and the military can never move on. They don't even teach infantry bayonet training anymore.

My old arms room had several hundred bayonets that still had the packing grease on them.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

poo poo, they're already using MQ-9 drones on the border for surveillance. Ever see a chili truck get hellfired? I bet that instant roasted chili smells delicious.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGMAW1wzQ8

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

They do because drill and ceremony, and the military can never move on. They don't even teach infantry bayonet training anymore.

My old arms room had several hundred bayonets that still had the packing grease on them.

I am very surprised by that. I mean a few days of it isn’t even that helpful. Not the same army but I did it in 2010.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Doesn't this require an act of congress.

*Looks at congress* Oh right nevermind thats not a problem. It'd be funny of all the wannabe confederates suddenly remember what that act was about though

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

There's a vet running for State House in Ohio. He's pretty open about his issues with PTSD and how he's doing coping. This is the flyer the Ohio GOP sent out.

https://twitter.com/JoeHelle/status/1049824473711616002

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Soulex posted:

continually.”

Michel de Montaigne posted:

There is no man so good that if he placed all his actions and thoughts under the scrutiny of the laws, he would not deserve hanging ten times in his life.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

The "pussy communist" sheriff from Tank is most of congress now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Any of us would be for the headsman's block if our cumulative thoughts were revealed, and rightfully so.

Meanwhile, in Mitch McConnell's office:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THGwCtBb2rE

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/weeklystandard/status/1052968599898480640

Pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
The Saudis ganking Kashoggi is unbelievably vile. Screaming that it wasn't and how dare you until they're blue in the face is just, I mean, how can any kind of diplomacy even happen under these circumstances?

• Locked thread