Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I have had the worst luck with catching piplups. You can't just break out of 10 curved ultra balls, some great and excellent throws. That's just not allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
My Go-tcha is doing a fantastic job of hoovering up Piplups and Chimchars. Few Turtwigs so far though.

Gen 4 had the best starters outside of the original set.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
The Gen 4 starters only seem Okay to me but I haven't fully evolved them yet and also I hate them for breaking out of so many berries and ultra balls

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

They have the best names to say out loud since Gen 1

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the gen 4 starters are all pretty low tier. it's the new evolutions for old pokemon that are going to matter for gen 4.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

FrensaGeran posted:

... more like TURDwig

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

FistEnergy posted:

The Gen 4 starters only seem Okay to me but I haven't fully evolved them yet and also I hate them for breaking out of so many berries and ultra balls

Gameplay wise they’re probably terrible. But Piplup/Chimchar/Turtwig are the best character designs since the original three. Empoleon and Infernape saw play competitively in various games/formats too.

A steel penguin, a flaming kung fu monkey and uh... a turd in the grass are all pretty awesome.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

... more like TURDwig

... more like PEEplup.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
yeah well maybe i would love them more if they stopped trying to leave me

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got a Torkoal today from someone who had a bunch and was just trying to get rid of them, and the Turtwig I traded them "to see if I get a good IV reroll" ended up being lucky with max attack :toot:

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Dr Tran posted:

I maxed out six Gyarados for a tourney I participated in only for Gyarados to be replaced by Kyogre like a month later.

Going back to this but what?

What the gently caress is a Pokemon Go Tournament? Do you show off your best mons like it's a cat show?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

NZAmoeba posted:

What the gently caress is a Pokemon Go Tournament? Do you show off your best mons like it's a cat show?

Picture a MMA fight where the objective is to catch a Pokémon with an excellent curveball... while getting punched in the face or trying to grapple.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

FistEnergy posted:

yeah well maybe i would love them more if they stopped trying to leave me

treating you mean to keep you keen

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Why doesn't southwestern US get poo poo? The gently caress, Florida!

We get Carnivine, in addition to Tauros, Heracross, and Corsola. So, 4 Regionals...

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

We get Carnivine, in addition to Tauros, Heracross, and Corsola. So, 4 Regionals...

Why does everyone think the southwest is the southeast...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

TheEye posted:

Why does everyone think the southwest is the southeast...

Agreed on Gen 4 starters being great. I prefer gen 7, but Gen 4 still held the crown for a long while and it's one of the very few gens where all three starters are great.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
My pride and joy:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Traded someone a Kangaskhan (I hatched like 10 from the event) for a Spinx. The girl kept asking if I was sure because he's a lvl 1 raid, but I have yet to see one. They ended up lucky. Not sure who was more excited but I got my loving lion cub!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Hey Vorxnyx I opened your gift without realizing we were hitting ultra so be sure to use a lucky egg immediately when you log on next.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 19, 2018

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I've been collecting Dratini encounters since the water field research came in; now that there's a limit on the number that you can save, what happens when you're full and try to run?
I haven't been keeping count so I don't know exactly how many I have banked...

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

lmao at the thicc bunny pokemon. I guess it was a matter of time before furry pokemon became a thing.

*rushes back into the thread, breathless*

don't want none unless you've got buns hun!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Someone from my local group of like 10 people got a shiny Sphinx from a raid.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I bought a Gotcha a few weeks ago and it was working great up till the other day. It will briefly flash if I hit the button, but it won't stay on and won't connect to the app. Tried charging it overnight to no avail, so today I went to Gamestop and bought a new one, got home, charged it, and now it's doing the exact same thing. Is this a known bug or am I incredibly unlucky?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I think that’s happened to me once or twice. I would either try unpairing it completely from the phone or let the battery drain completely and pair it again.

Usually when it acts funky for me the battery is low.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Sounds about right for my town.

Also for people who are torn between saving or using pinap because of the new starters and the incoming Beldum day, just remember that every starter will eventually get their own community day. So unless you really want to be the first one in town to put an Empoleon in a gym to show off, I'd save the pinaps.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Willsun posted:

Sounds about right for my town.

