Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Troy Queef posted:

The current rumor is that the Chargers most likely landing spot is St Louis, because of the ongoing lawsuit between STL City and the NFL over the Rams move.

Going from Kronke to a loving Spanos. That's just brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Pimpy Longcockings posted:

gently caress I'd be so disappointed as a player to have to move out to St Louis. What a depressing city.

Players willingly live in Charlotte, Buffalo, Cincinnati and Jacksonville. I’m biased but STL is easily better than those places.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
STL is short for ShiThoLe

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Troy Queef posted:

Players willingly live in Charlotte, Buffalo, Cincinnati and Jacksonville. I’m biased but STL is easily better than those places.

At least it has Charlie Gitto's

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Troy Queef posted:

The current rumor is that the Chargers most likely landing spot is St Louis, because of the ongoing lawsuit between STL City and the NFL over the Rams move.

I'm not seeing any rumor other than a St Louis radio host lobbying for it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

a neat cape posted:

I'm not seeing any rumor other than a St Louis radio host lobbying for it

Why the gently caress would StL even lobby for a team with another shithead of an owner. They're not gems as a group but drat I'd certainly rather deal with Arthur Blank than the Spanos clan.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

hifi posted:

smartfootball has some good stuff too. RPOs are called packaged plays on the first link.

http://smartfootball.com/grab-bag/smart-football-glossary
http://smartfootball.com/offense/the-air-raid-offense-history-evolution-weirdness-from-mumme-to-leach-to-franklin-to-holgorsen-and-beyond

edit: i'm not sure i'd say there's a axis where RPOs and mesh concepts lie on, mesh is just another extension of the "man breaking" routes where it's easier to jump a route from zone than sticking a corner on a guy and having him trail the route, whereas RPOs try and isolate usually a linebacker or a box safety and make him decide between covering the gap in front of him and the hole in coverage behind him. currently you don't see so many RPOs because not a lot of QBs have experience running option plays. It's easier just to run a play where the receivers end up on either side of a coverage zone and the QB can pick the open one. The smartfootball guy loves those and goes into detail on them under "triangle plays" or something like that.

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/6248/see-how-the-sluggo-win-concept-works-at-the-college-and-pro-football-levels

This is one more I forgot, Adam Thielen is getting a ton of yards off sluggo plays this year

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why the gently caress would StL even lobby for a team with another shithead of an owner. They're not gems as a group but drat I'd certainly rather deal with Arthur Blank than the Spanos clan.

AB is an excellent owner, op :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

AB is an excellent owner, op :colbert:

Counterpoint, eat the rich

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Counterpoint, eat the rich

Eisen?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1053023823627505670

Cardinals also cut Kendall Wright.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1053024124090703872

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 18, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Troy Queef posted:

Would they build that new stadium they approved to try to keep the Rams there if this happened?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Poor Pimpy Longcockings flew too close to the sun

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Make the Rams the LA Chargers and the Chargers the St Louis Rams and everyone wins

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

St. Louis deserves nothing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers come home

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://deadspin.com/no-ones-really-sure-what-the-dolphins-did-with-ryan-tan-1829837891

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Saw that earlier I dunno wtf is going on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrMouthAlmighty/status/1053040749640597505

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Troy Queef posted:

Cinci is a pretty decent city, even if I don't much like their fanbase

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

making GBS threads on charlotte out of nowhere.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This is immensely watchable

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1053041482913976320

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

making GBS threads on charlotte out of nowhere.

Missed that 1st time through. Charlotte is pretty great

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

I bought tickets through StubHub for the Titans/Ravens game this past weekend and went. Today I got an email from a Chris Pearlman who is the Titans account manager asking me to call him. The email goes on to ask of I enjoyed the game, and where I sat. The phone number in the email is the correct number listed on the guys official page and LinkedIn, so I don't think it's some kind of scam. What the hell is this? I can only guess they are trying to get the guy who sold his tickets in trouble, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any guesses?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Late stage capitalism, where good customer service is automatically assumed to be loving someone over (and yeah, it might be for that purpose).

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yall we really need to get this man a loving medal or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-yAWi-LCtE

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Flooger posted:

I bought tickets through StubHub for the Titans/Ravens game this past weekend and went. Today I got an email from a Chris Pearlman who is the Titans account manager asking me to call him. The email goes on to ask of I enjoyed the game, and where I sat. The phone number in the email is the correct number listed on the guys official page and LinkedIn, so I don't think it's some kind of scam. What the hell is this? I can only guess they are trying to get the guy who sold his tickets in trouble, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any guesses?

Probably just a survey or randomly contacting people who went to the game to ask about their experience. I've had team ticket offices to give me a call to try to sell me ticket packages but I don't think they'd ask you to call them if that was the case, they'd just call themselves.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Ted Nugent is available

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

8 best players of 2018 (so far)

• Todd Gurley
  • Patrick Mahomes
  • Adam Thielen
  • Jared Goff
  • Khalil Mack
  • Drew Brees
  • Philip Rivers
  • David Bakhtiari

Analysis and clips @ link

The fuckin Rams, man

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TNF: Broncos (1-5) Cardinals (2-4). Or something. :effort: someone do it I'm on awful app and can't post.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

appleappleappleapple

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Yeah, Rodgers is gay. "Yes." *beep* *boop* "We are attracted to each other like normal healthy heterosexuals would be. A girl and a man. That is what heterosexual couples of the opposite sex do."

Could have said "Yeah, we're really into each other." but I suppose attracted would do.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

wandler20 posted:

What happened to Tate? He seemed to do really well in camp and preseason.

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1053006218149675008
Can't play special teams.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Fuuuuuck wrong thread for my goofy pun

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gatts posted:

Yeah, Rodgers is gay. "Yes." *beep* *boop* "We are attracted to each other like normal healthy heterosexuals would be. A girl and a man. That is what heterosexual couples of the opposite sex do."

Could have said "Yeah, we're really into each other." but I suppose attracted would do.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Flooger posted:

He's trying to sell you more tickets.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lol even if Rodgers dated a dude or whatever it doesnt mean he isnt attracted to or into his girlfriend. bi people exist

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
N: Chiefs wearing all-reds against Bengals

V: All-reds are sick, gently caress yeah

Probably my favorite moment as a Chiefs fan happened in all-reds, when Tyreek Hill housed a punt return after the crowd started chanting his name before the kick. Chills, man.

All reds are cool.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

nerve posted:

lol even if Rodgers dated a dude or whatever it doesnt mean he isnt attracted to or into his girlfriend. bi people exist

Tbh he's probably(definitely) just an obsessive psycho who has unnatural mannerisms and problems expressing himself and people are equating that with a closeted homosexual. Also being openly gay in the NFL unfortunately seems like career suicide so who knows. But I prefer the emotionless robot analogy.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Rodgers is deffo 110% 1st down getting driving to TD Football Machine. He makes it look easy.

Has GB ever had a dominant Defense like Rodgers has a dominant offense?

• Locked thread