Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Wildtortilla posted:

You don't think that a mission which requires one of your characters to get hit by an enemy knockback attack to reach the goal doesn't require trial and error?

Are you referencing the bonus challange level that's explicitly a 1 turn puzzle? Cause :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think I actually beat that mission without getting knocked back, by maxing out itchy feet and jump distance.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I mean people call call it Mario XCOM cause the very basic gameplay is similar and there's not really anything else to compare it to. Overall it's definitely more of a puzzle game than XCOM is

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

I haven't experienced it yet, but it sounds like there are going to be in game chests/puzzles that require specific weapon types depending on which planet you are on. The game is fun enough I might spend the $6 to unlock a couple of new weapons, or just ignore them entirely as so far the stuff I've been getting out of elemental chests isn't even that great.

I've encountered at least one Warden Spire puzzle that requires a Stasis weapon. This wouldn't be that big a gripe except that as of now there's only one Stasis weapon in the entire game, the Levitator, and it's exclusive to the Judge/Neptune ship pack. I got the Digital Deluxe edition and never looked back but I could see it being a huge annoyance to anyone who went physical and found out they need a whole ship pack just to fill out their weapon elemental coverage and 100% at least one planet. The Neptune's a cool looking ship and Judge is a cool looking character so I'm sure most people picked that pack up anyway but it's still kinda scummy they did it that way at launch.

EDIT: The vast majority of spires I've encountered [I'm about 5 planets in] only require fire or ice weapons though, so for the most part you can get most of them with what even the physical edition gives you out of the box, it's just a mild inconvenience that you can't unlock all the fast travel points on a world with the physical starter kit.

Truxton fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 18, 2018

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I misread this as punch a Goron and was really confused as to why you'd do that

For selling you a sword that breaks, obviously.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Truxton posted:

I've encountered at least one Warden Spire puzzle that requires a Stasis weapon. This wouldn't be that big a gripe except that as of now there's only one Stasis weapon in the entire game, the Levitator, and it's exclusive to the Judge/Neptune ship pack. I got the Digital Deluxe edition and never looked back but I could see it being a huge annoyance to anyone who went physical and found out they need a whole ship pack just to fill out their weapon elemental coverage and 100% at least one planet. The Neptune's a cool looking ship and Judge is a cool looking character so I'm sure most people picked that pack up anyway but it's still kinda scummy they did it that way at launch.

Hah, luckily I picked that one up because it was one of the coolest looking and had a weapon type I didn't have.

So I have a fire and ice that comes with the starter pack, whatever the shredder is (haven't used), an implosion weapon that came with the super fast samurai man ship, and a gravity one that came with Judge's ship. And Arwing lasers that appear to have no element. Are there and other elements I'm missing? I was probably going to pick up one more ship.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Hah, luckily I picked that one up because it was one of the coolest looking and had a weapon type I didn't have.

So I have a fire and ice that comes with the starter pack, whatever the shredder is (haven't used), an implosion weapon that came with the super fast samurai man ship, and a gravity one that came with Judge's ship. And Arwing lasers that appear to have no element. Are there and other elements I'm missing? I was probably going to pick up one more ship.

The Shredder is Kinetic, which is the game's way of saying non-elemental [The Arwing lasers have this designation too, despite being laser weaponry, lol]. There's Fire, Ice, Gravity, and Stasis, so you're all covered!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I usually run fox in a modded up arwing, but Ive been using Razor in the neptune with the Iron Fist gun and holy crap is it effective. Iron Fist shreds giants

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Let me tell you I had been using just the Arwing, then I started an easy mode save file so my son could see the beginning, and played as judge. Cool ship.

Then I put in the samurai looking dude... Blade? Is that the name of his ship? Edge? Something like that. That fucker BOOKS. I thought the Arwing was fast. This thing feels almost twice as fast.

If that Retro Star Fox racer game is real they should throw this guy in as cross promotion.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I usually run fox in a modded up arwing, but Ive been using Razor in the neptune with the Iron Fist gun and holy crap is it effective. Iron Fist shreds giants

God I love the Iron Fist, I'll either use it in combination with an ice weapon to make enemies hold nice and still or the Gauss Gun or Shockwave to ragdoll them first and then zoom in and get a good meatshot in.

Freeze Ray and Gauss Gun's another fun combination. Charge them both up at once then all but the beefiest targets die in one hit.

Also the Meteor is incredible, give it a spin sometime if you've got it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'll try some of those combos here in a bit, i probably have most of that. I have whatever comes with the digital version and can't remember the names of most of the stuff.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
The Meteor only comes with the Deluxe digital version, but it's an attack you charge up and then your ship rushes forward at ramming speed, covered in fire, and knocks whatever it rams into up in the air and centers your camera on them for a followup attack. Not that I've ever been in a situation where I needed to follow up on anything that wasn't a fire element enemy, because it's practically guaranteed to do crit damage on a cyclops. It can oneshot Imp Hives. Of all the weapons that are in a separate weapon pack, it's probably the one I'd say was totally worth the price.

You can also use it for mobility, and it even launches you into the air if you aim it upwards.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh, neat. Ill take a look at the dlc after they drop the first post launch wave

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is it possible to not be able to gain any more heart vessels due to investing all spirit orbs in stamina?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is it possible to not be able to gain any more heart vessels due to investing all spirit orbs in stamina?

Yep. You can max one, but not both.