Also for people who are torn between saving or using pinap because of the new starters and the incoming Beldum day, just remember that every starter will eventually get their own community day. So unless you really want to be the first one in town to put an Empoleon in a gym to show off, I'd save the pinaps.

I have 12 metwos and 0 shiny shinx, if it ain't windy I'm going for the shinx

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I have 12 metwos and 0 shiny shinx, if it ain't windy I'm going for the shinx

This really only needs an :emptyquote:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A cool thing they should implement is an increased spawn rate for pokemon that you make your buddy (if that poke spawns in the wild)

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Or make another incense item for that exact purpose. It would even fit a la the berry item scheme where they just picked from their large selection of berry names and used random ones that had nothing to do with how pinap or razz berries work in PoGo. There's 9 incense items so far in the game and they can just retcon and code our current incense to have one of those names too.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

bowmore posted:

A cool thing they should implement is an increased spawn rate for pokemon that you make your buddy (if that poke spawns in the wild)

I've thought this same thing, not like a ton of them but enough that you'd notice

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Pomplamoose posted:

Hey Vorxnyx I opened your gift without realizing we were hitting ultra so be sure to use a lucky egg immediately when you log on next.

Got it, thanks! That was my last lucky egg, but I made it almost a full level using friends-ups. I may add something to the spreadsheet reflecting that I'm ok with people popping Ultra Friends on their schedule.

Willsun posted:

Or make another incense item for that exact purpose. It would even fit a la the berry item scheme where they just picked from their large selection of berry names and used random ones that had nothing to do with how pinap or razz berries work in PoGo. There's 9 incense items so far in the game and they can just retcon and code our current incense to have one of those names too.

You could probably even buff the current incense. Ideally I think it'd be great if incense became a F2P item that you get occasionally from stops, but there's probably no way back since it's currently in the store (although at 80 coins per it seems like a bit of a ripoff for 6 Pidgeys).

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Big McHuge posted:

I bought a Gotcha a few weeks ago and it was working great up till the other day. It will briefly flash if I hit the button, but it won't stay on and won't connect to the app. Tried charging it overnight to no avail, so today I went to Gamestop and bought a new one, got home, charged it, and now it's doing the exact same thing. Is this a known bug or am I incredibly unlucky?

Re-pair it. I’ve had this happen multiple times.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

BGrifter posted:

My Go-tcha is doing a fantastic job of hoovering up Piplups and Chimchars. Few Turtwigs so far though.

Gen 4 had the best starters outside of the original set.

Gen 7 has the best starters including Gen 1. loving ghost owl, wrestling heel tiger and opera magical girl seal.

BGrifter posted:

Gameplay wise they’re probably terrible. But Piplup/Chimchar/Turtwig are the best character designs since the original three. Empoleon and Infernape saw play competitively in various games/formats too.

A steel penguin, a flaming kung fu monkey and uh... a turd in the grass are all pretty awesome.

Torterra is the best starter this gen though, world turtles rule.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
All the way down.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
They seem to have massively toned down the spawn rate of bidoof. On day one they were everywhere, now I hardly see them

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's not really bidoof if you don't feel physical pain at seeing yet another.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Re-pair it. I’ve had this happen multiple times.

The gotchas don't stay on long enough to re-pair. I've now had them both charging overnight, and they're both doing the same thing. Press button, and it flashes on for a millisecond then off.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

I have "Je ne sais pas un Piplup" unshakeably lodged in my head, to the point I can't see a Piplup without thinking of it. I think it was someone's custom title here on SA, but I've no idea of any backstory (if there is one).

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Go through “forget this device” on your phone, not the app, then start again as if it’s brand new. I’ve had this half a dozen times with mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Froist posted:

I have "Je ne sais pas un Piplup" unshakeably lodged in my head, to the point I can't see a Piplup without thinking of it. I think it was someone's custom title here on SA, but I've no idea of any backstory (if there is one).

Piplup, it’s French for yum.

(ping Hookshot)