Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kammat posted:

I, uh, wow.

I don't think I've ever seen such a lopsided score this fast.

The Steelers went down 28-0 in the 1st quarter vs the 2015 Broncos, and came back to beat them. AB had like 200 yards and dunked on the No Fly Zone all night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Bradford is earning more money on the sideline of this one game than most people earn in their lifetime.

The American Dream is alive for one man

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Have a day Rosen

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1053096689668513792?s=20

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

Oh, forgot about the game.... oh my god, nevermind, goodnight boys.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
How do you gently caress up a fair catch coverage? :doh:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Why the gently caress is Johnson being told to run into the pile? The gently caress is this? Who is doing this?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Andy Reid is looking like a parallel dimension genius at this point in drafting

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

running on 3rd & 5

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

LOL Aikman saying they should just punt on third downs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos are the best team in the league imho

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Trash Trick posted:

Longtime cardinals fans getting flashbacks rn

even john skelton wouldn't get dumped on like this

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol this game sucks

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

pmchem posted:

LOL Aikman saying they should just punt on third downs

If boring garbage-rear end suckman Troy Aikman feels comfortable throwing shade at your team, you know you suck.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

hifi posted:

Or Max Hall

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
17 straight 3rd downs not converted by Arizona

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

17 straight 3rd downs not converted by Arizona

consistency, that's what I like about my team

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hifi posted:

Reminder he got to play way loving longer than he should have thanks to facing the Saints defense in his first game

Sorry

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Real talk, I'm gonna try to lay out why Mike McCoy (Cardinals OC) is utter poo poo. Because this game is everything I saw when he was the head coach for the Chargers (San Diego variety).

1. Runs up the gut all day every day. In San Diego, Rivers would line up in shotgun for most all run games, and it was obvious. Defenses could stack the box because they didn't fear Melvin Gordon going anywhere except up the center's rear end. David Johnson does not have the offensive line or the skills to power run like that. He's loving fast, he needs to bounce to the outside. He kicks the poo poo out of defensive secondary players in open space.
2. Run > Run > Pass > Punt. Also known as 'trying to establish the run'. McCoy is obsessed with establishing the run, even when he's got one of the best QBs available.
3. McCoy doesn't actually have an offensive identity in mind. I said it sarcastically earlier, but he really would say he runs the Erhardt-Perkins system in response to the question of "What do we do?"
4. He doesn't communicate worth a poo poo. Three times tonight, the play was either confused or too late. Blowing timeouts in that fashion is entirely too familiar to me. Now the Cardinals have it. To expand on this point, McCoy had this problem with Ken Whisenhunt as his OC, then Frank Reich, then Whisenhunt again, now he's OC and it's happening again.
5. Another problem with McCoy not communicating -- he can't tell you what sort of players he needs because he doesn't have any talent in player evaluations at all. He plugs them into HIS system. He doesn't change his system for the personnel available. Ever. The only times he's been successful, he blindsided other teams with an unpredictable Tim Teebow, then Peyton Manning who could overcome his lovely playcalling, then a season with Rivers who could overcome his lovely playcalling, but even that wore off after long enough.
6. When he became HC for the Chargers in 2013, he had a good playbook, which I assume he built that offseason because it was his job. But he has not updated his playbook since. Seeing the Cards play tonight, it's loving predictable as ever. He made the playoffs that year despite all odds as a rookie head coach. But the year after, nothing changed. And the year after that, and after that. And lo and loving behold, the Chargers got worse with every year offensively.

Yeah, that's a lot of words to say Mike McCoy shouldn't be employed in football for any reason ever. But I don't feel like I've missed any of this game typing this poo poo up.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MikePeltonABC15/status/1053095892838830080?s=20

lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

A 16 year old Madden fanatic could scheme a better offense

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Every single one of them voted for Arpaio so gently caress 'em

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

pmchem posted:

A 16 year old Madden fanatic could scheme a better offense

Hell, my 2 year old could pushing random buttons

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

aperion posted:

Mike McCoy is garbage

SO EXCITED FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

aperion posted:

Real talk, I'm gonna try to lay out why Mike McCoy (Cardinals OC) is utter poo poo. Because this game is everything I saw when he was the head coach for the Chargers (San Diego variety).

1. Runs up the gut all day every day. In San Diego, Rivers would line up in shotgun for most all run games, and it was obvious. Defenses could stack the box because they didn't fear Melvin Gordon going anywhere except up the center's rear end. David Johnson does not have the offensive line or the skills to power run like that. He's loving fast, he needs to bounce to the outside. He kicks the poo poo out of defensive secondary players in open space.
2. Run > Run > Pass > Punt. Also known as 'trying to establish the run'. McCoy is obsessed with establishing the run, even when he's got one of the best QBs available.
3. McCoy doesn't actually have an offensive identity in mind. I said it sarcastically earlier, but he really would say he runs the Erhardt-Perkins system in response to the question of "What do we do?"
4. He doesn't communicate worth a poo poo. Three times tonight, the play was either confused or too late. Blowing timeouts in that fashion is entirely too familiar to me. Now the Cardinals have it. To expand on this point, McCoy had this problem with Ken Whisenhunt as his OC, then Frank Reich, then Whisenhunt again, now he's OC and it's happening again.
5. Another problem with McCoy not communicating -- he can't tell you what sort of players he needs because he doesn't have any talent in player evaluations at all. He plugs them into HIS system. He doesn't change his system for the personnel available. Ever. The only times he's been successful, he blindsided other teams with an unpredictable Tim Teebow, then Peyton Manning who could overcome his lovely playcalling, then a season with Rivers who could overcome his lovely playcalling, but even that wore off after long enough.
6. When he became HC for the Chargers in 2013, he had a good playbook, which I assume he built that offseason because it was his job. But he has not updated his playbook since. Seeing the Cards play tonight, it's loving predictable as ever. He made the playoffs that year despite all odds as a rookie head coach. But the year after, nothing changed. And the year after that, and after that. And lo and loving behold, the Chargers got worse with every year offensively.

Yeah, that's a lot of words to say Mike McCoy shouldn't be employed in football for any reason ever. But I don't feel like I've missed any of this game typing this poo poo up.

Thank you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

aperion posted:

Just needs to be reposted in another thread so it isn't lost.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Steelers went down 28-0 in the 1st quarter vs the 2015 Broncos, and came back to beat them. AB had like 200 yards and dunked on the No Fly Zone all night

I am glad AB was hurt for the playoff rematch that year

e: or was i tBell? I forgot

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The Broncos loving suck... how do they not have 60 points on the board by now?

loving slackers.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Robnoxious posted:

The Broncos loving suck... how do they not have 60 points on the board by now?

loving slackers.

Vance Joseph baby

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i dont think the cardinals are going to make it deep into the playoffs this year

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
They should go for two just for practice

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lmbo gently caress off dead parasites

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

This game sucks

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

gently caress You Spanos By Proxy!

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Thank you for covering the over all on your own Broncos

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jesus Christ lmao

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What's the biggest blowout I'm Cardinals, Broncos, and NFL history?

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
“You have a franchise quarterback.” When does he show up?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Great half guys I'm gonna share a banana with the dog

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

SirPablo posted:

What's the biggest blowout I'm Cardinals, Broncos, and NFL history?

well at least 58-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tayter Swift posted:

Great half guys I'm gonna share a banana with the dog

You should probably rethink that. That's a lot of carbo load for a dog to process.

• Locked thread