You made the right choice

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

there’s a way to trade em, though. if you weren’t aware

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Barudak posted:

The port introduces the best feature possible to the game, a cutscene skip button.
:stonk:
First playthrough too?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

First playthrough too?

Prepare yourself for it: Yes

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jesus, I can't find where to take the exact picture to get the Zelda memory on the Eldin Mountains to save my life!

THE loving MOON posted:

Yep. You can max one, but not both.

You made the right choice

Thanks. But I want the master sword. :(

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Jesus, I can't find where to take the exact picture to get the Zelda memory on the Eldin Mountains to save my life!

Well you dont need max heart containers for that. And you can reallocate your spirit orbs

Edit: starlink eats my battery faster than doom :psyduck:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Pro tip: visit the horned statue near Hateno Village, switch all your orbs over to hearts, get the sword, go back and switch them back over to stamina.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Are you referencing the bonus challange level that's explicitly a 1 turn puzzle? Cause :lol:

Yeah, the gimmick bonus levels are pretty clear trial and error puzzles where the whole point is to solve for the solution. For normal "reach the goal!" missions, just moving as far as you safely can every turn while keeping the fighting up was sufficient for me. Run and gun man.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ubisoft got back to me about my ticket about the missing cart in my Starlink kit. They sent me a key for the digital deluxe edition, which is sweet as all hell. Probably saved me 50 bucks in plastic starships.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
So Diablo 3 is out soon. Somehow I've never played a Diablo game but if Nine Parchments was extremely my poo poo I presume I'll like it? Mainly in it for the couch co op

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

raditts posted:

If we're still doing BOTW chat and the never ending argument over weapon breaking, I think they could have had a happy medium where things like sticks and bones break (and keep it so wooden weapons burn like they already do) but sturdier bladed weapons just become less effective and/or do less damage. Like fire blades could burn out, wands stop shooting out magic and only work as melee weapons, axes don't cut down trees after a while, stuff like that. (I guess even sturdier stuff could still break if you just beat it against rocks all the time, or try to fell trees with a sword or a staff.) And instead of making the Master Sword unusuable for 10 minutes, just make it less powerful, and maybe it just "recharges" on its own instead of you having to use it to its "breaking" point first.

I like these ideas.

I've also had the idea that it would be cool to have an item you could buy which you could permanently attach to any weapon to give it infinite durability. It would be expensive enough and require enough rare materials that you'd have to work to get it, but it would at least allow people to keep a number of "favorite" weapons forever while not affecting the rest of the game. Ideally these items would be infinitely buyable, but each one would be a total pain in the dick to actually earn all the mats for.

Sudden Javelin posted:

So Diablo 3 is out soon. Somehow I've never played a Diablo game but if Nine Parchments was extremely my poo poo I presume I'll like it? Mainly in it for the couch co op

Diablo 3 co-op is fantastic.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 18, 2018

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is dark souls dropping at midnight in all time zones??

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

First playthrough too?

One of the issues with Okami is that the game’s Navi stand-in is pretty chatty, skipping that stuff is very nice

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Sudden Javelin posted:

You're gonna love it. Diablo 3 is a great "kick back and blast demons with a buddy" game.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Has anyone here had their switch freeze in a somewhat quick succession (2 times in 24h). I searched around and it's very similar to what some other users reported: unresponsive/black screen after some time in rest mode.

I'm wondering if there was some trick to it or if waiting for a system update would fix it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meallan posted:

Has anyone here had their switch freeze in a somewhat quick succession (2 times in 24h). I searched around and it's very similar to what some other users reported: unresponsive/black screen after some time in rest mode.

I'm wondering if there was some trick to it or if waiting for a system update would fix it.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
this looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHhD5XQECZo

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Augus posted:

One of the issues with Okami is that the game’s Navi stand-in is pretty chatty, skipping that stuff is very nice

I’m playing through it for the umpteenth time, and the Switch port is bloody lovely. Absolutely worth it, especially if it’s on sale.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is this Persona?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsGfTTqZlBs

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

bowmore posted:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Well each time I've had to hard reset so yes.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
My left joy con has developed an issue with the analog stick continuing to “move” up after pushing it until it’s pushed in another direction. It doesn’t feel like anything is physically stuck and it’s never been wet. Short of replacing it, is there anything that I can try to fix it?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

duffmensch posted:

My left joy con has developed an issue with the analog stick continuing to “move” up after pushing it until it’s pushed in another direction. It doesn’t feel like anything is physically stuck and it’s never been wet. Short of replacing it, is there anything that I can try to fix it?

canned air.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

For the second time this month my dock hasn’t output the signal to my tv.

Switch is on, the dock light is on, but the tv is not getting a signal. Both times it was fixed by completely unplugging the dock.

Still weird.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Lmao this thread sure turned quickly into tech support.

For the stuck joycon; I had that, it's the blue one right? It's probably something stuck. You don't have to feel it because any old dust particle could do the trick from what I've read. Canned air did fix it for me but nintendo needs to do something about the joycon. It's probably way too easy for stuff to get inside there.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I had the same problem with grey joycons. The left stick liked to stay "up" and it caused a lot of problems. I didn't see any improvements with canned air but I don't know if I hit the right area. I just got a new pair with the splatoon colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

I wished but I played the original one and it was really bad. This remake at least seems to have better environments but they would have to re-work on the storytelling a lot.