Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ranzear posted:

My only issue with the IBO kits is there wasn't a single robit in that whole show that was simply red (and even being almost red, the Grimgerde was featured for what, five minutes?) I wouldn't even care if it was a scrub model, but everything is some kind of hot pink, blue, purple, or black. "This guy is definitely not Char because he doesn't pilot a red machine! It's lightish red! ... Okay it's not red anymore!" There's a red version of Astaroth from the side story :shrug:

Red, Red/Black, or Tallgeese. That's my niche.

It actually makes me mad that people paint the Grimgerde red.

Char didn't pilot a red machine, though.

That's Johnny Ridden.

Char's ride was salmon pink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Char's ride was salmon pink.

Torso is red. Limbs and head are pink.

Grimgerde is straight up magenta.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

That Gobbo posted:

Is Motor King that bad? Because I've wanted a Xamel kit that isn't an extraordinarily expensive resin kit.

I mean, they could have stepped it up since they released the Zaku Tank, so MAYBE it's worth a shot if you're in the market for a Xamel. :shrug:

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

I mean, they could have stepped it up since they released the Zaku Tank, so MAYBE it's worth a shot if you're in the market for a Xamel. :shrug:

I built the Cutecube Woundwort so I'm not too worried about it reading a review on the Zaku Tank.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

That Gobbo posted:

Is Motor King that bad? Because I've wanted a Xamel kit that isn't an extraordinarily expensive resin kit.

There's fitment issues in the promo images from the link posted.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Finishing up a cheap mg unicorn ver ka that I got at a convention and just loving lol at the knee articulation on this. People were not kidding about how bad it was. Good thing I'm not planning any fancy poses.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Man, I really like that skateboard helmet Jegan and foresee myself drunk ordering it at 3 am at some point.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Huh, you don't see the F90 getting much love nowadays, but yet here we are.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
It's that a CS?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's that a CS?

Gashapon toy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

Gashapon toy.

Gundam Converge

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's that a CS?

I think it's the same line as my Epyon from a few pages back -

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gundam Converge

Yeah that. Saw piles of them in Akihabara.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 18, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
And I don't know if getting a Converge now counts as "love", they did that semi-canon wheeled Mobile Suit that takes down the Gundam at the end of the novels a long time ago.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
What's the name for when you paint silver onto the back of a clear part to catch the light better? Also, does that work with the MG Unicorn if I plan to glue it into destroy mode so it isn't as fragile as I've heard?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Cat Hatter posted:

What's the name for when you paint silver onto the back of a clear part to catch the light better? Also, does that work with the MG Unicorn if I plan to glue it into destroy mode so it isn't as fragile as I've heard?

I'm not sure of the exact name.
Gluing it wouldn't matter, just try not to get any glue on the psychoframe pieces.

Personally, I wouldn't glue ever piece, just assemble it and glue every piece that seems loose.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Monaghan posted:

I'm not sure of the exact name.
Gluing it wouldn't matter, just try not to get any glue on the psychoframe pieces.

Personally, I wouldn't glue ever piece, just assemble it and glue every piece that seems loose.

That was my plan, I just seem to remember someone back when it first came out saying that it wasn't feasible, but it was so long ago I don't remember if there were some parts that show both sides or if it was an issue with the paint scraping off during transformation.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Schizophonic9s pictorial of the RE/100 Base Jabber is up.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/re_basejabber.html

It doesn't look… great. Color separation is not much better than the HG. If PB would let me cancel single items I'd probably cancel mine as if that's the final result then it doesn't feel quite worth the novelty.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They really could've put a clear piece in for the windshield. That's just lazy

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

RillAkBea posted:

Schizophonic9s pictorial of the RE/100 Base Jabber is up.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/re_basejabber.html

It doesn't look… great. Color separation is not much better than the HG. If PB would let me cancel single items I'd probably cancel mine as if that's the final result then it doesn't feel quite worth the novelty.

quote:

The grip for MS is fixed and does not move. There are also a few meat removers.

The landing gear is 2 parts and there is a meat punching on the back side.

I don't know what Google Translate did to this page, but I think I like it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A meat remover in a gunpla context sounds like an extra sharp v-fin waiting to gouge an unsuspecting modeler.

My local hobby shop has a real grade sazabi in stock but it's $72 before taxes. drat you, Canadian sales markups.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 19, 2018

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
the MG full armor thunderbolt has too many runners :supaburn:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Built the new Optimus Prime model. It's not bad. Definitely a step down from Bandai, but not bad:

1. The plastic is a bit prone to nub marks for some reason - took more cleaning than a Bandai kit would
2. The manual is a step down too - stickers are just "S3" or whatever with a line to the part, so they don't visually stand out from parts. Had to go back through the manual and scour for where I'd missed putting stickers on.
3. The stickers themselves - there are a lot more. There's more than a few stickers that could've easily been distinct plastic parts.
4. Weak joints - his arm won't hold his axe up unsupported.
5. Glue - it's not required, but there's multiple places in the manual they recommend it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
heres some pics of some robots and also beer and a guy

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

This is a seriously pro click. What an awesome idea. Who was it in the thread who needed posing inspiration? Right here.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
That Turn X is rad, the rest are great too, but I'm a huge fan of TAG.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Bandai keeps releasing P-Bandai Gundam Wing kits, and I keep pre-ordering. Got the Space and Flight Leos on order, and an RG Tallgeese 2. How many other Leo variants were there? I'm building my 3rd regular Leo right now, and I have ideas for at least a couple more.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

EVGA Longoria posted:

How many other Leo variants were there?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I... don't know how I feel about these. I might actually be able to avoid buying a Leo variant if they put these out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like the first one.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Arcsquad12 posted:

I like the first one.

Big boi is good because all fat robots are good.

Last one is good because it’s red and has a cape, and that fits.

Middle one is kinda meh in those colors, might dig it in some others.

But none of them look like Leos to me.

IronCastKnight
Jul 27, 2013
I'm totally down with the one with the big pimp rear end cape and would buy two, one to build as is and one to steal the cape from to put on the Tallgeese

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I will never not like the Leo's crotch thruster.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The two Garys go up on P-Bandai today.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000129781

No sign of of a release date for Jar Jar yet but the first wave of Garys is set for January so it's probably coming somewhere around then.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I put together the RG RX-78-2 on a lark today. It was... alright. Thanks for reading

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Don't forget the Leo IV aka Smallgeese

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

The Tallgeese is so Leo derived anyway that you might as well call it one.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
what's the best way to clean off very dusty models before putting them into a better display situation. Most of mine have been panel lined with prisma ink, but haven't been sealed, and none of them have waterslides, but almost all have stickers. worth it to pull the sticker parts and compressed air / q-tip detail and then soap/water the rest? or just compressed air and a microfiber wipedown?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Use a huge soft brush and compressed air, unless you display them over your kitchen range and they are caked in bacon grease.

In that case I would use the dip

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

slightpirate posted:

what's the best way to clean off very dusty models before putting them into a better display situation. Most of mine have been panel lined with prisma ink, but haven't been sealed, and none of them have waterslides, but almost all have stickers. worth it to pull the sticker parts and compressed air / q-tip detail and then soap/water the rest? or just compressed air and a microfiber wipedown?

I use moist towelettes. Like the kind you get at BBQ place. Doesn't mess with the paint and hasn't caused any peeling off stickers in my experience. A microfiber towel is also a good choice if you've got some old stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Feather duster?